It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
erengele: I used to download my games thru the downloader perfectly with Win7 but now I can't download anything with Win8. I click the link and nothing happens.
Chrome? There were reports that said error had been fixed in newer Chrome versions. Do try with another browser to see if it does work.
Had downloaded many hours Magrunner (crappy ISP) and then near the end Checksum error at chunk 60.. Tried to close and resume but no hope as I have to re-download the whole 2.5gb again. Would be nice if the GOG Downloader could replace the corrupted chunk instead of restarting all over. Then I started to download Beyond Good & Evil and went to sleep while setting up my timer to shutdown my computer after a few hours when a download it supposed to be near complete or in good progress at least. Now I boot up and it seems the downloaded part and the game itself vanished from the Downloader. I've been able to download 1 game properly since it was implemented (always newest version installed). Now prepare to laugh.. few minute before this problem I bought The Witcher 2 (15gb). I'm gonna enjoy this!.. I really like GOG so I'm not here to bash anyone, but a way to replace the bad chunks in the future would be so much better than restarting all over again.

Edit: After re-adding Beyond Good & Evil on the download list of the Downloader it seem to be able to resume =)
Post edited June 19, 2014 by Artless7
Artless7: Tried to close and resume but no hope as I have to re-download the whole 2.5gb again. Would be nice if the GOG Downloader could replace the corrupted chunk instead of restarting all over.
Even though the downloader says "Downloading", it's actually hashing, then downloads only the corrupted chunks. Checking the speed will show you that it downloads way faster than it should, which is because it's not downloading.
Only case it redownloads is if either the installer has changed (so it will download the new one) or if you deleted the installer (removing the game does remove the files as well, as the prompt warns you).
Whenever I try to use the GOG downloader, it starts to download previous games which I have already installed on my HD. The only way I can prevent this is by not using the downloader. Funny isn't it most people have the problem of it not downloading anything - whereas my problem is the complete opposite. :-
JulianClayton: whereas my problem is the complete opposite. :-
Go to %localappdata%\GOG.com and delete everything. %localappdata% translates to the hidden folder c:\users\{username}\AppData\Local
Just started The Witcher 2 and I got a checksum error at chunk 34 so I don't have a choice but to find an alternative. Don't have much luck with huge files on internet browsers either, don't know if I'm the only one tough. Just had a file-check and recovery for bad sectors on my hdd. I don't have these problems if I download files usually so I'll try to find some alternative I guess.
Post edited June 19, 2014 by Artless7
I experienced something weird with the downloader.

I added a game to it and set the downloader to start with windows. I expected that the download continues when the GOG downloader starts with the windows, but instead, the downloader started and the game disappeared from the downloader.
Browser: Firefox & Chrome, latest versions of each.

Problem: Downloader takes forever (Read: 2+ minutes) to start and then does nothing if started manually. Refuses to open at all if I attempt to open it via clicking on a download link.

It works fine on my ancient laptop, but not on my much more powerful and modern desktop. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, played around with the Downloader files as advised in other posts, doesn't change anything.

It's not supposed to be this sluggish though right?
Pandalism: Refuses to open at all if I attempt to open it via clicking on a download link.
Paste the following in explorer's (aka My Computer) address bar
gogdownloader://beneath_a_steel_sky/installer_win_en
This should start BaSS download through the GOG Downloader. If it does, then for some reason the gogdownloader:// protocol isn't set correctly in your browsers. See here for how to properly set it.

There is also the chance that your antivirus/firewall is blocking and/or sandboxing the downloader, thus the slugginess. Temporarily disable your security suite and see if the downloader reacts faster, and if it does, see your security suite's documentation for how to whitelist an application.
Alright, so I asked that back in February and got no answer. Can someone please explain why I can't download anything from the GoG downloader using Firefox? All I get "page not found" with an address bar like this one:
gogdownloader://hitman/installer_win_en
This is when I try to download the original Hitman game. It works when I use Internet Explorer, and manual downloading from FireFox also works. So what is up with that?
Morty90: Can someone please explain why I can't download anything from the GoG downloader using Firefox? All I get "page not found" with an address bar like this one:
JMich: then for some reason the gogdownloader:// protocol isn't set correctly in your browsers. See here for how to properly set it.
Okay, that worked. Thanks.
hi i can't seem to get the downloader to work i installed it and follow the issuses of if i have a problems with but it keep stop working as soon as i open it
Tilrea: hi i can't seem to get the downloader to work i installed it and follow the issuses of if i have a problems with but it keep stop working as soon as i open it
Most likely a problem with .NET 3.5. Try the verification tool.
It is also possible that your antivirus is blocking the downloader for some reason, try temporarily disabling it and see if it works.
All downloads work fine except gogdownloader://baldurs_gate_the_original_saga/installer_win_en crashes that link crashes the application.