It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Medal Of Honor - Pacific Assault

It's fucking shit. To add insult to injury, gog Galaxy didn't even log the time I wasted on this garbage. Most of it consisted of loading, turret sequences and watching non-interactive cutscenes - unless you consider moving your head interaction.

Uninstalled this rubbish. Time to try Cryisis Warhead instead.
I just picked up Kathy Rain, to scratch my adventure game itch. Really enjoying it so far.

Although every time I get a new game, the last game I was playing takes a backseat to it and seldom gets finished... I really need to stop this insanity.
fronzelneekburm: Medal Of Honor - Pacific Assault

It's fucking shit. To add insult to injury, gog Galaxy didn't even log the time I wasted on this garbage. Most of it consisted of loading, turret sequences and watching non-interactive cutscenes - unless you consider moving your head interaction.
I'm playing it right now and loving it.

OY. Different strokes for different folks I guess. :D
Decided to load up Phantasy Star 3, but didn't start a serious game.

I did, however, do the following:
1. Softlock the game by using an Escapipe too early.
2. Using the Escapipe somewhat later, I was able to get the Trimate from the dungeon, reach the second town, and sell it to buy 2 Hunting Needlers. (Of course, I didn't save because I wasn't starting the game for real.)

(In Lennus 2, I have reached the 3rd world, which might be familiar if you played the first game.)
fronzelneekburm: Medal Of Honor - Pacific Assault

tinyE: I'm playing it right now and loving it.

I dunno... I was actually really interested in this and haven't played too much of it, but so far it embodies the very worst of "cinematic" military shooters. I just finished that Pearl Harbor sequence. First I'm treated to a 5 minute non-interactive tour of the place, watching a bunch of assholes doing a bunch of stuff I couldn't care less about. When the Japanese FINALLY attack, I get to charge down a linear corridor for one minute and then jump on a boat. After that, I get to man a turret. After a minute of randomly shooting planes out of the sky, I got distracted and I figured I might just as well leave the game running and see what happens. And what do you know, when I returned after a few minutes, the game was already busy loading the next level.

I'm not exactly the type who plays his games for the challenge. Far from it. But when a game basically plays itself while I get to occasionally shoot random stuff, I'm starting to wonder If my time wouldn't be more wisely wasted on something else.
tinyE: I'm playing it right now and loving it.

fronzelneekburm: I dunno... I was actually really interested in this and haven't played too much of it, but so far it embodies the very worst of "cinematic" military shooters. I just finished that Pearl Harbor sequence. First I'm treated to a 5 minute non-interactive tour of the place, watching a bunch of assholes doing a bunch of stuff I couldn't care less about. When the Japanese FINALLY attack, I get to charge down a linear corridor for one minute and then jump on a boat. After that, I get to man a turret. After a minute of randomly shooting planes out of the sky, I got distracted and I figured I might just as well leave the game running and see what happens. And what do you know, when I returned after a few minutes, the game was already busy loading the next level.

I'm not exactly the type who plays his games for the challenge. Far from it. But when a game basically plays itself while I get to occasionally shoot random stuff, I'm starting to wonder If my time wouldn't be more wisely wasted on something else.
It's like this, I have a habit of embracing games everyone else hates and hating ones everyone else loves.
Call it eccentricity or call it a complete lack of taste; I'm good with either. :P
At the moment I'm not actually playing a game, but I do have Discworld II: Missing Presumed...!? on in the background, hidden somewhere among the windows, and am therefore listening to the music from the Troll's Head bar. I received the game a few days ago, and Discworld Noir a day or two later. I am still looking for someone selling the first game (I frequently get sidetracked by seeing, or simply remembering, any of a hundred other things I'd like to get).
Post edited October 30, 2016 by Maighstir
So I only meant to give Gwent a quick test-run... *two hours later* Ahem. Guess that's what happens when I'm stubborn enough to play until I win. Well, okay I won a few times there at the end, thanks to figuring out better card strategies and reshaping my Scoiatel deck. Haven't tried any of the others really.

It's pretty fun with a very slick presentation. It strikes me as strange though that I can't mouse over the other player's previous card. Unless one is familiar with all cards some of those specials just zoom on by without me knowing what it really did.
Post edited October 30, 2016 by mistermumbles
The Last Door. I already played it, but when I went to play the sequel, I realized I had basically no memory of what happened in the first one. I finished the first two episodes tonight (memories started to come back as I played it, so I might just be subconsciously remembering solutions, but I think it is pretty easy, at least so far. In a horror game, that's better then spending five hours stuck in place, which will kill the atmosphere like nothing else), so I'm on track to at least start the second season on Halloween.

Anyway, it's good. The graphics are what they are, but the music and writing maintain a solid atmosphere.

(Episode 3, done. I remembered the basic outlines of the first three episodes, but basically nothing from this last one. It will have to wait until tomorrow evening, but I'm looking forward to it.)
Post edited October 31, 2016 by BadDecissions
Yakuza Dead Souls, on my Haloween spree. It is quite a fun game with the distinct feel of the series to top it up.
Just finished SOMA around noon. Very nice. I almost thought they'd given me some seriously fucked-up ending until after the credits. Now that would have been just mean. While it's not an overlong game, I do think it's timed well. As always I panic during monster chases, but I only died once thanks to the much more forgiving nature of the game than Frictional previous offerings.
I left amnesia the dark descent in the middle. Now i am going to finish it.
Finished a playthrough of DOOM (2016), and for the most part I enjoyed the campaign. It kind of dragged on towards the end, and the end felt like an after thought to set up a possible sequel, but it was still fun. Although I'm probably going to do another playthrough since normal mode "Hurt Me Plenty" felt a bit too forgiving.

Also started a new playthough of Dark Souls 3 as a mage, and kind of curious to see the new areas in the DLC.
Finished Shadowrun Returns earlier today. Overall, it felt bland with lots of boring filler combat, limited dialogue, linear levels & the final map was very slogtastic.....played as a melee character with at least 1 combat rigger teammate.

I own Shadowrun Dragonfall on gog, don't really have a desire to play it after finishing Shadowrun returns
How are the followup Shadowrun games?
Are there any improvements to the combat system, or the dialogue?
Legends of Eisenwald. Finished the campaign and one scenario today. It's a decent Kickstarter game and while the lore and scenario are pretty nice, the lack of polish (bugs and some small issues here and there) is really hurting it. Add to that, that they probably won't be fixing anything anymore, as they are currently working on more DLC.