It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
tryingnewstyle: Im having some problems with the downloader, when i try to download it from gog, it stops and gives and error. The download doesnt finish.
Are you having problems with downloading the app from our website? The connection drops in the middle?
Sor_Eddie: My computer completely freaks out when I use the GOG Downloader to get any big files (over 1 GB). The harddrive read speed reaches 100% and stays that way for quite a while until the file is done. It seems to be related to Avast scanning the file as it downloads, I think. I'm using Windows 8.1 btw
Yes, some antivirus software seems to interfere with our Downloader. Try adding it to a white list or disable antivirus while using it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
ancalimon: Today I added some downloads by clicking on the links on my library. Downloader icon next to clock appears, it starts to download but its window can not be opened. I tried rebooting, reinstalling the gog downloader but its window does not open but it downloads the games since they appear inside the folders.
The window does not pop up when you double click the icon?
Post edited January 07, 2014 by Fallen_Zen
This might be an issue on our CDN side. Would you mind to check if the download speed will continue the same in some time ?
hvlckvtnr: I've used the GOG Downloader for quite some time, but about a week or so (hard to tell, only recently wanted to download) it stopped working. In sys tray, the icon is a dark down arrow, and the right-click options are greyed-out Resume and Pause, and only one that works is Exit. Double-clicking on it does nothing. If I kill it and try to download something from gog.com, it launches again, but in same dark state. I've reinstalled it, and restarted machine, but still nothing. Help?
Please make sure nothing is blocking the Downloader from reaching our API. Probably antivirus or firewall is preventing our app from connecting to the Internet.
Jonesybunny: As of the latest stable Windows GOG Downloader release 3.6.0.0, the issue of the magnifying glass button going to My Documents instead of to the download folder still has not been fixed.

Search reveals last mention of this being worked on was on January 07, 2013.

Has there been any updates regarding this issue?
I would recommend just repointing the Downloader to your preferred folder. I had this issue pop up once and once I repointed the Downloader to my preferred folder this never happened again :)
BriteLeaf: I can't download any of my games because I get an error saying gogdownloader isn't associated with any programs. How can I fix this?
Try uninstalling and re-installing it :)