It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

power?
electricity?

what is this magic that you speak of!?
I was really depressed and down today because my ex has stopped me letting me see my children, for no reason other than spite after I couldn't see them 2 weeks ago. I was their primary carer, looking after them when she was at work up until our break up 6 months ago. Sundays are my day with them so I was extra down today.

Playing Mafia and now drinking beer made the world feel like a better place. Watching Fury-Wilder and watching Arsenal-Spurs was nice too. Although I realise my alcoholism is probably getting worse because of this but I just love drinking.

Post edited December 04, 2018 by Fairfox
I almost forgot!

Well I guess I did forget, I'm a day late. :P

HAPPY HANUKKAH!
HereForTheBeer: Still snowing, and it's really beautiful out there. Not particularly cold, either.
Looks like a great place you've got. What's your heating system?
HereForTheBeer: Still snowing, and it's really beautiful out there. Not particularly cold, either.
chevkoch: Looks like a great place you've got. What's your heating system?
LP gas heating water for a baseboard hydronic system in the house. Similar in the shop, except that the hot water flows to some radiator units and fans blow the heat into the rooms.

I'd like to look at solar hot water for the shop heating duties but it's getting tough to find contractors that will work with those systems since PV is becoming cheaper and cheaper.
An insignificant little thing but still - it turned out that installing and running Motorhead on a 64 bit Windows 10 was much easier than I expected. Other than some occasional sound issues the game runs perfectly fine.
tinyE: I almost forgot!

Well I guess I did forget, I'm a day late. :P

HAPPY HANUKKAH!
Don't worry, it's always a good moment to commemorate the rededication of the Second Temple in Jerusalem at the time of the Maccabean Revolt against the Seleucid Empire. I'm happy that it still makes you happy
HAPPY KWANZAA!
Post edited December 04, 2018 by tinyE
I was thinking about narwhals.
chevkoch: Looks like a great place you've got. What's your heating system?
HereForTheBeer: LP gas heating water for a baseboard hydronic system in the house. Similar in the shop, except that the hot water flows to some radiator units and fans blow the heat into the rooms.

I'd like to look at solar hot water for the shop heating duties but it's getting tough to find contractors that will work with those systems since PV is becoming cheaper and cheaper.
That sounds practical (although looking at the picture you posted I was instantly thinking wood stove, haha; just a romantic association I guess). I believe solar water heating has been going out of style for a longer while now, but I can see that making use of your existing radiator system would be something to consider in your case.
I feel cyber-secure.
HereForTheBeer: LP gas heating water for a baseboard hydronic system in the house. Similar in the shop, except that the hot water flows to some radiator units and fans blow the heat into the rooms.

chevkoch: That sounds practical (although looking at the picture you posted I was instantly thinking wood stove, haha; just a romantic association I guess). I believe solar water heating has been going out of style for a longer while now, but I can see that making use of your existing radiator system would be something to consider in your case.
As it happens, it WAS wood heat before we got here. : ) Really big (750 gallon / ~2,800 litre) outdoor boiler that heated both the house and shop. But he was filling the thing up top to bottom three times daily in the coldest weather. That wasn't going to work with my traveling job, leaving the wife at home to do that. We yanked it in the process of replacing a failing retaining wall, and added the solar PV nearby the following year.

Our challenge is in siting the collectors, given the terrain and trees around the place. Given that, I think our next step is to go nuts on weatherization of both buildings. Reduce the demand, first.

-----

For the happy stuff, my back problem seems to be muscle spasms, and it also seems to be getting a bit better.
Long weekend!
ST. LOUIS IS GETTING AN XFL TEAM!!!

CRAP AT IT'S FINEST, AND IN MY HOME TOWN!!!