It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Woohoo, I heard Kate Bush's "Wow" song in GTA Vice City! Which must mean that the version I have is not the re-release where they pulled away ten or so songs due to song licenses expiring or something. I thought I already heard some Michael Jackson music in there before, but I wasn't quite sure.

I was pretty sure the "GTA complete" pack I bought from Steam in some summer or Xmas sale was after the music incident, but apparently I remembered wrong. Or then they provided me with the complete versions with all songs anyway.

That said, overall I prefer the music in GTA 3. Then again I mostly listened to Rise FM in GTA 3. Vice City certainly has lots of familiar songs in it, but quite few I actually like. "Wow" is nice, but it doesn't fit well to the game when you are trying to kill some lady with your car.

Oh, and I can certainly see why people complained about the controls of the GTA Vice City mission "Demolition Man", where you control the RC helicopter to plant bombs. Buuut, it was ok when you concentrated, I passed it with my third try. I was actually expecting something much worse, some unplayable mess with that mission. The controls were just a bit complicated as there were so many buttons to control the helicopter remotely, that's all. I loved how easily the guards died in its blades.
Post edited May 25, 2013 by timppu
Played a little bit of UnEpic and a little bit of Quake 2 the other day. Love Quake 2, never gets old.
I finally got to playing Rage, the latest installment of the hit-series "shooters that I have in my Steam library but haven't actually played yet". It's been decent so far, but I feel a lot of unused potential with this one. >_>
Resident Evil Revelations, more like the older games (but not quite) than the more recent iterations, has a kinda batman clue detector scanner thing as well, only finished the first chapter, but it was a pretty promising start.

Metro Last Light. About halfway through this so far and enjoying it immensely, Its quite cheap on SimplyCDKeys and I noticed the 360 version here is only 30-something euro new, which is about €20+ cheaper than other games on 360.
Waframe
Mass Effect 3 MP
Super Puzzle Platformer
Don't Starve
Terraria (on xbox :) )
The book of unwritten tales. So far, I'm extremely impressed. I'm several hours in and only one puzzle was problematic. (A quick search fixed that as the clue was slightly incorrect).

Great voicing, great humor, great plot, visuals, sensible puzzle, etc. This one is shaping up to be a high contender in the adventure game genre in my book ;)
timppu: Oh, and I can certainly see why people complained about the controls of the GTA Vice City mission "Demolition Man", where you control the RC helicopter to plant bombs. Buuut, it was ok when you concentrated, I passed it with my third try. I was actually expecting something much worse, some unplayable mess with that mission. The controls were just a bit complicated as there were so many buttons to control the helicopter remotely, that's all. I loved how easily the guards died in its blades.
Playing the game with a gamepad helps a lot in the case of these types of missions. For example, in GTA SA there is a flying school - I struggled a lot when playing it with mouse and keyboard, whereas when I played the game later on with a gamepad, I found it to be a lot easier. Didn't make it on my first try, but it didn't require nearly as many as before.
Post edited May 27, 2013 by DrYaboll
DrYaboll: Playing the game with a gamepad helps a lot in the case of these types of missions. For example, in GTA SA there is a flying school - I struggled a lot when playing it with mouse and keyboard, whereas when I played the game later on with a gamepad, I found it to be a lot easier. Didn't make it on my first try, but it didn't require nearly as many as before.
Ah ok, for some reason that didn't occur to me. The game is so old already that I half-expected it doesn't really support PC gamepads. I guess. Time to give Logitech F310 some workout, I think. So far I've been using it mostly with the ePSXe emulator.
timppu:
You can easily bind the keys in the options.

There is also a 'classic' layout, or sth like this which turns on the console scheme (there is auto aim enabled).

This game actually has better controller support than today's games which often require the X360 gamepad, making you have to use an additional program to configure your controller to work with the game.

Old GTA's work with any controller (I've tried a PS3 controller, and some cheap one of a 'no-name' brand).
Post edited May 28, 2013 by DrYaboll
Crazy taxi with the REAL Dreamcast soundtrack!

and Uneal II : The awakening

and Don't Starve (the trumpet voice of the character is REALLY annoying)
Post edited May 28, 2013 by fr33kSh0w2012
Quake 2 (For some reason, I've always preferred Quake 2 to Quake 1, and yes I have completed Quake 1)

Fallout 2 (I've just arrived at the Enclave Oil Rig)
I'm playing Might and Magic I for nearly three months now. Think I'm slowly getting to the end of the game. Most areas are completely mapped (which took some time) and several of the caves/dungeons cleared.
Post edited May 28, 2013 by PaterAlf
darthvader39560: Quake 2 (For some reason, I've always preferred Quake 2 to Quake 1, and yes I have completed Quake 1)
Most people feel that way. One of the reasons I bought Quake 4 was it came with Quake 2 tweeked up so it ran good on newer systems.