It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Carradice: Massive Chalice.

Makes you think like a Bene Gesserit.
stryx: You want fear to pass over and through you? Is the game that terrible?
:D

Not at all. The game is good and sound. You have to take care of family bloodlines, intermarry and nurture them so that you keep improving the lines. Whenever an able breeder sees battle, you get all worried about not losing the precious genes for the future generations ;)
Trying to finish off Men of War Red Tide, on the last campaign.
I just play TF2 and some casual/indie games (e.g. World of Goo). I save my gaming energy for Fallout 4 and DOOM. :D
The Sims 3. I never realized how broken Painting is, especially once you've got a couple of perks and done some Opportunities that boost your painting's value. My Sim can make a minimum of ten thousand Simoleons a day just by painting three large paintings.
ScotchMonkey: Skyrim

Didn't manage to get 15 hours in years a go when I first picked it up. didn't like the combat and I don't know any of the lore. so this time I'm using destructive majik and having a lot more fun. I'm reading a primer as we speak because I didn't get into oblivion or any of the other games. Still looks pretty good though.
NoNewTaleToTell: A word of warning, magic scales pretty badly so work on level up Enchanting too. You can do that by breaking down enchanted items at the arcane enchanter, as well as enchanting things of course.

You want to eventually get Enchanting up to 100 and pick up a few perks like one that allows you to put two enchantments on an item, so that you can eliminate Magicka cost by enchanting your armor/rings/etc with a "Destruction Magic is X percent cheaper" enchantment. In the later game you'll be glad that your Destruction spells cost 0 to cast, trust me haha.
That's the plan!

I'm at level 32 ATM and have 73 points in destruction and about 50 something for enchantment. It seems to work pretty well as I'm avoiding the main quest line for the time being (have not gone to see the greybeards yet). Truly a massive game.

I wish I had a beefy PC so I could run graphical enhancement mods.
Not that much lately, been putting some time into Ogre Battle and Anno 1602.

Now that two more Anno titles are on GOG, I feel like playing through Anno 2070 again.
NoNewTaleToTell: A word of warning, magic scales pretty badly so work on level up Enchanting too. You can do that by breaking down enchanted items at the arcane enchanter, as well as enchanting things of course.

You want to eventually get Enchanting up to 100 and pick up a few perks like one that allows you to put two enchantments on an item, so that you can eliminate Magicka cost by enchanting your armor/rings/etc with a "Destruction Magic is X percent cheaper" enchantment. In the later game you'll be glad that your Destruction spells cost 0 to cast, trust me haha.
ScotchMonkey: That's the plan!

I'm at level 32 ATM and have 73 points in destruction and about 50 something for enchantment. It seems to work pretty well as I'm avoiding the main quest line for the time being (have not gone to see the greybeards yet). Truly a massive game.

I can recommend some really lightweight ENBs and a few other framerate friendly graphics mods if you want? I'm on a laptop that has Intel HD graphics, I always have draw distances turned to max, with mods that should affect the framerate (like those that add a lot of NPCs) and can still use a lightweight ENB while keeping the framerate perfectly playable (around 30 FPS).
ScotchMonkey: That's the plan!

NoNewTaleToTell: I can recommend some really lightweight ENBs and a few other framerate friendly graphics mods if you want? I'm on a laptop that has Intel HD graphics, I always have draw distances turned to max, with mods that should affect the framerate (like those that add a lot of NPCs) and can still use a lightweight ENB while keeping the framerate perfectly playable (around 30 FPS).
Nah its alright. Ive been playing on the 360.
I'm playing "Sheltered" right now, a post-apocalyptic survival game without zombies. It's so addictive and fun, that type where things start to go wrong/start dying, and you think "I know how I can fix that next time!" Crafting items, trying to loot random places for random materials to make that item you want, fighting bullies and almost dying or trading with them...very fun. Still a bit rough since it is early access, like once you click you can't stop the action, even if you accidently click on the outside full of radiation without a suit and they have to go up there.
Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

I can't recommend that game any more highly to everyone. And one of the few more current games that on disk is DRM free.
bad_fur_day1: Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

I can't recommend that game any more highly to everyone. And one of the few more current games that on disk is DRM free.
Thank you for the information!
While it is a game I had intention to buy, I missed it before GOG was forced to remove it. If the disk is DRM-free, though, I'll have no problem in buying that instead. :)
Lately I just give for granted that the disk requires Steam and/or an avalanche of ridiculous other DRMs... sometimes I'm glad to be wrong.
bad_fur_day1: Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

Enebias: Thank you for the information!
While it is a game I had intention to buy, I missed it before GOG was forced to remove it. If the disk is DRM-free, though, I'll have no problem in buying that instead. :)
Lately I just give for granted that the disk requires Steam and/or an avalanche of ridiculous other DRMs... sometimes I'm glad to be wrong.
Fallout 3 they didn't even bother to mention it was steam on the back at all. 8gb patch needed. Returned.

Arma 2 installs with just a nice CD key like the good ol days. The game is gorgeous, brutally tough and realistic though, reminds me of how games used to be made. Sometimes stuff doesn't work, but 98% of the time it works better than good. The 2% of the time it doesn't is easily overlooked.
Post edited August 15, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
Still fighting a worldwide war against aliens in Terror From the Deep. Sadly, I just had to put several of my best soldiers on permanent holiday defending my main production base because of their low molecular strength stats. They are simply too much of a liability for any squad they are a part of :\
You know at the end of The Bourne Identity when Jason fires off a shot to rattle the other guy, totally just did that. A bullet just missed my head by literally two inches then I took out the sniper who fired it and who was trying to flank me.

Mission complete, totally all mission impossible style. :D

I just had to report how much fun that was.
I'm going full Deutsch with Blackguards (now, THAT is how an RPG should be) and Edna & Harvey (I think I'm close to the breakout)!
Well, not really "full" actually, since I cannot select German voice acting without sacrificing the subtitles. I wonder why Daedalic -almost- never allows to switch between languages; right now, if I want to hear the original voices I have to play both games with German subtitles as well, but since my comprehension is severely lacking I'll have to play them in English.
In the case of Blackguards this is not so bad, since the voice actors are quite good; on the other hand, Edna & Harvey has its lows, and the German audio is significantly better.