It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Clearsong: Trying to download a movie crashes the downloader. (Windows version 3.6.0.0)

And when I restart the downloader it pops up a window asking if I want to submit a crash report.

If I click yes... it says submitted, and closes the downloader, so I have to open it again.
This is probably caused by the API responses not having the necessary details in them.

API response doesn't have installer node which would give the id for video
However the API response does give info about a subtitle file that isn't shown on the account page (tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard_subtitles.zip)

DEBUG INFO (API::getResponseOAuth)
URL: https://api.gog.com/downloader2/game/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard/installer_win_en
DEBUG INFO (API::getResponse)
URL: https://api.gog.com/downloader2/game/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard/installer_win_en?oauth_consumer_key=...
* Found bundle for host api.gog.com: 0x7a9870
* Re-using existing connection! (#0) with host api.gog.com
* Connected to api.gog.com (212.91.20.78) port 443 (#0)
> GET /downloader2/game/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard/installer_win_en?oauth_consumer_key=... HTTP/1.1
Host: api.gog.com
Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
* Server nginx is not blacklisted
< Server: nginx
< Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:05:31 GMT
< Content-Type: text/html
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< Connection: keep-alive
< Vary: Accept-Encoding
< charset: utf-8
< X-H: N
<
* Connection #0 to host api.gog.com left intact
DEBUG INFO (API::getGameDetails)

{
"game" :
{
"en1patch1" :
{
"comment" : "",
"id" : "en1patch1",
"link" : "/_gog_tv_/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard/subtitles/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard_subti tles.zip",
"name" : "subtitles (English)",
"notificated" : "0",
"size" : "1",
"version_from" : "",
"version_to" : ""
},
"extras" : [],
"icon" : "/upload/images/2014/08/a5b7cd72830654518b36c7c175a458d29c60b4ac.jpg",
"title" : "TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard"
},
"result" : "ok",
"timestamp" : 1409162732
}
If you try to get the video link via API (get_installer_link) by using one of the proper id values taken from account page (for example "video_en1video1") you will get 404 error

URL: https://api.gog.com/downloader2/installer/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard/video_en1video1/
URL: https://api.gog.com/downloader2/installer/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard/video_en1video1/?oauth_consumer_key=...
* Found bundle for host api.gog.com: 0x7a9870
* Connected to api.gog.com (212.91.20.78) port 443 (#0)
> GET /downloader2/installer/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard/en1video1/?oauth_consumer_key=... HTTP/1.1

* The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
* Closing connection 0
Same if using "get_extra_link" in API

URL: https://api.gog.com/downloader2/extra/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard/video_en1video1/
URL: https://api.gog.com/downloader2/extra/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard/video_en1video1/?oauth_consumer_key=...
* Found bundle for host api.gog.com: 0x760870
* Connected to api.gog.com (212.91.20.79) port 443 (#0)
> GET /downloader2/extra/tpb_afk_the_pirate_bay_away_from_keyboard/video_en1video1/?oauth_consumer_key=... HTTP/1.1

* Closing connection 0
sabasebatyne: I'm having an issue with the downloader not launching, at least not launching properly. That is, the application is listed in the task manager, but never displays. I searched for a solution both on this forum and elsewhere, and after trying everything suggested, nothing has helped so far. For reference, I am using the latest stable release (3.6.0), on Windows 7 64-bit. I've tried restarting multiple times, re-downloading, un- and reinstalling, I tried the .NET verification tool, yada yada. So, any ideas?
Glad that, after one-hour of scouring, verifying and installing something named AdobeAir2, I have found someone with similar specs experiencing the same problem I've been trying to scuffle. Logo shows up in the system tray, but program window does not display and, when it is working, it reaally slows down my poor rig. Guess, I'll be downloading dem files manually from now on.
I've been having nothing but trouble with this downloader. The suggestion about pasting the address of the download into a windows explorer address bar worked for a while, but does no longer. I use firefox and chrome under windows 8.1 and have version 3.6 of the downloader installed in the default folder. I have followed all the suggestions given here. The .REG file had no discernible effect and "gogdownloader" is not listed under applications in firefox. I did the manual workaround suggested for chrome, found no line relating to the gogdownloader in the protocol_handler section of the Local State file, added gogdownloader: false as suggested, again to no effect.

In short, all of the workarounds and fixes provided proved completely useless.
When I try to download a game off of GOG, it says I need to update the downloader. I update it, then try to download the game. It says I need to update the downloader.
Is there a way to schedule downloads to start at say 23:00 and end no later than 05:00? I'm using the Mac version of the downloader.

Thanks
I'm having some problems with the downloader. Whenever I try to download a game from the site with downloader, I get a "GOG.com downloader has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..." dialogue (which looks like it's seriously trying to find a solution for about 5 seconds before disappearing).

I have version 3.6.0 "stable" version installed - it worked as recently as late last week. When I started getting errors, I uninstalled and reinstalled the downloader. No change. Same message.

Any ideas?
gog_the_witcher_2_assassins_of_kings_1.0.0.3.tar.gz is missing xml/crc data

* Found bundle for host api.gog.com: 0x13ffd50
* Connected to api.gog.com (212.91.20.79) port 443 (#0)
> GET /downloader2/installer/the_witcher_2/en3installer1/crc/?oauth_consumer_key=... HTTP/1.1

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
* Server nginx is not blacklisted
< Server: nginx
< Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 18:36:07 GMT
< Content-Type: text/html
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< Connection: keep-alive
< charset: utf-8
< X-H: N
<
* Connection #0 to host api.gog.com left intact
DEBUG INFO (API::getXML)

{
"file" :
{
"available" : 1,
"link" : "[url=http://wpc.11DF.edgecastcdn.net/0011DF/secure/witcher_2_ee/linux/gog_the_witcher_2_assassins_of_kings_1.0.0.3.tar.gz.xml?...&fileExtForIe=.exe",http://wpc.11DF.edgecastcdn.net/0011DF/secure/witcher_2_ee/linux/gog_the_witcher_2_assassins_of_kings_1.0.0.3.tar.gz.xml?...&fileExtForIe=.exe",[/b[/url]]
"message" : "",
"name" : "Linux Installer, English",
"type" : "installer"
},
"result" : "ok",
"timestamp" : 1409942167
}

URL: http://wpc.11DF.edgecastcdn.net/0011DF/secure/witcher_2_ee/linux/gog_the_witcher_2_assassins_of_kings_1.0.0.3.tar.gz.xml?...&amp;fileExtForIe=.exe
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
* Trying 93.184.221.131...
* Connected to wpc.11DF.edgecastcdn.net (93.184.221.131) port 80 (#1)
> GET /0011DF/secure/witcher_2_ee/linux/gog_the_witcher_2_assassins_of_kings_1.0.0.3.tar.gz.xml?...&fileExtForIe =.ex e HTTP/1.1
Host: wpc.11DF.edgecastcdn.net

* Closing connection 1
http://pastebin.com/EbtgbiiK

API tells that there's XML/crc data for the archive and gives link to gog_the_witcher_2_assassins_of_kings_1.0.0.3.tar.gz.xml but the file doesn't actually exist
Post edited September 05, 2014 by Sude
Ninjutsu: Is there a way to schedule downloads to start at say 23:00 and end no later than 05:00? I'm using the Mac version of the downloader.

Thanks
I'm not sure how to do it on a Mac, but on Windows here's how I do it.

- Add the game to the GOG Downloader and make sure it's not set to pause, then shut the program down.
- In "Scheduled Tasks" in the control panel, set it to run the Downloader at whatever time you want to start.
- Create a .bat file and inside the file type the command "tskill Downloader" without quotes. "Downloader" has to be whatever the process name is.
- In "Scheduled Tasks" in the control panel, set it to run the batch file at whatever time you want to kill the program.

I hope the new client gives the option to just schedule download times.
sabasebatyne: I'm having an issue with the downloader not launching, at least not launching properly. That is, the application is listed in the task manager, but never displays. I searched for a solution both on this forum and elsewhere, and after trying everything suggested, nothing has helped so far. For reference, I am using the latest stable release (3.6.0), on Windows 7 64-bit. I've tried restarting multiple times, re-downloading, un- and reinstalling, I tried the .NET verification tool, yada yada. So, any ideas?
MelkorMorgoth: Glad that, after one-hour of scouring, verifying and installing something named AdobeAir2, I have found someone with similar specs experiencing the same problem I've been trying to scuffle. Logo shows up in the system tray, but program window does not display and, when it is working, it reaally slows down my poor rig. Guess, I'll be downloading dem files manually from now on.
i have the same problem also
Stable ? I don't think so.

Clicked a game download link from my library. The downloader appeared. All good.

Clicked the bonus content link from my library expecting the item to add to the list. It did, then crashed (completely). Not good.

Clicked the game download link again. The downloader appeared and picked up where it left off, except there was only 1 item in the list. The dialog inviting me to send the log appeared. I added a comment, and hit send. It sent, then crashed (completely). Not good.

Click the game download link again (#3). The download appeared and DIDN'T pick up where it left off even though there was already an incomplete file in the target folder. Not good.

I didn't press my luck and attempt to add the bonus content to the list.

Stable ? No.

edit: using the current version ? yes.
Post edited September 12, 2014 by veeblefetzer
I'm not sure where I should leave feedback for the GOG downloader so I will leave it here.

The GOG downloader has a bug where everytime I log on my computer it starts downloading two games I already downloaded. In fact, I downloaded them twice! Since the GOG downloader doesn't have a tool to prioritize or remove qued downloads I had to download these two things (again) before I could download a patch for a game I wanted to play. The only solution I found for this problem was to install the GOG downloader and redownload it.
Post edited September 17, 2014 by Phinnway
"Wasteland 2" - "unable to fetch data" :/
Since last week , almost all games give me check sum error at chunk zero on the downloader. Tried reinstalling but still the same. If only it was more reliable.
I can't restart paused downloads. I tried to download Deponia 3 but it wasn't finished yesterday. So I paused it. Now it is stuck as 'paused' and there is no option to re-start it. The button 'Resume All' is greyed out as well, clicking 'Pause All' and then 'Resume All' doesn't change anything and re-sending the file to the downloader via the GOG website doesn't work either.
Lifthrasil: I can't restart paused downloads.
Go to %localappdata%\GOG.com and delete all .bin files. This should clear the downloader's queue. Then readd the game. It should check what parts have already been downloaded, and resume.