It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: One thought that makes me happy:

Thinking that Tauto and Kleetus should get engaged (to each other) sometime soon.

(Unfortunately, their wedding would be too far for me to travel, as I live on the wrong continent and refuse to fly.)
I think we all know which way dtgreene swings.

And that makes me really happy. Many people don't even know which planet they're on.
To put things back on the rails...

The retaining wall project is coming along well. Considering all that's being done, they haven't encountered any hiccups. The big wall is mostly done, concrete will be poured hopefully Tuesday - weather willing - for the mulch bins and garden shed down at the lower end of the property, and they were able to sneak in yesterday another small bit of wall next to the garage that was going to have to be done before we get new asphalt next spring. Nothing is finished yet since temps have been hovering around freezing and the adhesives like things a bit warmer, but we're looking at a warmup Monday that should allow them to finish the two walls.

It's nice to work with professionals. Been trying not to be the irritating homeowner: avoiding really stupid questions and staying away from making large last minute changes. They've been great about offering alternatives - often cheaper - and going as layman or as technical as I want when asking questions.

With any luck finances will work out (pay up, deadbeat customers!) and we'll get the asphalt done next spring as hoped-for, and also get the second phase of the retaining walls dealt with next year. After that, gonna try for solar and wind power installations in 2019.
My Steam Link arrived (from that ICEY+SteamLink deal a while ago). Last pick-up day was yesterday, but I was lucky and it hadn't been shipped back yet.

... now to wait for a nice deal on a Steam Controller.
Post edited November 18, 2017 by Maighstir
Began my Saturday with watching some episodes of Seinfeld while eating some leftover pie, can say it really made my day great.
Erikspilivink: Began my Saturday with watching some episodes of Seinfeld while eating some leftover pie, can say it really made my day great.
You still owe me for that fumigation! I know damn well those were your Chunky wrappers!
deleted
Post edited November 18, 2017 by Fairfox
Also happy that 1 + 1 = 3, and that I can prove it!

(Disclaimer: Said proof involves dividing by zero.)
low rated
I have two testicles, some people only have one, a unitesticle.

That makes me happy, extremely happy.
Post edited November 18, 2017 by Kleetus
Just something i feel the need to mention:

I do not accept friend requests from bigots. If you don't believe that other people deserve equal rights, I am not interested in being your friend. Sorry!
low rated
dtgreene: I do not accept friend requests from bigots.
Who is trying to befriend you, Deatrice?
Fairfox: [url=][/url]
I'm paintin' tonite! It will look AMAZE. Red wine might be involved...
Any chance we'll get to see the result?
dtgreene: I do not accept friend requests from bigots.
Kleetus: Who is trying to befriend you, Deatrice?
Please don't feed the birds, thank you(tm). Anyone trying to divide by zero have completely lost touch with reality. :-D

Btw: She attacked you first because [he/she/it] can't differentiate between a fact and an opinion, and [he/she/it] couldn't handle your opinion. I'm just happy that some people can recognize and accept other peoples opinion.

Disclaimer: This does not mean that I support his opinion, however, I recognise AND accept that he has another opinion than mine. Just to clear out the air in case it was unclear.

It's a beautiful day here in Norway, few and far between the clouds, thankfully... ;-)
sanscript: ...
Rainy and cloudy in Poland, but, hey, it's great weather to drink coffee, play boardgames with kids or just read a book!
Attachments:
sanscript: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: Rainy and cloudy in Poland, but, hey, it's great weather to drink coffee, play boardgames with kids or just read a book!
Regarding the quote in your image (by the way, doing that renders your point inaccessible to some people, like using screen readers), there is one problem:

sanscript's post was not respectful. In particular, it (the post) did not respect my pronouns (which I included in my forum title), and accused me of not being able to differentiate between a fact and an opinion.

Also, I would argue that certain opinions are inherently disrespectful; in particular, racist, sexist, homophobic, and transphobic "opinions" are inherently disrespectful, and anyone saying such things therefore is disrespectful toward the minorities in question.
deleted