It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: It's not a glitch, but rather a quirk of the way level up works, and the result of a couple hours of work.
Deadmarye: Ah, I suspected it was more akin to numbers manipulation, a rather common occurence in RPG =)
I'm not familiar with early DraQue iterations (well, unless we count the 3DS remakes) but It's always interesting to me to see people manage that kind of feat. Oh, and to learn that mechanisms works in a different way in some versions.

EDIT : And I just about love to farm Stats Seeds. My 330hours DraQue XI save have about 150 hours just to max stats.
Seed farming is faster in the remakes of Dragon Quest 3 than in any other Dragon Quest games, mainly due to thieves. Such a strategy is practical in Dragon Quest 6 and 7 (master Thief on 4 characters, then make them thieves and fight the enemies that drop the seeds), but is generally not practical in the rest of the series (though in DQ8 you could try using Stainless Steel Sickle on the bonus dungeon's boss to get a skill seed, then deathwarp if you can't (or don't want to) win the battle). In other DQ games, it's too slow, and in DQ1 and DQ2, isn't possible (no enemies drop them in either game, and the original versions don't even have seeds in the first place!). (I haven't played DQ11, so I don't know how seed farming is there.)

By the way, seed farming is possible in a few other games, including a couple of the Final Fantasy games (7 and 8) and in Chrono Trigger (though only for 3 stats). It's also possible in some Wizardry games (5, 6, and 7), though with stats not growing as high (in absolute numbers), I don't think it's as fun. I think I might have read about one of the later Disgaea games having an item that functions like a stat seed.

Also, apparently in Japan there is a 3DS remake of Dragon Quest 3. It's not the best version (apparently is a port of the phone version, so it's missing a few things, like the Pachisi minigame and enemy attack animations), but seed farming and HP/MP gains work just like in the SFC version (the GBC tweaks and additions are not present).

For something completely different (but still DQ related), I am having some fun watching runs of the Dragon Warrior Randomizer (which can be rediculous with things like HURTMORE (Firebane/Sizzle in later translations, but it's actually the most powerful attack spell in that game) being used by normally weak enemies and sometimes even the player at low levels, or the player not having any healing capability until higher levels; it's all random.
low rated

Post edited December 04, 2018 by Fairfox
Mundine, got knocked out in the first round.Now that is something that made me laugh.
Woke up, checked the phone it said 5:59 (a.m.).
"Alright, when's the world ending?" XD

I'd usually be asleep for at least 3 more hours + it's the weekend.
Post edited December 01, 2018 by Wolfy777
Had a chipotle breakfast burrito, took the dog for a walk, and now I'm pouring my first jack and coke... all before noon.

I don't know how the day's gonna end, but it started pretty damn well.
Emob78: Had a chipotle breakfast burrito, took the dog for a walk, and now I'm pouring my first jack and coke... all before noon.

never had chipotle. I love Moe's® Southwestern Grill® though. Also I haven't had a drink in a week. probably the longest I've went in a while.
Got the tickets for Riverside concert next year, can't wait for March. :)
I enrolled in a new MOOC just for the pleasure of learning.
low rated

swsoboleski89: Also I haven't had a drink in a week.
Fairfox: o_O wait wut

YOU.

CAPPIN'.

MONSTER!
I'm one of those people who when they say in a drunken stupor "I can quit anytime!!!", It's actually true.
low rated

swsoboleski89: I'm one of those people who when they say in a drunken stupor "I can quit anytime!!!", It's actually true.
Fairfox: im quite jealous
i think

but gud for you :)
well its not like i'd chug a pint of whiskey when I wake up. I drink heavy but not THAT heavy.
Fairfox: im quite jealous
i think

but gud for you :)
swsoboleski89: well its not like i'd chug a pint of whiskey when I wake up.
I used to. :P

God I miss those days.
Post edited December 01, 2018 by tinyE
Emob78: Had a chipotle breakfast burrito, took the dog for a walk, and now I'm pouring my first jack and coke... all before noon.

swsoboleski89: never had chipotle. I love Moe's® Southwestern Grill® though. Also I haven't had a drink in a week. probably the longest I've went in a while.
It was from Braum's, a southern dairy/fast food outlet. Good ice cream, great breakfasts, so so burgers.

As for the drinks, it's still early on Saturday. Plenty of time for you to break that dry spell. XD
swsoboleski89: never had chipotle. I love Moe's® Southwestern Grill® though. Also I haven't had a drink in a week. probably the longest I've went in a while.
Emob78: It was from Braum's, a southern dairy/fast food outlet. Good ice cream, great breakfasts, so so burgers.

As for the drinks, it's still early on Saturday. Plenty of time for you to break that dry spell. XD
I might go out and get toasted. I'm not sure though. tbh I'm more hungry than anything right now.