It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Still working my way through Dark Souls 3 when I get the chance. During my last session, I made it through Lothric Castle. I died several times to some of the regular enemies, which was a little annoying, but in each case, my death was the result of carelessness and poor stamina management.

I beat Dragonslayer Armor on my fourth attempt, which was much better than my first playthrough of the game. I was glad to see that my fond memories of this boss fight held true; I would say Dragonslayer Armor is perhaps my favorite boss fight in the entire game. It isn't particularly difficult or lore-important, but something about the fight just clicks with me. It's a fast-paced fight that requires careful dodging and spatial awareness--my first death to it happened because I fell off the bridge during the second phase of the fight. It's one of those fights that I enjoy because I know that every death is truly, without doubt, my fault. And I love that.

After defeating that boss, I went through Consumed King's Garden and defeated Oceiros. I don't particularly like or dislike this fight. The first phase is pretty easy and the second phase is annoyingly unpredictable, and some of his attacks have weird hitboxes. Where this fight excels is atmosphere. The opening cinematic is interesting, and I love the dialogue throughout the fight (granted, the dialogue can get annoying after hearing it half a dozen times, but it's good nonetheless).

I continued on to the next boss, Champion Gundyr. This is a fight that absolutely kicked my butt my first playthrough. I probably made 20 or more attempts on him, and though I got close to beating him several times, I always died to him. Always. This was particularly vexing because the ending I was aiming for required me to get to Dark Firelink, and I couldn't do that without killing Champion. I finally learned of his weakness to parrying during some Internet research, but my lack of practice with parrying still made the fight difficult. After quite a few more tries I eventually killed him, but I vowed to never attempt it again.

Fast foreward to a week ago, and I had much less trouble with him. I still died a few times (which was only annoying because of the run back to him), but I consistently parried him. I bested him on the sixth attempt, and I was satisfied.

I moved on to the optional dragon location (Dragon's Peak? I can't remember the name right now) and killed the first dragon boss on my first attempt. I hated this battle my first playthrough, but I felt indifferent to it this time. It's a cool concept, I guess, but the execution is annoying more than anything else. It's basically a normal location just with a huge environmental hazard. I mean, yeah, technically it's possible to beat the dragon in a straight up fight, but that would take forever. I don't think the tedium would be worth it.

I am currently on my way to facing Nameless King, which I'm nervous about. This was the only boss I didn't kill in my first playthrough. I made several attempts at it, but I kept getting wasted by the stupid dragon. At that point, I just wanted to finish the game, so I gave up and moved on. I intend to defeat him this time around, and I'm curious to see if I will find it as difficult. So far this playthrough has been much easier than my first; I hope that continues.

I've also recently restarted The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I got this for my 2DS a couple years ago. I made decent headway into the game, but I eventually stopped playing for reasons I can't remember. I decided to start it over and make my way through it. Progress has been slow; though I have access to the 2DS at home, between wanting to spend time with my wife and with my daughter, I don't have much time to play it. I can usually only get in maybe 30 minutes at a time. I just finished the first dungeon. It's not the most engaging game for me, but I love the graphics and atmosphere, and my wife likes hearing the music and sound effects while I'm playing. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it someday.
I did a battle royale in Fire Pro World this morning and ended up with another perfect 100 percent match rating. For all this game's qualities, I think it's hilarious that it's seemingly impossible to do a battle royale that isn't rated highly considering that BR's in the real world are generally the trashiest sort of matches. I can't imagine Dave Meltzer reviewing a show and saying, "Well, you know, the world title match was pretty good, but OMG that battle royale! Greatest match in 35 years! Seven and a half stars!!!"
Last weekend Sunday I started playing Resident Evil: Revelations 2. Pretty slow start compared to the first one... (more old-school RE I guess)
andysheets1975: I did a battle royale in Fire Pro World this morning and ended up with another perfect 100 percent match rating. For all this game's qualities, I think it's hilarious that it's seemingly impossible to do a battle royale that isn't rated highly considering that BR's in the real world are generally the trashiest sort of matches. I can't imagine Dave Meltzer reviewing a show and saying, "Well, you know, the world title match was pretty good, but OMG that battle royale! Greatest match in 35 years! Seven and a half stars!!!"
Ever make and upload any wrestlers?
I've done a couple.
We. The Revolution.
tinyE: Ever make and upload any wrestlers?
I've done a couple.
No, I'm too lazy. I just go to the workshop and download other people's creations :)
Having my 'every two year GTA itch'.

Think I'll play CJ as a lard ass. Nothing more realistic than a 300 pound man jumping over fences and diving for oyster shells.

Of course, now that I think about it, during the turf wars parts, the restaurants are typically the best places to take cover and win gunfights. I could definitely see a 300 pound man risking his life to defend a Clucking Bell.
Post edited August 15, 2019 by tinyE
The witcher 3

Took my time with the mainquest and heart of stone.
Up to the knight world of blood & wine
Escape Goat.
Nothing, Because I simply don't have the time!

Plus I ain't getting any younger!

Also everyone who isn't me in my household is stealing all my free time with too much talking!

It Pisses me off
Post edited August 16, 2019 by fr33kSh0w2012
fr33kSh0w2012: Nothing, Because I simply don't have the time!

Plus I ain't getting any younger!

Also everyone who isn't me in my household is stealing all my free time with too much talking!

It Pisses me off
It's great to put time into more productive stuff, but you can choose which people you share a household with unless they're your kids. If sharing household makes your days worse, act upon it if possible and do something.
Post edited August 16, 2019 by user deleted
Castlevania: Lords of Shadows

Great game! But man the stories in these Japanese games are silly :-D
teceem: Castlevania: Lords of Shadows

Great game! But man the stories in these Japanese games are silly :-D
So is the dialogue.
Just got Thronebreaker. Woo!

While I wait, I'm going to start Avadon again.
tinyE: So is the dialogue.
Sure, but they could always blame the translator(s). My Japanese is not good enough to know if the original dialogue made any sense. :-D