It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
I've used the GOG Downloader for quite some time, but about a week or so (hard to tell, only recently wanted to download) it stopped working. In sys tray, the icon is a dark down arrow, and the right-click options are greyed-out Resume and Pause, and only one that works is Exit. Double-clicking on it does nothing. If I kill it and try to download something from gog.com, it launches again, but in same dark state. I've reinstalled it, and restarted machine, but still nothing. Help?
hvlckvtnr: I've used the GOG Downloader for quite some time, but about a week or so (hard to tell, only recently wanted to download) it stopped working. In sys tray, the icon is a dark down arrow, and the right-click options are greyed-out Resume and Pause, and only one that works is Exit. Double-clicking on it does nothing. If I kill it and try to download something from gog.com, it launches again, but in same dark state. I've reinstalled it, and restarted machine, but still nothing. Help?
Please make sure nothing is blocking the Downloader from reaching our API. Probably antivirus or firewall is preventing our app from connecting to the Internet.
hvlckvtnr: I've used the GOG Downloader for quite some time, but about a week or so (hard to tell, only recently wanted to download) it stopped working. In sys tray, the icon is a dark down arrow, and the right-click options are greyed-out Resume and Pause, and only one that works is Exit. Double-clicking on it does nothing. If I kill it and try to download something from gog.com, it launches again, but in same dark state. I've reinstalled it, and restarted machine, but still nothing. Help?
Fallen_Zen: Please make sure nothing is blocking the Downloader from reaching our API. Probably antivirus or firewall is preventing our app from connecting to the Internet.
I've checked. Anti-virus is not doing anything, and in my firewall (Comodo) it is list as having all access allowed in/out tcp/udp for any ip, etc.

Does the downloader use any specific ports that I should check extra carefully? When looking at attempted connections in my firewall, I don't see GOG Downloader, and neither am I seeing it in as a blocked "intrusion"...
Is there some way I can completely uninstall GOG Downloader, including wiping out my account name, etc, in registry? Then I could attempt a clean install, maybe that would help.

EDIT: SOLVED: for posterity, problem went away when I started up Gog Downloader i) manually; ii) as Administrator. Otherwise it won't work. So I can't rely on browser bringing it up by itself, because it will bring it up without Administrator privileges.
Post edited February 16, 2014 by hvlckvtnr
Looks like the GoG Downloader is failing all checksum checks now.
A progress bar in a taskbar stays on even if I open the downloader which is confusing because I would expect the progress bar to disappear once it's known that the job is finished.

The other thing is that every time I minimize the downloader to a notification area it reminds me that I just did it. Now that I know could there be an option to disable that notification?
Post edited February 08, 2014 by Smolag
total fail for me
GOG.com Downloader has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience....please tell microsoft blah-blah-blah
Eventtype:clr20r3
P1: gog.com downloader.exe
P2: 3.6.0.0
P3: 526147f9
P4: system.configuration
P5: 2.0.0.0
P6: 51edf2f3
P7: 1a7
P8: 15a
P9: ioibmurhynrxkw0zxkyrvfn0boyyufow
(direct quote from pop-up)
thats all the info i can find as i've never gotten the app to run.

system: Windows XP Pro x64 bit, SP1
Athlon II x4 620 @2.6Ghz
4G ddr3 1333
Radeon HD5450 @1G

downloaded it several times with the same results. compatibility mode has no effect.
The downloader doesn't work for me under windows 8. It installs just fine, but trying to add any game to the client just results in nothing happening. I've tried running both the downloader and the installer as admin with no success.

I think the problem has to do with windows failing to associate the gogdownloader extension with the downloader. I have the same issue with .torrent files not being associated with my torrent client. I'm sure there's some way to edit the register to fix this issue?
Post edited February 14, 2014 by Onin
Just a question/comment. I love the downloader, it makes my life so much a lot easier. However after downloading a bunch of games, I clear out the que, this itself isn't an issue.

But what I would like to know is if there is a way, or if your planning on making it so the downloader is aware of the games you've previously downloaded. A perfect example of this is when I was thinking of playing Baldur's Gate again, but had forgotten I downloaded it awhile ago. I then proceeded to re download it all over again! :p Eating up some of my allotted bandwidth!

Is this possible/are you planning on making this happen? Also does the downloader show you when a game you've downloaded or bought becomes updated?

Thanks for the time and keep up the great work! GOG.com rules!!!!!!!
MailBoxAssassin: Just a question/comment. I love the downloader, it makes my life so much a lot easier. However after downloading a bunch of games, I clear out the que, this itself isn't an issue.

But what I would like to know is if there is a way, or if your planning on making it so the downloader is aware of the games you've previously downloaded. A perfect example of this is when I was thinking of playing Baldur's Gate again, but had forgotten I downloaded it awhile ago. I then proceeded to re download it all over again! :p Eating up some of my allotted bandwidth!

Is this possible/are you planning on making this happen? Also does the downloader show you when a game you've downloaded or bought becomes updated?

If I'm not terribly mistaken, keeping the downloaded files in the same location prevents the GOG Downloader from re-downloading them unless something has been updated.

And yes, it does inform you of updates - that is in the case they've been flagged so by GOG. Look in the top left corner of the GOG Downloader - if you have any updates (or even forum replies), you'd see a notification there.

The staff responsible for the GOG Downloader have said in the past that they've been very busy for the past few months, which likely indicates some serious changes/ improvements of the GOG Downloader or maybe even a completely new advanced app.

Hope this helps.
MailBoxAssassin: Just a question/comment. I love the downloader, it makes my life so much a lot easier. However after downloading a bunch of games, I clear out the que, this itself isn't an issue.

HypersomniacLive: If I'm not terribly mistaken, keeping the downloaded files in the same location prevents the GOG Downloader from re-downloading them unless something has been updated.

And yes, it does inform you of updates - that is in the case they've been flagged so by GOG. Look in the top left corner of the GOG Downloader - if you have any updates (or even forum replies), you'd see a notification there.

The staff responsible for the GOG Downloader have said in the past that they've been very busy for the past few months, which likely indicates some serious changes/ improvements of the GOG Downloader or maybe even a completely new advanced app.

Hope this helps.
It does help! Thank you! :)
Hi,

TL;DR version: If you are encountering frequent checksum errors using 36.0.0 GOG Downloader, try to set number of concurrent connections to 1 then restart GOG Downloader.

If it does not work for you, I don't really know what to suggest. This is actually my first go around with the GOG downloader, I haven't been much of a GOGer until now although my account is a couple of years old.

Detailed version:
I've been experiencing the checksum errors on the latest GOG Downloader (3.6.0.0 stable) for 2 days now on a variety of games (Forgotten Realms Demon Stone, Stonekeep, NWN 1 & 2, BG 1 & 2).

Some info: I'm on an HP Probook, Win7 Pro 32-bit, using an OCZ Vertex 60 GB SSD.

Things I've done that did not work: stopped and restarted GOG Downloader, rebooted, etc. I even made sure my connection was ok, was on wireless, then reverted to wired, then switched back to wireless when wired wasn't any better.

I also tried to up the number of concurrent connections from the default "6" to the maximum of "10". My bandwidth was at max already, so I felt no discernible improvement, and the checksum errors were not gone.

At that point, I dropped by here to look for info. Nothing was directly helpful when I tried searching for "checksum errors." The FAQ even states that my HDD or my RAM may be faulty if it keeps happening. That being not very helpful at all, I went to the forums, and specifically to this thread.

After reading some of the latest posts here, I thought maybe this latest version has a bug in the concurrent connections due to how the downloader team must be working on lots of new stuff right now. So I reduced the number of connections to 1, then restarted GOG.

Since then, I have not encountered the checksum errors, even on the games I've been trying to download for a day now that keep on encountering the checksum errors in hardly ten minutes.

I hope this helps out a few of you guys.

Regards.
Post edited February 15, 2014 by jvroig
Nothing happens when i try to add a game to my download queue. When I click the link my browser asks permission to open the link with an external application, the downloader window launches and just sits there blank. Have tried both chrome and firefox, disabled firewall, anti virus, and all that jazz. Nothing seems to work.

OS is Win 7 64 bit
Post edited February 15, 2014 by BubbaRay
BubbaRay: Nothing happens when i try to add a game to my download queue. When I click the link my browser asks permission to open the link with an external application, the downloader window launches and just sits there blank. Have tried both chrome and firefox, disabled firewall, anti virus, and all that jazz. Nothing seems to work.

OS is Win 7 64 bit
I have a similar problem.

In Chrome, with the Downloader Mode on, nothing at all happens when I click the links (even though I've had the external application pop-up). With Downloader Mode off, I get sent to a blank page and no download.

In IE, with Downloader Mode on, games get added to the Downloader, the progress bar fills instantly, Downloader claims that the download is complete, but the download folders are empty. With Downloader Mode off, I get an error page.

This is in Win8 64 bit, and the Downloader has full Firewall privileges.
Post edited February 15, 2014 by RLC71
How to clear the downloader's cache? Or something similar like that. Because the downloader is attempting to redownload Dungeon Keeper for the umpteenth time. Removing it from the list will remove the downloaded files as well. Not sure why this haven't been fixed yet.