It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kotor II because of the new updates
and colin mcrae rally 2005
Dungeon Siege II.

Never gets old for me.
Lords of Xulima, as some forum talk made me play it again, so farming cereals again now... :))
popperik: Dungeon Siege II.

Never gets old for me.
Great one, I hope to see it one day on GOG with expansion (Broken World). I have bugfix made for that game, which fixes couple bugs (badly spawn item, bugged affix and bugged skeleton archer, who had way too high level due to bug) I don't know how to properly fix missing lore books in Broken World (relevant files look alright) and uncompletable bestiary (i had some ideas on that, but it might slightly alter game balance). I don't like fanmade patches either as they add to much of their own things, which didn't belong to the game (and they didn't fix Lore and Bestiary bugs either).
Metro 2033 Redux. Hoo, boy! Loving it despite of some performance quirks that seem to be very common in the Redux edition for some reason, but they're not supposed to exist in its sequel. *shrug* I found out rebooting before playing keeps the game from giving me the odd stutter. Played for five hours yesterday without a single issue. :)

Anyway, I very much enjoy skulking around, picking off human enemies one by one, playing hide and seeks with monsters, and exploring a dilapidated Moscow. While I like the whole idea of bullets as money, I thought it was going to work a bit differently as I remember reading along the lines of "you can buy stuff with it and/or shoot things with it" making it a juggling act. In reality, it might as well be paper money. Was that in the original and got changed for Redux or am I having the wrong impression here?

Also, the voice acting for the kids - well, the only two voice actors they used for all of them basically - is a bit off. Especially with the boy it comes across as quite (and probably unintentionally) creepy sounding. It's obvious that an adult is trying to sound like a kid, and it really doesn't seem to work. Kind of funny though.

So, yeah, looking forward to more. I'm also happy to say that it plays loverly on high settings and in my native 1080p. :)
mistermumbles: While I like the whole idea of bullets as money, I thought it was going to work a bit differently as I remember reading along the lines of "you can buy stuff with it and/or shoot things with it" making it a juggling act. In reality, it might as well be paper money. Was that in the original and got changed for Redux or am I having the wrong impression here?
Kind of, not sure if it's something more needed in higher difficulties but it wasn't really necessary in the normal.
The better ammo can be used as currency or in the weapons (does more damage) but i never felt the need to use those bullets, only in the end because i had too many and nothing else to buy.
Also, the voice acting for the kids - well, the only two voice actors they used for all of them basically - is a bit off. Especially with the boy it comes across as quite (and probably unintentionally) creepy sounding. It's obvious that an adult is trying to sound like a kid, and it really doesn't seem to work. Kind of funny though.
Yeah, me and a friend laughed hard with the voices of the kids, they changed it from the original (it was way much better). Perhaps they couldn't use the same voices due to contracts but i don't know why they didn't find better actors...
BEEP, a strange sidescroller from Steam. I've never played anything like it, and (from what I've seen so far) it's one of the most unfairly overlooked indie gems of that last few years.
Chaser. I go from loving it to despising it. It's great as a FPS but some other sections, such as an underwater level, are just plain tedious.

The characters and voice acting in particular are terrible....and I mean really, really terrible which definitely falls in to the category of "so bad, it great".

Graphics are pretty bland but that's low on my radar of priorities when considering a purchase. Worth a shot if you don't take FPS' remotely seriously. Oh...and it has a quick save which is essential.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by pigdog
Alien Breed

First of all i have to thank trentonlf who gifted me this game a while ago.

It's a great old school top down shooter and i'm having a blast playing it. My reflexes aren't as good as they used to be so it's quite challenging for me but i want to finish it. Gotta blast those alien bastards! :D

Ultima Underworld

I started playing it for the first time yesterday, never played it back in the day.

It's well made but the controls and interface are pretty cumbersome and hard to get used to. Nevertheless i enjoy playing it but i don't know if i have the patience to play through it. I'll have to watch a lot of let's play videos for this one.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by Impaler26
Xenonauts!

I traded for this during summer sale with a very generous person and have yet to dip into any of the games I actually purchased then LOL (wait that's a lie - I did put some time in to Alcatraz during the sale). So needless to say this one has really sucked me in.

It's fantastic and feels like a near carbon copy of XCom, even down to little details like the eerie music. I have a stable of high ranking little soldiers and I rotate in new recruits constantly. Now I'm working on manufacturing equipment for my "outlier" bases - I hope to both shore up their defenses in case of attack while also turning one into a secondary base from which I can launch incurions against downed UFOs. Just typing that up makes me giddy, even after almost two months of the game!
Well, I moved straight onto Metro Last Light after beating 2033... and I just finished the former now, too. Loved it. Particularly the lighting. :) Also may suffer from stuttering without a reboot - apparently it's an odd Physx issue in the Redux editions. That said I quite enjoyed the story, atmosphere, and world of this post-apocalyptic Moscow. I may in fact try to acquire an English copy of the book, of which funnily enough my library only has the original Russian editions. Looks like I can dust off my Kindle a little, since that's the easiest and cheapest way to do so.

Anyway, not sure what I'll play next. I may tinker with Cities in Motion a bit or keep the "we're all doomed" vibe going with the first Stalker.
Syberia 2

Loving it thus far from a gameplay/setting perspective. The story though has yet to really pick up.

In the first one I suspect that there was a lot lost in translation. Like the conversations with Dan in which he was reacting emotionally like someone already halfway though an argument. The tone did not match the context of the conversations essentially.
Post edited July 27, 2015 by ScotchMonkey
Been a while since I actually finished a game but I managed to complete UnEpic and Trine 1 the last week.

If the Linux version of Victor Vran doesn't come out soon I'm going to start Lords of Xulima which I picked during the last promo.
LJChronx: Just picked up Half Life 2 for $2 in the GMG sale. Havent played the game since it originally came out. Funny thing is I never quite beat it, not sure why. But now I got a second chance. Good times so far!
I still have my retail copy that came on 6 CD's.
I'm playing The Wolf Among Us. It's my first Telltale-adventure, though I own some more in my library, just never had the time to check them out.
Graphics and settings are pretty cool, though it feels much more like an interactive book or something, not really like a game. But it's enjoyable, nevertheless. Great voice-acting, too. And it feels like my choices really have consequences, but that can only be told on a second try (with different choices then).

The other current game is The Witcher 3 (of course), but I'm waiting for the patch that patches the 1.07 bugs ;-)
LJChronx: Just picked up Half Life 2 for $2 in the GMG sale. Havent played the game since it originally came out. Funny thing is I never quite beat it, not sure why. But now I got a second chance. Good times so far!
ScotchMonkey: I still have my retail copy that came on 6 CD's.
Had that one once upon a time. Don't have any of my old PC discs anymore. Too many moves and each time I had to give up more stuff. Atleast I got it again for only $2. 3/4 of the way through and will definately give it another go on the hardest difficulty.