It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

poulpy72: Shadowrun Returns

This is my second go at it. I played it for about 2-3 hours back in 2015, then stopped for no good reason. I just started over this evening. So far so good.
It's regarded as being worse than Shadowrun: Dragonfall but it's definitely more a solid game. I think my first playthrough from load menu to ending credits lasted about two nights because I couldn't put it down.

Speaking of Dragonfall, it is fantastic, it deserves all the praise it gets.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting into Shadowrun: Hong Kong because it throws a whole lot of text at you at the very beginning and none of it is as gripping as Returns or Dragonfall. Oh well, maybe the fourth attempt is the charm.
Was playing Zavix Tower, but I've hit level 40 and a few bugs that aren't game-breaking but definitely are going to slow things down to grind more than I was already going to need to to clear 50. Other than the boss fights, by this point in the game you've "seen" everything it has to offer, so I'm tempted to call it done even though it technically goes on forever (or at least to 100). I didn't plan to go much farther anyway, and losing half my offense to a bug sucks a lot.

Also, they totally should have named it Gravlax Tower. Missed opportunity, there. The game has pretty okay tactical RPG combat, but there's waaaay too much of it, and really not much of anything else. It's rogue-lite / rpg-lite / dungeon crawler-lite, and while there is technically a town base, you really don't get to do much with it.

Otherwise I'm going back and forth between "The Quest" and "Last Dream."

For a while juggling the Quest / Zavix Tower worked well. One has a story, neat map designs, and terrible combat (and as the food joke goes, also not enough of it); the other has no story, pointless maps, and ok combat (but way too much of it). So they made a good complement.

But the Quest is somewhere between a low-end Might & Magic 2 with hints of Bethesda (you auto-level certain skills by using them, and then get other points to spend with some costing more/less depending on your race and class). It's quite charming. In a Bethesdian-appropriate turn, I'm a bit hung up b/c I just can't figure out where I'm supposed to go next that I'm high enough level to survive. East I get poison-bolted to death, west I get lightning-bolted. And South is the ocean. But still enjoying it.

Last Dream is an RPG-maker derived JRPG. A bit grindy (even only 3 hours in), and yet charming with some well designed classes, etc. I paid $1, and it was definitely worth at least that. Some people say it's got great replayability to experiment with different party builds - I guess I'm not quite convinced of that yet.

I do think I erred in setting the combat frequency to normal. Considering how much you seemingly need to grind, more frequent combat would probably actually be a good thing instead of waltzing back and forth waiting to get attacked.
Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy
It seems that all Benoît Sokal's games are so atmospheric!
Morrowind with 70+ mods installed and it feels pretty fresh.
Brigador Up-Armored Edition

It is very addicting and actually the only game that I play at the moment.
Right now I'm playing Wizardry Empire 2 on PS1.
My adventurers (Lord, Valkyrie, Priest, Thief, Mage x2) have explored 2 dungeons and now exploring the 3rd dungeon, which is quite challenging(and fun) to mapping on paper.
Also just begun Nier Automata at normal difficulty. I arrived the first save point.
Civilizaiton III. In long addictive stretches.

It's pretty bad, admittedly. Hours and hours at a time. Don't know why I stayed away so long. Heard scathing things about culture and corruption and resource wars that put me off, I guess, from Civ II vets.

I sort of lost interest in Civ IV maybe a month after I freshly bought and installed it upon release. Mostly I didn't like the aesthetics and art direction. It was still recognizably Civilization, but not the civilization I fell in love with as a teenager.

Civilization III *is* that civilization I fell in love with, just with better isometric graphics and some additional (mostly nice) features. Armies, tribal traits, and unique units are all ace.

Definitely the best $1.50 (!!) I ever spent (on sale here at GOG).

Now excuse me, I need to get back to my game as the Hittes. I have a crusade against the Ottomans to wage.
MaridAudran: Civilization III *is* that civilization I fell in love with, just with better isometric graphics and some additional (mostly nice) features. Armies, tribal traits, and unique units are all ace.
III seems to be the forgotten Civilization game but I've always had a soft spot for it even though I started with the previous games. I just think it feels good to play and it looks nice. It's been a while since I played IV but something about that one was always a tad off-putting to me for some reason, despite all the raves it gets.

I haven't been playing much of anything lately. Between the NBA season taking up a lot of my leisure time, and being worn out from keeping up with a hyperactive foster dog, by the time I get in front of my computer I'm too sleepy to play a game *sigh*
Just reached the definitive ending of Legend of Grimrock 2. I've to say that I definitely don't like the endfight because the Island Master can summon duplicates of himself and erect an impenetrable shield indefinitely. That just sucks.
King's Bounty: The Legend

I was playing HOMM5 recently and was looking for games similar to it. Read a lot about KB at that moment and decided to give it a try. So far, I'm really enjoying this game. Graphics are very nice too, even for a more than 10 years old game.
No, seriously, Knights of Honor is very good.

Okay, its rts part is no Total War but hey, you didn't play Star Wars Rebellion for the space battles did you ?
Killing some Strogg in Quake 4 (I'm liking it, but 1 nd 2 were MUCH better).

Also, I'm tackling Cuphead in co-op with my sister. Oh-my-gawd. The first island was hard but feasible, the second ramps up the difficulty to insanity!
Divinity Original Sin. I've had it for a while, finally got around to it. Love it. Don't know why I waited. Oh wait, yes I do - too many games (not that there is actually ever "too many").
Vikings: Wolves of Midgaard (scratching my Diablo itch without needing to worry about being booted because my internet went down while I was playing) and, if all goes as planned, tomorrow will add Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana that I paid for in September and have been waiting for ever since.
Pillars of Eternity and my first ever playthrough too

After about 30 hours of gameplay myself, I can see why people give this game both 5 star and 1 star reviews :P