It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
I have the problem which is that when using Chrome nothing happens when i try to download a game. it doesnt even prompt the use og the Downloader. I tried with IE 8 and nothings wrong there also tried with Firefox nothings wrong there either.

Ive tried all the Registereing steps i could find on the forums, ive tried Regediting it, uninstalling and reinstalling it to no effect at all.

and the odd thing is that it worked perfectly just a few weeks ago.
Felty: I have the problem which is that when using Chrome nothing happens when i try to download a game. it doesnt even prompt the use og the Downloader. I tried with IE 8 and nothings wrong there also tried with Firefox nothings wrong there either.

Ive tried all the Registereing steps i could find on the forums, ive tried Regediting it, uninstalling and reinstalling it to no effect at all.

It is a known bug with Chrome, I posted the same question above. Just have to live with it for now and use another browser to start the downloader.
Felty: I have the problem which is that when using Chrome nothing happens when i try to download a game. it doesnt even prompt the use og the Downloader. I tried with IE 8 and nothings wrong there also tried with Firefox nothings wrong there either.

sgoshe: It is a known bug with Chrome, I posted the same question above. Just have to live with it for now and use another browser to start the downloader.
I usually have the same problem with Chrome but tonight it worked after updating the downloader. I didn't realise at first as I had the it open in the background and nothing noticeable happened in Chrome nor did the downloader popup or anything. Just tested it now with the downloader closed and it worked ok as well and actually popped up when the downloader opened.

I'm having the same issue but thought I would provide some detail in case it is any help.

-It worked just fine for first two downloads via Chrome
-Has since stopped working, no error message just never launches downloader
-I used the reg edit suggested fix and when i went into the local settings for Chrome and was supposed to set gogdownloader to false gogdownloader wasnt even listed in the file i opened in notepad
-i uninstalled both chrome and gogDL, and went into directory and deleted all files, reinstalled chrome then gogDL but no change

Not sure why it worked the first couple of times but not after.

Anyway hope this helps. Hope its fixed soon. Everytime I open IE i die a little inside.

J
jedhed242: Everytime I open IE i die a little inside.
Talk to me. Try Opera 12.17. Chrome may be your browser of choice but the GOG downloader works flawlessly in Opera. At least you won't have to deal with that clunker IE.
Same problem here: not working with Chrome, working with IE.
I am also experiencing the issue where the downloader works IE, but not in chrome.
I've got a sort of workaround...

In your game library, right-click the download link then "Copy link address"
You should have something like gogdownloader://something/something

Then open an explorer window (with My Computer for example)
Paste the link in the address bar at the top, the one that normally holds the path to the current folder, and hit Enter.
If GOG Downloader is installed properly, explorer will launcher it and your download should start.

I've been using this for about a month now since Chrome has issues launching programs through url-wrappers.

nJoy!
sylvain-p: I've got a sort of workaround...

Paste the link in the address bar at the top, the one that normally holds the path to the current folder, and hit Enter.
If GOG Downloader is installed properly, explorer will launcher it and your download should start.

I've been using this for about a month now since Chrome has issues launching programs through url-wrappers.

nJoy!
That is a nifty trick and it works! Simple and avoids having to use different browser just to get it to open downloader. A big plus to you!
I run OS X 1.6.8 on my old Intel Imac 32-bit system, and it seems the downloader has no support on my computer, or at least that´s what it says when I try to run it from my desktop. I haven´t found any answer for this anywhere, so does anyone know what to do?
Sugfisk: I run OS X 1.6.8 on my old Intel Imac 32-bit system, and it seems the downloader has no support on my computer, or at least that´s what it says when I try to run it from my desktop. I haven´t found any answer for this anywhere, so does anyone know what to do?
Kind of asking a lot for it to work on a system that old. Honest opinion is all.

nJoy!
This needs to be stickied perfect quick fix for Chrome users or anyone else experiencing errors with their browsers would benefit greatly from this.
Took me hours but I finally came across this awesome post.
Shame I didn't come across it sooner. My work is on a base so mobile internet isn't cheap, and corrupted files means I had to download numerous parts twice,,, Ended up paying 4x the game's price to download it.

nJoy!
leroy_bishop: This needs to be stickied perfect quick fix for Chrome users or anyone else experiencing errors with their browsers would benefit greatly from this.
Took me hours but I finally came across this awesome post.
Shame I didn't come across it sooner. My work is on a base so mobile internet isn't cheap, and corrupted files means I had to download numerous parts twice,,, Ended up paying 4x the game's price to download it.
Agreed. Sticky this work around for Chrome users. Simple and works.
Is it possible to choose a download path for every download yet?

If I keep downloading everything to the one directory something terrible is going to happen. Like, my dog will get sick or my in-laws will visit levels of bad. I tried moving stuff manually after download, but I'm an idiot and didn't think doing this would break the magic smoke functionality that allows the download to compare gogs files to my local files cos it can't find them (I think?).

Don't suppose anyone knows how that comparison thingy works, or if there is a slightly more advanced third party app that will do the same thing, only allow me to use sub-directories?
A bit of functionality that I just realized I would absolutely love:

The ability to designate a target directory on a remote server instead of the local computer. I have plenty of space on my NAS, but not on my pc. After I download the installers, I upload them to my NAS and remove them from my pc to save space. It would be very nice if the Downloader could save the installers directly to the NAS and have it scanned for updates, then just download individual installers to my pc as I need them.

Same goes for the upcoming Galaxy client.