It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Playing NOX. Role-playing - Action - Fantasy game from
Westwood Studios.
Post edited November 12, 2022 by d3dx9.dll
Currently working on:
-> Resident Evil: Village - Steam
-> Fallout 3: GOTY - Epic
-> Bioshock 1 (2007) - Humble

RE Village has been awesome so far. Really been enjoying it.

Fallout 3 GOTY is just classic. Been a while since I played it from scratch, but it's still great.
ssling: 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil

Absurdly huge, insanely addictive open-world hack & slash / dungeon crawler. Amount of content is mindblowing for such inconspicuous game originating from mobile devices. I'm over 20 hours in and explored maybe 1/4 of the world and barely touched all optional activities. Speaking of which there is crafting of various types (cooking, blacksmithing, alchemy, jewelry etc. - everything with dozens of recipes). Mining. Fishing. Catching animals/monsters so they can fight and level up at your side (why they don't evolve though?!?). Hell, there is even in-game collectible card minigame. The only problem is mastering all of these would take tens of hours alone because of kinda grindy nature (at the beginning success rate for everything is very small and leveling skills is done by doing things so only way is to waste tons of resources to level up skill at first). But who cares when all monsters and containers respawn at any location change (including floors of the same dungeon) or load game (yes, careful with saving mid-dungeon because one may accidentally load into instadeath in the sea of monsters).
Combat system is fast and satisfying, plays fantastic with controller. Great progression feeling with smooth leveling, shitload of items, damage numbers going into thousands, rewards for achieving goals and unlockable abilities and spells. There is at least one companion character that can be also player controllable and his development is fully manual so can use whatever build you want. Quests are mostly typical fetch quests but dialogs with npc's are funny written. Settlements have their own economy and npc's work in their shops only in certain hours (and have days off!) which is surprising and neat. And all dungeons are handcrafted, no random generation.
My biggest complain so far is somewhat clunky inventory management, especially transferring between main and companion characters. And maybe respawn feels too aggressive at times. But overall it's pure digital heroine.
So, does the "increase skills by use" mechanic apply to things like combat and spellcasting, or just to crafting?

How does stat growth work?

What's the level cap?

Can you play as a female character?
Orion Trail

It's the only game holding my attention at this time. It's a quick 5 to 10 minute game per day for me usually during my lunch hour as things are digesting.

The rest of the stuff I'm playing is board games with friends on the weekend.
dtgreene: So, does the "increase skills by use" mechanic apply to things like combat and spellcasting, or just to crafting.
Yes, all "weapon type" and "magic type" skills are also increased simply by using them, similar to The Elder Scrolls games. Occasionally you can find scrolls adding specific skill XP or get it as quest reward.

dtgreene: How does stat growth work?

What's the level cap?
Level cap is 100 AFAIK. Each level you get 5 points to use for basic attributes - Strength, Dexterity, Endurance, Intelligence, Wisdom. These can be additionally increased by scrolls and orbs found or got as rewards. There's also respec availability later in the game.
Special abilities, passive and active (spells) are unlockable independently from level through special "coins" found in the world and dungeons. Apparently there's enough coins to eventually unlock all abilities.

dtgreene: Can you play as a female character?
There's no gender specified anywhere in the game. Creating character you choose name, look and voice (no voice acting, only "noises") of which some could be classified as masculine or feminine. My character specifically is Jane Fonda's Barbarella, so I guess sure, why not.
Post edited November 13, 2022 by ssling
Vice city and Wordle
I'm going on with the "Wilderness Missions" from Incubation - the end shouldn't be too far, I reckon. And Episode IV "Thy Flesh Consumed" from Doom. Not for the faint of heart...
I started Yesterday Origins, but having in mind that i´ve recently played Runaway 2 and 3, and that the control is awful, i need a break.
ariaspi: I'm in Psychotronics now, about to enter the G.U.T.S.. But I'm taking my sweet time, explore and loot everything, kill every Typhon. Going with stealth and wrench for now, so no worries for ammo - stockpiling it for later game. :)
lukaszthegreat: Glad you are enjoying it.

Did you invest in the powers?
For now just in the first level of Mimic and Psychoshock. I'm not sure how I feel about investing in a third Typhon mod and having the turrets target me, even though I hacked most of turrets in the areas I go more often. Psychoshock I seems enough - sometimes, in the right place, I can even cheese the Nightmare just with it. Poor Phantoms stand no chance now. I usually start with Psychoshock and/or Combat Awareness III, and then wrench them to death, even Telepaths and Technopaths. I rarely use the weapons, even though I have them upgraded to the max. I have so much ammo, never crafted any.

If I'll change my mind later, I'll probably go for Mimic II (to be able to mimic turrets) and Psychoshock III. The other powers didn't seem that useful for my play style. Kinetic blast is kinda cool, but I dislike that shock wave which sends most of the objects flying through the room.
I'm playing Witcher 3 as the finale of my W1-2-3 continuous marathon.
I finished the bloody baron quest line, and I could not save him. what a poor guy...
And then I explored almost all '?' points in the Velen area and finished quests below level 12 requirements. Geralt became level 14, and finally, I'm going to visit the north part of the map and Novigrad city.
Post edited November 15, 2022 by HIRO kun
And then, I just finished Witcher 3 wild hunt. I beat the final boss with no damage taken!
But I have not played the two expansions yet, so Geralt's adventure has still continued...
Fortunately, this time Geralt got a happy ending (kind of...), unlike my first playing.
All in all this game is excellent even from today's viewpoint.
My biggest complaint about the game is the left stick on the gamepad is too sensitive, and sometimes Geralt (especially in the ride mode) could not move straightly (a few times, Geralt fell down from a high mountain and died because of it).
The game does not allow the player to adjust the left stick sensitivity in the game option (even it allows to do with the right stick).
Perhaps I should have used a traditional keyboard + mouse.
And because of it, I have entirely skipped the horse racing quest lines.
Also, I have skipped the Gwent game quest lines too, because I generally don't like trading card games. I prefer the dice poker in W1 and W2 to Gwent in W3.
I'll play two expansions too. I'm impressed that CD-Projekt Red's effort to long support the game.
Post edited November 23, 2022 by HIRO kun
Starting to do some experiments with Solasta: Crown of the Magister.

Some things:
* The Dungeon Maker is useful for doing experiments. I can just create a simple dungeon, put whatever I want in it, and bring in characters of any level the game allows (so no need to actually reach that level through normal play).
* The Sun Cleric's level 6 ability is a bonus action touch range ability that restores 6 HP, and my test character could use it 3 times per long rest.
* A Bard who learns spells via Magical Secrets can't unlearn those spells at level up, unlike normally learned Bard spells.
Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem

Just the good old shooting action, it's a lot of mindless fun! :)
HIRO kun: And then, I just finished Witcher 3 wild hunt. I beat the final boss with no damage taken!
But I have not played the two expansions yet, so Geralt's adventure has still continued...
Fortunately, this time Geralt got a happy ending (kind of...), unlike my first playing.
All in all this game is excellent even from today's viewpoint.
My biggest complaint about the game is the left stick on the gamepad is too sensitive, and sometimes Geralt (especially in the ride mode) could not move straightly (a few times, Geralt fell down from a high mountain and died because of it).
The game does not allow the player to adjust the left stick sensitivity in the game option (even it allows to do with the right stick).
Perhaps I should have used a traditional keyboard + mouse.
And because of it, I have entirely skipped the house race quest lines.
Also, I have skipped the Gwent game quest lines too, because I generally don't like trading card games. I prefer the dice poker in W1 and W2 to Gwent in W3.
I'll play two expansions too. I'm impressed that CD-Projekt Red's effort to long support the game.
I'm using the joystick for my current run, after doing k&m the first time around. I think k&m is definitely easier overall, although it doesn't make a huge difference in how Geralt or the horse move, I think. Mostly I find it easier/more precise to target enemies during combat.

I don't mind the horse racing missions too much, but yeah, definitely preferred dice poker to Gwent because I hate video card games.
Finally trying out Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Played through the first chapter to get the hang of the game and controls, so now I'm ready to go back and start with a better character build and try to play through.