It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

At some point between StarCraft 1 and 2, the Battlecruiser captains went from being Sean Connery to the Gorton's Fisherman.
Attachments:
captain.jpg (40 Kb)
tinyE: I am LOVING StarCraft 2. It improves on the original in almost every way.

I just wish Blizzard weren't such assholes. Given what they make you go through just to play the damn thing, if the game isn't amazing, it's not worth it.
100% agreed.

Also, Anno 1701 (A.D.). Just reached over 15,000 Aristocrats in continuous game mode. Now back to the "Sunken Dragon" campaign. ;)
Cook, Serve, Delicious!

It's quick, funny, simple. Excellent when you don't have much time to play.
Elminage Gothic.
My average level 16 adventurers, explored the church's under dungeon and finally meet the boss of the dungeon.
He was too strong, The 3 adventurers in the front position were killed just 1 turn, and he regenerated by 100HP. In the next turn, the party was annihilated of course.
I could not find how beat this too strong boss.
Anyways, In the 2nd try, my samurai had a spear which had been enhanced by alchemy to instant kill by 7%. And his behead attack succeeded.The strong boss killed without any damage to the party. :D

This game is a lot of fun.
yoshino: Elminage Gothic.
My average level 16 adventurers, explored the church's under dungeon and finally meet the boss of the dungeon.
He was too strong, The 3 adventurers in the front position were killed just 1 turn, and he regenerated by 100HP. In the next turn, the party was annihilated of course.
I could not find how beat this too strong boss.
Anyways, In the 2nd try, my samurai had a spear which had been enhanced by alchemy to instant kill by 7%. And his behead attack succeeded.The strong boss killed without any damage to the party. :D

This game is a lot of fun.
You're also at the point where you can power level rather easily. Hint: There's a certain enemy in the lower levels of the dungeon that can call for help, but is otherwise not that dangerous and can't wake up. Also, characters who run from battle don't get a share of the experience, allowing you to give all the XP from said fight to one character if you so desire.

Also, it is not safe to assume that bosses are immune to status effects, as you found out.

The in-game bestiary definitely comes in handy. If there's an enemy that is a pain to kill or is quite dangerous, check its bestiary entry; that might give you insight as to that particular enemy's weakness. Even the most dangerous randomly encountered enemy has its status vulnerabilities (though that's not really the issue with that particular enemy, anyway).

Anyway, in Mega Man: The Wily Wars, I beat Mega Man 1; now on to Mega Man 2. I believe the final boss of MM1 takes more damage from the weapon I was using than in the original; sort of makes up for Cut Man not being feasibly killable first.
I'm playing Shining in the Darkness right now and I'm going full old school with graph paper and mechanical pencil.
Vaporum.
I love this game.
I sure am happy it is weekend. I was playing Age of Empires 3 yesterday, only to realize at some point that it was already 3:15AM. Yeah I had to put the game down, got up at around 10:15AM today. I guess I am enjoying the game then.

I take back what I claimed earlier that gun towers (outposts) aren't very useful in the game. At least in the second campaign where you finally get to upgrade them to the highest level (fortified outpost), then they finally start doing serious damage to enemies. Also, the fort that you can get from your home city with the cards is just as formidable as in AoE2, and it can really make or break the mission where you build it.

I still feel ranged siege weapons (cannons) are way overpowered in AoE3, but at least I now have anti-artillery artillery myself which destroys enemy artillery very fast, as long as you micromanage them by targetting the enemy cannons manually. Also the upgraded fortress has so long range that usually the enemy cannons come to its range, so you just have to again manually target the enemy cannons for the fortress, and it will take them down.

Also, earlier finding enough gold from mines was sometimes an issue, but now that you get to the fourth age, you get the gold "farms" which will give you unlimited gold. So at this point the only resource you could run out of is wood, and even that you can get some from your home city with shipments. The food and gold supplies are endless in the fourth age, so you can keep building e.g. musketeers endlessly (as training them doesn't require any wood, only food and gold).

I'd say the first campaign was a bit frustrating because enemy often had lots of powerful cannons but you didn't, and you didn't have good anti-artillery weapons either, besides cavalry. The second campaign is more manageable. So far I'd say the second (iroquois?) campaign is easier than the first campaign.
Post edited February 03, 2018 by timppu
I think I'm about to finish SteamWorld Heist. Finally
wolfsite: I'm playing Shining in the Darkness right now and I'm going full old school with graph paper and mechanical pencil.
Is that game worth checking out?
wolfsite: I'm playing Shining in the Darkness right now and I'm going full old school with graph paper and mechanical pencil.
dtgreene: Is that game worth checking out?
Well it's a Sega Genesis game. It is a dungeon crawler similar to Wizardry but your party is pre-made (Warrior/Cleric/Wizard). I am enjoying it so far though and the shops have a deal mechanic where they will randomly have special gear available and even offer you unique items when you are leaving the shop.
TheyLive1984: Maybe this will help you, I did not try it myself though...
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/16544224694
tinyE: Thanks but I actually just had a few minor performance questions. I'd like to forgo my old overused scratched to hell CDs and just grab it there, but I want to know some stuff first.
IM'ing you.
Traded in my 4 years old model for a brand new PS4 Pro limited edition Monster Hunter World.

Knowing the really special kind of games they are, having but never got interested in Freedom unite PSP and Tri Wii despite trying,i had loads of "prejudice" against this one, almost traded it for Assasin creed origin at the store right on; i can say i did good to give it a chance.

With World, Monster hunter really has opened up to the common audience like me. A damn big hit, tons more interesting than Breath of the wild because some NARRATION and STRUCTURE, lush places brimming with life, personally a contendent for best GotY 2018 already.
Fallout: New Vegas

I hated this one when I played it after it first came out. Looking back on that, it was entirely due to my nostalgia for Fallout 3 and my inexperience with the style of role-playing New Vegas was going for. But after trying it again with the experience of the original games, I feel sorely mistaken in my initial hatred. I honestly consider this my favorite Fallout. The story is interesting, the world is more interesting, and the role-playing was much better.
Post edited February 06, 2018 by ljyoun
Giana Sisters - Rise of the Owlverlords

I had nearly all the diamonds in the sixth level (on hard difficulty) and then Giana was stuck in a wall. And of course there is no option to return to the last checkpoint. Instead I have to replay the whole level. I really hate it when stuff like this happens.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by PaterAlf