It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

El_Caz: Burnout Paradise ... Love the realism of it...
mistermumbles: Burnout? Realistic? Come again? =P
Maybe he/she means that the background scenery looks so real. If you have never played Burnout Paradise with settings turned to max, I recommend doing so ;)
mistermumbles: Burnout? Realistic? Come again? =P
DRM_free_fan: Maybe he/she means that the background scenery looks so real. If you have never played Burnout Paradise with settings turned to max, I recommend doing so ;)
He, definitely a he. :)

You're right, it's not realistic per se, what I meant is that whenever you race, you do it from one point to the other of the city and there are no stops to whatever way you can go, streets aren't blocked and the track is not set, you can go any which way you like.... and lose the race for going the wrong way, which happens to me all too frequently. That's more realistic than having the wrong pathways blocked for your convenience.
Wow, Baldur's Gate 2's game engine and UI is so much better than the original Baldur's Gate's. Pretty much all the things that I hated in the Baldur's Gate's user interface are fixed in the sequel:

- A working quest log, which tracks for you which quests are open and which are completed. Great!!!

- When you are trying to navigate a party member through a narrow corridor, the other members don't try to block him, but actively get out of the way and let him/her pass freely! Wow! I was sometimes pulling my hair in the first BG, when moving around in narrow mazes was hard just because the party members kept colliding with each others all the time, and blocking each others from moving. Same when you try to cast a heal spell to another party member, which is behind a couple of other members.

- And probably many many more I don't remember right now.

I think my BG2 sessions will advance much faster than the 13 years I spent with the first game + expansion... I wish the Interplay RPGs that I've yet to play (Icewind Dale 1-2, Planescape Torment etc.) have an UI more like that of BG2, than the original BG.

Also with merely a couple of hours of play, it seems BG2 has much more dialogue and meaningful story, than the BG1.

The only thing I don't like is that if I click on the sleep button from the main screen, it doesn't confirm if I really want to sleep. I click on it accidentally all the time, when I am trying to click on the save game button just above it. And I think it actually asks that confirmation if you click on it from other screens, just not from the main screen? Or then I remember wrong.
Post edited August 23, 2013 by timppu
timppu:
Also not a fan of BG1 engine. I tried playing it but eventually quit. Fortunately, I learned about BGTutu which allows you to play BG1 using the BG2 engine.
timppu:
arr0whead: Also not a fan of BG1 engine. I tried playing it but eventually quit. Fortunately, I learned about BGTutu which allows you to play BG1 using the BG2 engine.
I'm so oldskool that I first want to try the vanilla version with most games, as long as it doesn't have game breaking bugs. Did BGTutu also provide similar quest log as BG2, as the lack of such was probably the biggest annoyance for me in BG1? I surprised if modders have been able to add a proper quest log to the game afterwards.
Post edited August 23, 2013 by timppu
arr0whead: Also not a fan of BG1 engine. I tried playing it but eventually quit. Fortunately, I learned about BGTutu which allows you to play BG1 using the BG2 engine.
timppu: I'm so oldskool that I first want to try the vanilla version with most games, as long as it doesn't have game breaking bugs. Did BGTutu also provide similar quest log as BG2, as the lack of such was probably the biggest annoyance for me in BG1? I surprised if modders have been able to add a proper quest log to the game afterwards.
Sorry, I can't recall if it had. Last time I played the BG1 with (BGTutu) was I think in 2008.
timppu: I'm so oldskool that I first want to try the vanilla version with most games, as long as it doesn't have game breaking bugs. Did BGTutu also provide similar quest log as BG2, as the lack of such was probably the biggest annoyance for me in BG1? I surprised if modders have been able to add a proper quest log to the game afterwards.
arr0whead: Sorry, I can't recall if it had. Last time I played the BG1 with (BGTutu) was I think in 2008.
Maybe I'll try it at some point. I still have BG1 installed.
Yes it uses the BG2 quest log, I think. I played through BGtutu last year, now I'm playing BG2 and the UI is exactly the same.
Right now I'm hooked with World of Tanks. I joined it to wait for the upcoming World of Battleships but I ended up playing it for hours now. I'm this close in spending money for the in game gold.....
Just finished Hitman codname 47 and started NFS underground 2 and Age of Empires Rise of Rome.
Just started The Cat Lady.
Recently:

Talisman Prologue

The Cat Lady

Chaos Overlords
Mega Man: Day in the Limelight 2 (fan-made game where you control the Robot Masters from MM2 in slightly altered levels of MM3)

The Sims 3 (I'm basically just waiting for my sim to die now that I've completed his lifetime wish)
Why is everyone suddenly playing The Cat Lady.

Also, I'm playing The Cat Lady...
I've been playing Dracula: Love Kills and quite enjoying it. (I admit it, I'm a HOG fan.)