It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Poland and the Polish people. One of the very few who are currently "resisting" new "tendencies" and "trends", especially foreign ones and forced ones, upon them and theirs (and all of us as well, at the same time). Thank you for preserving hope, pioneering and exemplifying the care for home. We are with you.

In Visegrad we trust!
Post edited November 13, 2017 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
I think I found my Holiday Wallpaper.

I'll keep looking but this is going to be hard to top. :D
Attachments:
hwp.jpg (55 Kb)
tinyE: I think I found my Holiday Wallpaper.

Another one for you :)
Attachments:
tinyE: I think I found my Holiday Wallpaper.

Bodgeit: Another one for you :)
OH!!!!

Me like!
Bodgeit: Another one for you :)
tinyE: OH!!!!

Me like!
I knew you would, I use that one at Xmas, it's on my work computer as well :)
tinyE: OH!!!!

Me like!
Bodgeit: I knew you would, I use that one at Xmas, it's on my work computer as well :)
It's on now. I had to find a larger version of it, but that was easy. I ditched the other one.
Bodgeit: I knew you would, I use that one at Xmas, it's on my work computer as well :)
tinyE: It's on now. I had to find a larger version of it, but that was easy. I ditched the other one.
You're welcome, nothing like getting into the Xmas spirit early :), the original pic I have is over the 500kb limit here, I had to find a smaller one, at least you found a better sized image.
Easy 7-hour drive down to the Indianapolis area today. Good weather, light traffic, very little construction. Wish all my long drives were like this.

Wife sent me pics of the retaining wall project. They got the base and the first few courses down today. Looking good so far, and they haven't run into any big snags to this point. Not sure they'll get to all of the project yet this year but at least the wall and hillside will get finished before weather gets in the way of things.
Hearing that over 60% of Australians want same-sex marriage.

(Of course, the question is whether that will actually happen, as the survey is non-binding.)
dtgreene: Hearing that over 60% of Australians want same-sex marriage.

(Of course, the question is whether that will actually happen, as the survey is non-binding.)
Unfortunately,it will be passed before Christmas once the finer points are solved.Finer points? Oh,you only need half a brain to figure them out.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by Tauto
RPS disses my laptop.

I can add it's so hot I just blistered my leg playing an indie game, it roars like a motherfucker even when idle (I got told off by a professor in VT), and the keyboard sucks. But it's a nice reminder of how good I've had it last year.
I had a chance meeting with two very dear friends and former colleagues this evening while at a funeral. The last time we saw each other was on October 1, but I'd been missing them ever since. Getting to reconnect and joke around with them was incredibly heartwarming.
Holy crap, some of those comments. Yeah, it's a lot of money. It'll also be perfectly capable of playing brand new titles for the next five years. So that's $600 per year. Not exactly a budget killer if you use it for several years.

And geez, have these people never seen wheeled bags? Heavy laptop deserves a larger office-type case to travel in.
HereForTheBeer: Holy crap, some of those comments. Yeah, it's a lot of money. It'll also be perfectly capable of playing brand new titles for the next five years. So that's $600 per year. Not exactly a budget killer if you use it for several years.

And geez, have these people never seen wheeled bags? Heavy laptop deserves a larger office-type case to travel in.
I got it for free with my new job, er, business. I posted in this very thread about a year ago how I got mod rights in a certain community. One of the regular members was looking for a freelancer, I volunteered, and she recommended me to an investor/business partner who gave me office space in a stupendously prestigious place, money, and this sweet laptop -- all for pretending to be a mathematician and writing an sql query every once in a while.

It *is* kind of a PITA to carry, and I can't use a wheeled bag (tiles, cracks / potholes, chance of getting it kicked, a possible subway surcharge). I'd have bought a backpack but I need see in person if the material is actually waterproof as advertized before buying, so for now I'm using a Bontrager messenger bag.
Found out I got my yearly raise, which is awesome. I was concerned about getting less of a raise compared to last year, but money wise it was the same.

Unfortunately, my company is struggling for extra cash these days, because the suits in the office spaces want to make the investors happy (Sound familiar?) so I wasn't even sure I was getting a raise this year.

All in all, it's the small things to be grateful for. I'm glad I'm in a position where I can even buy games, spending time around here over the years I've come to realize for many people out there that games truly are a luxury.

What is a cheap hobby for me could cost a month's wages in other countries, so I'm happy that I don't have to live in that type of environment where I have to choose between being happy and eating.

Love y'all. Have a great day/night.