It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just finished Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius. It was my first VN so I'm not going to judge it because I have nothing to compare it to, except for books and we all know how that would end...
But the strategic space battles... Let's just say that I don't understand the praise for them in the reviews. While I like the idea of different weapon-commands and such, the rest and especially the mission design is rather poor. At least the game is free and one can switch the difficulty down to almost godmode, so not much harm is done.
Tron 2.0

No one in the history of mankind has ever sucked at anything as much as I suck at Light Cycles.
I recently got back to PC gaming, I beat Ultimate Doom on Ultra-Violence recently, I'm working my way to beat Doom 2 on UV too (so far it's way more difficult than the first Doom). I'm also playing Wolfenstein 3D (just beat episode 2), Fallout 2 which I made a new character no so long ago, and other games like Quake and Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga + Bowser's Minions on my 3DS when I'm not on my PC.
Doing something I rarely do: a back-to-back playthrough of a game. At the end of Van Helsing II, you get some loot drops with much higher stats than seen up until that point. So I'm thinking, well what the hell good does THIS do me? Messed around in the menus and noted that there is a Veteran mode, on top of the difficulty settings.

Apparently Veteran mode allows you to play again with your previous built-up character, so the higher stat loot is usable. Of course, the game levels with you so you're not walking all over the bad guys the next time around, but at least the drops are consistently more powerful, too.

The DLC is inaccessible until you complete a Veteran playthrough, so that was another reason to give it a second go.

The item mechanics - as far as boosting your items - is something I need to dive into this time around. Noticed toward the end of the first playthrough that there was an NPC I didn't notice before. This one is a craft station, and it seems like you're allowed to make customized loot. I'll need to get that NPC back, and then play around with making stuff.
HereForTheBeer: Doing something I rarely do: a back-to-back playthrough of a game.
THAT WOULD KILL ME!

I can't even imagine doing that, even with something like Minesweeper.
HereForTheBeer: Doing something I rarely do: a back-to-back playthrough of a game.
tinyE: THAT WOULD KILL ME!

Haha - I wouldn't have gone right back to it were it not for that end-of-game loot drop. Damn them! Friggin' tease.
tinyE: THAT WOULD KILL ME!

I did that in both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. It was just too good!
To be fair, its a bit of a different experience though since each time it was higher difficulty and you started with all your equipment.
Psychonauts and Tomb Raider Legend on PC.
Somewhere round about my 400th world in Craft the World.
muttly13: Somewhere round about my 400th world in Craft the World.
DUDE WE GOTTA HANG OUT!

I thought I was the only one who worshiped that game.
I forgot how fun Epic Pinball is.

I only bought it because I'm on my old backup PC and needed something REALLY light on specs, but I'm having a ball here, pardon the pun.
Alternating between Fallout 4 and Hard West.
Booted my PS3 version of Dark Souls after 5 or so years, just for the lulz. I am so rusty after such a break. Had to play about half hour to get back the feel for the game and then went for Capra Demon. I have actually never killed it before.

In first 5 attempts I was still struggling with controls, and I have found, that I am rolling to slow, so he and dogs just destroyed me after a while.

I have decided to farm fe hollows to get 1 more Endurance, which was enough for me to be able to roll at full speed, without chest armor, and went against him again. Three more attempts, and he was finally down!
I got me the Amplified DLC for Crypt of the Necrodancer. So more dozen hours of hopping from tile to tile.
Anyone here ever play Mortal Kombat 4?

Has there ever been a way to change the resolution?
Post edited June 08, 2018 by tinyE