It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TanguyLOZ: His brain must have melted due to alcohol.
Or he really doesn't care of his daughter.

Yeah the plot doesn't make a lot of sense...
I never liked the old man, just sitting there on the throne :)
Making the poor avatar travel kicking dragon butt and solving all the plot himself.
Lord British looks quite healthy too, why doesn't he ever join the party?
Scared he'd miss a meal...
Risen. I'm playing it on high/max settings and the world/environment is absolutely gorgeous, the lighting is especially well done.
Animal Crossing and the Smash Bros Demo on 3DS...
7.62 High Calibre with Blue Sun Mod and Silvergirl's Armory. (Although I can pretty much do without the Armory)
DieRuhe: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, plus the DLC. Couldn't pass up the sale at that other place.
I loved that game, too bad the studio closed down shortly after releasing Reckoning. I wasn't really interested in the MMO they were working on but I'd have liked to see them make more games like this one. I especially liked the Dead Kel DLC, it was a lot of fun.

xy2345: Ravenloft - Strahd's Possession
Normally I don't like first-person games or D&D games - this game is an anomaly because I really enjoyed it anyway. I'm sure a good part of that is just because I love the Ravenloft setting, but its a good game aside from that.
tron evolution, then maybe alan wake and ghostbusters.
Right now I'm switching between X-COM: Enemy Unknown and Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Amnesia and Outlast. It's funny, I've probably watched half a dozen LPs of those games, but now that I'm playing them myself, they're still just as tense to play.

Not really sure which is a more creepy stalker villain, jawface mcscary monster from Amnesia or Chris Walker from Outlast.
Minimum and Murdered. Both are interesting concepts but I feel they are lacking a bit in execution.
Bakuryuha: Right now I'm switching between X-COM: Enemy Unknown and Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Emob78: Amnesia and Outlast. It's funny, I've probably watched half a dozen LPs of those games, but now that I'm playing them myself, they're still just as tense to play.
I just solved Amnesia and I just picked up Outlast (sale, yay!). I'm not a big horror genre fan (I've only recently played games that could be classified as "horror") but man was Amnesia excellent on so many levels and boy am I excited to fire up Outlast.
Emob78: Amnesia and Outlast. It's funny, I've probably watched half a dozen LPs of those games, but now that I'm playing them myself, they're still just as tense to play.
Ixamyakxim: I just solved Amnesia and I just picked up Outlast (sale, yay!). I'm not a big horror genre fan (I've only recently played games that could be classified as "horror") but man was Amnesia excellent on so many levels and boy am I excited to fire up Outlast.
Out of curiosity have you played the Penumbra games? To me they're (or at least the first one is) just a tad better than Amnesia (just because the narrative is better and how it plays into the atmosphere) though they're a bit more rough around the edges.
NoNewTaleToTell: Out of curiosity have you played the Penumbra games? To me they're (or at least the first one is) just a tad better than Amnesia (just because the narrative is better and how it plays into the atmosphere) though they're a bit more rough around the edges.
I have not - I've only just gotten into this genre (exploration / puzzle / horror I suppose?). I'll have to check it out; I like the sound of a slightly stronger narrative. I liked the piecemeal delivery of Amnesia (sort of like System Shock 2 but pared down further - in Amnesia there both is and isn't really an overall story it's more snippets and flashbacks that paint a picture) but I think I might like trying something that packs a bit more "ooomph." Oddly enough a similar game I played recently also did the same thing (more scene setting and picture painting than overarching storyline). That was Miasmata. I knew what I needed to know and the environment filled in some gaps but I was left largely to my own devices.
dirt 1 and sf alpha 2
NoNewTaleToTell: Out of curiosity have you played the Penumbra games? To me they're (or at least the first one is) just a tad better than Amnesia (just because the narrative is better and how it plays into the atmosphere) though they're a bit more rough around the edges.
Ixamyakxim: I have not - I've only just gotten into this genre (exploration / puzzle / horror I suppose?). I'll have to check it out; I like the sound of a slightly stronger narrative. I liked the piecemeal delivery of Amnesia (sort of like System Shock 2 but pared down further - in Amnesia there both is and isn't really an overall story it's more snippets and flashbacks that paint a picture) but I think I might like trying something that packs a bit more "ooomph." Oddly enough a similar game I played recently also did the same thing (more scene setting and picture painting than overarching storyline). That was Miasmata. I knew what I needed to know and the environment filled in some gaps but I was left largely to my own devices.
Well, in my opinion Penumbra's overall narrative and atmosphere is stronger, especially in the end-game. To me, Amnesia got a bit goofy right at the very end, while Penumbra's end game area is...well... let's just say it packs a punch haha. Still, the narrative is used sort of the same way in both (the first) Penumbra and Amnesia (you'll find a vague note about something/somebody/etc and then find it later in the game, and a lot of symbolism and things left to the imagination etc etc) rather than any heavy//forced on you story. I just feel like Penumbra (the first one) is better written. For the "major difference" between the two (series), Penumbra is more depressingly nihilistic and covers a lot of philosophical ground whereas Amnesia is lot more straight forward and traditional horror oriented.

Both are great game(s) and deserve all the acclaim they get.
xy2345: Ravenloft - Strahd's Possession
Nobake: Normally I don't like first-person games or D&D games - this game is an anomaly because I really enjoyed it anyway. I'm sure a good part of that is just because I love the Ravenloft setting, but its a good game aside from that.
I really like the idea of having two generic AD&D heroes thrown into the dark Ravenloft setting, trying to gain the upper hand against what at first seem to be insurmountable odds.