It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Painted_Doll: There are 169 games on my wishlist thanks to this week's releases .
Bought and smoked a cigar after 164 days without nicotine .

:(
56 here after adding the new stuff to the list while removing stuff by way of purchases.

5 and a half months is a solid run. Don't kick yourself too much over the setback, just keep going.
Some days require extra hot chocolate... *sip*
Well...just beat Warhammer 40K: Kill Team, and it was a facepalmingly bad example of how developers can be clueless. If I had paid the ten dollar retail price, I'd be screaming right now.
CarrionCrow: So you get awful on top of the preexisting bad. And some people actually think that'll work to sell products. -shakes head-

The virus of overpriced mediocre coffee is spreading...
Yeah, I keep being amazed. I reserve a special kind of hatred for a commercial about cleaning spray against fungus in the bathroom. That one has been on for years now in all its terribly dubbed glory and it's getting really annoying.

Yep. I occasionally get a frappucino there but everything else I just consider overpriced (and the frappucinos too, to be honest, but they can be rather tempting). I can get a good coffee for half their price, easy.
AgentBirdnest: Some days require extra hot chocolate... *sip*
Here our days are requesting some extra cold ice cream. :-)
At least it rained a little today...
AgentBirdnest: Some days require extra hot chocolate... *sip*
Wish I had some ... guess I'll have to make do with tea. :P

All the essay writing has given me a nice headache as well. -__-
LeoLR: Here our days are requesting some extra cold ice cream. :-)
At least it rained a little today...
Sounds nice.
It's just finally cooling down a bit where I live, which is extremely welcome. I'm not a big fan of intense heat.
FearfulSymmetry: Wish I had some ... guess I'll have to make do with tea. :P

Sorry to hear that :-( (About the headache, not the lack of hot chocolate. Though I'm sorry for the latter too :-p)
Well, tea is good too. Usually. :-)
Post edited October 28, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Sorry to hear that :-( (About the headache, not the lack of hot chocolate. Though I'm sorry for the latter too :-p)
Well, tea is good too. Usually. :-)
Haha, it'll pass eventually. :P I guess I've been tensing up my muscles too much. :P

Yeah, tea is all right, but all this talk of hot chocolate is really making me crave some ... guess I'll have to go out tomorrow or Friday and buy some. :P
Howdy y'all, how ya doin'?
FearfulSymmetry: Yeah, tea is all right, but all this talk of hot chocolate is really making me crave some ... guess I'll have to go out tomorrow or Friday and buy some. :P
I guess I should keep my mouth shut then :-p I'll talk about something else...
Water is the best. Sure glad I have this mug of room temperature water here to keep me happy...... [/lying]
FearfulSymmetry: Yeah, I keep being amazed. I reserve a special kind of hatred for a commercial about cleaning spray against fungus in the bathroom. That one has been on for years now in all its terribly dubbed glory and it's getting really annoying.

Yep. I occasionally get a frappucino there but everything else I just consider overpriced (and the frappucinos too, to be honest, but they can be rather tempting). I can get a good coffee for half their price, easy.
It's even worse when it's the same commercial, and it just keeps going...and going...and going. I'm pretty sure the same commercial here for a legal firm that specializes in asbestos-related lawsuits has been on for the last 10 years solid.

I know that feeling. There's a local coffee place that does very good milkshakes and fruit smoothies. The prices are nuts, even compared to fast food places that do similar items at very high prices, but they're nice to have every once in a great while.
FearfulSymmetry: Wish I had some ... guess I'll have to make do with tea. :P

Pardon my curiosity. A few days ago you were trying to decide on which subject to write your essay. What did you choose?

AgentBirdnest: Sounds nice.
It's just finally cooling down a bit where I live, which is extremely welcome. I'm not a big fan of intense heat.
Is another harsh winter being expected in the US this year? I remember that during the last winter some cities got buried with snow.
Post edited October 28, 2015 by LeoLR
NoNewTaleToTell: Howdy y'all, how ya doin'?
Can't complain here. Just beat a bad game, but at least it was short, finally figured out what I wanted from sales, took care of that (and thanks to my net upgrade they're almost completely downloaded already, yay), now it's watching more Illbleed and enjoying the afternoon.

How are you doing today?
CarrionCrow: Agreed. I've seen a few that made me want to throw things after a while. I get that it's all synthetic, it's all fake. But holy crap, do they have to make quite such a spectacle of how badly it's all being presented? That doesn't make me want the product, it just makes me want their ad executives to die in a fire.

The thought of Spain having an IHOP is depressing. Not as much as Joker talking about them having a Costco, but it's in the same ballpark.

I mainly remember a lot of fast cuts, and the sequences being much harder to follow than they should have been.
FearfulSymmetry: Yesssss. I hate the terrible acting. And over here we also get foreign commercials that are quite obviously and quite badly dubbed over in Dutch. It's so bad that the mouths move at completely the wrong time, and for some reason the voice actors they hire always sound borderline hysterical.

Well, we have Starbucks now ... I remember when you had to go all the way to Amsterdam to get Starbucks, but now there are two stores even in my remote city at the north end of the country. :P
Good moaning what's going o... GOOD GOD IS THAT IT FOR HALLOWEEN?!

Meh; it's good enough.

There's an IHOP here?! (first time I read that, I thought it was some sort of tech gadget) I must go, order some, then rack my brains about why people keep eating such things willingly and repeatedly.

I'm still trying to figure out McDonalds.

There's at least 2 starbucks in town. I've ordered twice from them. Once to try it. And a second to convince myself that I hadn't hallucinated the whole thing. I don't even think their coffe is particularly bad, just ludicruously overpriced. Also, over here people usually prefer coffee in small doses, not in HUEG paper soda cups. As far as I know, they're kept in business almost exclusively thanks to tourists.

No prize for guessing their nationality.
Post edited October 28, 2015 by j0ekerr
NoNewTaleToTell: Howdy y'all, how ya doin'?
CarrionCrow: Can't complain here. Just beat a bad game, but at least it was short, finally figured out what I wanted from sales, took care of that (and thanks to my net upgrade they're almost completely downloaded already, yay), now it's watching more Illbleed and enjoying the afternoon.

How are you doing today?
What game? I picked up Jefequeso's new game A Wolf in Autumn last night and I'll probably play it when I get some quiet time later. It's supposed to be short, maybe an hour or so, about like his first commercial game The Moon Sliver.

Overall, doing good enough that I can't complain much. I'm falling back into goth pop and doom pop, I love that style but it can be a pain in the rear to find new groups of that style.