It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Uplink, Flatout, Tales of Maj'Eyal and Zaccaria Pinball
Wanted my Conquest:Frontier Wars up and running again,, guess Windows decide otherwise.. Was a good game before though... gotta love them Dreadnoughts
Well, that may be a no to Gothic 3 too. Controls are definitely better, BUT the combat is so floaty and the feedback when hitting or getting hit is so minimal it's ridiculous. =/ The beginning of the game was also beyond dumb. "Yeah, let's start off with a mass melee where you can quickly lose." (aka keeping getting knocked down without being able to reequip, drink potion, or effectively rejoin the fight) That is likely the worst starting point of any game I can think of. I actually had to bump it down to easy for me just to go through that, and it was still annoying.
Post edited May 27, 2018 by Mr.Mumbles
tinyE: Anyone here play A LOT of Far Cry 2?
What does A LOT mean? Is it enough that I have finished it? It was a couple of years ago so I certainly don't remember the details, like locations of diamond cases or particular missions or or or etc.

Good to hear you enjoy it, I was also enjoying it. I was thinking of replaying it at some point, e.g. by using some "realism mod" that was mentioned on the Far Cry 2 subforum I think, but haven't gotten around to it yet as I've decided to try to start (and finish) new games instead. ("new" in this context means new to me, like now I am playing Deus Ex: Invisible War).
Tales of Maj'Eyal.
Addictive. and every single one of my deaths so far have been entirely my fault, either out of over zealousness or arrogance.

And the occasional Smash
Mr.Mumbles: After finishing Risen, I was curious enough to give the original Gothic a try. Yeah, that was a waste of an hour or two. Those are some superbly janky controls.
Did you enable the "alternate controls" from the Gothic options? They were much more bearable to me (in fact so much that I didn't mind the controls after that). I recall reading here the "original controls" were meant for keyboard-only players (and that is why they feel so clunky), while the "alternate controls" retrofitted mouse support, including mouseaim.

It took a bit of time to understand how to operate stuff (open chests, swing your sword etc.) and operate the inventory, but after you got a hang of it, it was ok IMHO. The alternate controls, that is.

Then again, as Risen is supposed to be quite similar to Gothic but with modernized graphics and controls, I guess there is little reason to play Gothic after that. That is exactly why I started the Gothic (+Risen +Arcania) games from the very beginning, finished the first game last year I think. I have this problem with other series too, thinking whether I should start them from the beginning or jump right to the newest installment.
I'm trying out RetroArch for win, and started playing some classics, namely Ducktales and The Hunt for Red October (GB)
timppu: ...
It's always better to start from the beginning. The rule apply to the whole life! ;)

I don't mind time-traveling to very old titles, even those of extremely archaic gameplay, but the particular series of game just have to be started from the first one if you want to play all titles, any other approach spoils the whole fun. And I think it's not even because of worse graphics or story and order of events, but it's all about controls and gameplay.

That's the reason I've finished only Ultima I and II so far! xD
Post edited May 27, 2018 by ciemnogrodzianin
timppu: Did you enable the "alternate controls" from the Gothic options? They were much more bearable to me (in fact so much that I didn't mind the controls after that). I recall reading here the "original controls" were meant for keyboard-only players (and that is why they feel so clunky), while the "alternate controls" retrofitted mouse support, including mouseaim.
I did customize the inputs as best possible, but those funky controls just kill it for me. *shrug* Oh well.
Played through Fable 3 while I wait for a copy of Fable Anniversary to come in the mail...

Or more specifically, I replayed the first half of the game.

To me, Fable 3 isn't that bad. It's actually surprisingly good for its first half. Combat was enjoyable if easy, exploration and side quests are fun to partake in, the overall presentation was pretty good (especially the writing and the majority of the performances), and many of the quests are surprisingly memorable. Even revisiting it six years later, moments like playing a game of D&D and meeting The Crawler for the first time were immediately recognizable. It was actually more fun and addicting than I remember it being, to the point where I forgot why I never played it again after the first time.

And then you become king, and the whole experience falls flat on its face. The over-reliance on money, the lack of any real choices that go beyond money, and too much grinding if you want to be the good guy and save everyone. I love what Fable 3 gets right, but it just falls apart here.

I really am hoping the first two games don't have this issue.
Post edited May 29, 2018 by ljyoun
I play The Witcher 3 and Metro 2033.
I'm about to start 'Detroit: Become Human'. :D
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars.
Juggling - usually don't like juggling but when I do it seems a bit easier to pepper in a roguelike.

Most of my playtime is going to Expeditions Viking. It feels so dirty to play a viking engaging in politics and diplomacy, but I've never been big on "pillage pillage pillage smash smash smash" in RPGs LOL. Kudos to the game for giving me nuanced options. Though like I said, my eye twitches just a bit every time I don't pick the "RRwwwrRRrrgggggg, burn down the village!!!" option ;)

Also Duskers. Fun game, cool command prompt interface without going totally down the Hacker / Uplink road. I haven't gone too far, and I pretty much have been sticking to a "baby" strategy of slowly inching forward and using my Motion Sensor drones. But it's unique, and tense but not in a bad way and all around sort of eerie and entralling to send my little guys down to the various derelicts.
Mmm... kicking ass in my Tennhausen in Rebel Galaxy. Militia. Red Devil. Outsiders. Bring them all on.