It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucian_Galca: Any word on when Desperados is getting the offline installer for its new version?

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post20210
It just got it:
Update (10 July 2018)

Added Demo level
Reworked the whole core technology of the game to work well on modern systems

Languages added:

Main game: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, English
Demo mission: French, German, Spanish, English
Lucian_Galca: Any word on when Desperados is getting the offline installer for its new version?

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post20210
ElTerprise: It just got it:

Update (10 July 2018)

Added Demo level
Reworked the whole core technology of the game to work well on modern systems

Languages added:

Main game: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, English
Demo mission: French, German, Spanish, English
ElTerprise:
Nice. Thank you.
tinyE: nice little Postal update there.
So how much delayed is that thing exactly? (Not that I would dare to complain now)?
tinyE: nice little Postal update there.
MarkoH01: So how much delayed is that thing exactly? (Not that I would dare to complain now)?
you're thinking of postal 2 I think.

That, imo, is never coming. I don't know, I've lost track.

All I know is that this one today finally fixes the totally screwed up control scheme.
MarkoH01: So how much delayed is that thing exactly? (Not that I would dare to complain now)?
tinyE: you're thinking of postal 2 I think.

That, imo, is never coming. I don't know, I've lost track.

All I know is that this one today finally fixes the totally screwed up control scheme.
But wasn't it the case that Postal 1 was outdated for a very long time as well?
Unfortunately because of this game being extremely dangerous to German people I am unable to even look in the Steam forum of this game to check it out myself.

Edit: Prah was so friendly to tell me. Steam has been updated since
15th of November, 2017
So yes, it took them a little while ;)
Post edited July 10, 2018 by MarkoH01
JudasIscariot: Guys,

We've found the issue and it should be fixed in about 3 hours or so, maybe longer so please be patient while this is getting sorted :)

If you still see this issue on Saturday, please don't hesitate to send us a support ticket about it :)
hey judas, offline backup installer files for ruiner are still broken. i normally wouldnt mind submitting a ticket, but the last time i did they strongly advised i just use galaxy, and that they'd eventually look at it (this was for something else several months ago). any way to sort this without the back and forth of submitting a ticket?
JudasIscariot: Guys,

We've found the issue and it should be fixed in about 3 hours or so, maybe longer so please be patient while this is getting sorted :)

If you still see this issue on Saturday, please don't hesitate to send us a support ticket about it :)
fortune_p_dawg: hey judas, offline backup installer files for ruiner are still broken. i normally wouldnt mind submitting a ticket, but the last time i did they strongly advised i just use galaxy, and that they'd eventually look at it (this was for something else several months ago). any way to sort this without the back and forth of submitting a ticket?
If you are able to use GOG downloader that's an alternative since those links still do work as well.
Post edited July 10, 2018 by MarkoH01
fortune_p_dawg: hey judas, offline backup installer files for ruiner are still broken. i normally wouldnt mind submitting a ticket, but the last time i did they strongly advised i just use galaxy, and that they'd eventually look at it (this was for something else several months ago). any way to sort this without the back and forth of submitting a ticket?
MarkoH01: If you are able to use GOG downloader that's an alternative since those links still do work as well.
ah thanks
ElTerprise: [Desperados update]
While the native Linux version is not here yet, from a quick test it seems the new version works better in WINE than the original one. And the original one was already working quite good ;)
phaolo: I'd be ok with this, instead... if only these changes improved the installers, instead of messing them up with file chunks with wrong dates.
That's exactly the problem, useless installer updates which only make things worse. And they are in no way flagged so that you easily could skip them with some automatism.

phaolo: I've postponed updates since a while, but I'm losing hope for a fix, at this point..
I also have lost hope that they give up on this stupid installer structure. But I expect that they at least fix the file timestamps as this would be easy to do, even for GOG.
Yep, both Desperados and Postal updates are Windows-only for the time being...

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Anodyne
· Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
· POSTAL: Classic and Uncut
· Paper Sorcerer
· Papers, Please
· StarCrawlers
· System Shock™ 2

Anodyne has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_anodyne_1.0_(20606).exe *TO* setup_anodyne_1.514s_(22089).exe --- Size *FROM* 81.8 MB *TO* 81.9 MB --- Date *FROM* Tue 08 May 2018 14:24:23 GMT *TO* Mon 09 Jul 2018 09:15:09 GMT --- Version *FROM* 1.0 *TO* 1.514S

[NO CHANGELOG]

Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive has changed

>>> Supported OS changed *FROM* Windows (XP, Vista, 7) *TO* Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Audio and text: English *TO* Audio and text: German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_desperados_wanted_dead_or_alive_2.0.0.6.exe *TO* setup_desperados_wanted_dead_or_alive_1.0-thqn_(21996).exe --- Size *FROM* 575.7 MB *TO* 1.6 GB --- Date *FROM* Thu 21 Nov 2013 14:54:40 GMT *TO* Fri 06 Jul 2018 18:44:17 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0-THQN

[CHANGELOG ADDED]
Update (10 July 2018)

- Added Demo level
- Reworked the whole core technology of the game to work well on modern systems

Languages added:
- Main game: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, English
- Demo mission: French, German, Spanish, English
(Full changelog)

POSTAL: Classic and Uncut has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_postal_1.0_-_28.11.2016_(9399).exe *TO* setup_postal_classic_and_uncut_1.0_-_05.07.2018_(21993).exe --- Size *FROM* 138.3 MB *TO* 292.6 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Jan 2017 15:42:25 GMT *TO* Thu 05 Jul 2018 09:16:17 GMT --- Version *FROM* 1.0 *TO* 1.0 - 05.07.2018

[CHANGELOG ADDED]
Patch 1.0 - 05.07.2018 (10 July 2018)

- This is a Windows only update
- Added new mouse aim controls (with option to toggle 'classic mouse')
- Added levels 'Tokyo' and 'Osaka', from Japan-exclusive release
- Added option for Japanese audio, from Japan-exclusive release
- Restored 'Santa Patch' content (activates around Christmas time)
- Restored Multiplayer modes (only works over LAN)
- Restored 'Coat Color' option
- Added slider for changing frequency of NPC 'pain' audio
- Added Level Select menu
- Restored Challenge Mode selection
- Added new Campaign options
- Restored 'Demo' mode
- Improved presentation of ending cutscene
- Fixed 'Crosshair' toggle option
- Added annual mystery surprise
- Lots of 'under-the-hood' changes and improvements
(Full changelog)

Paper Sorcerer has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2)

* File removed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2)

* File added: Windows installer, English --- Name: setup_paper_sorcerer_2.5_(21323).exe --- Size: 178.8 MB --- Date: Thu 07 Jun 2018 11:55:05 GMT --- Version: 2.5

Not a real update, it simply fixes the duplication error from last week

[NO CHANGELOG]

Papers, Please has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Windows installer, English --- Name: setup_papers_please_1.1.65_(21323).exe --- Size: 34.8 MB --- Date: Thu 07 Jun 2018 11:32:41 GMT --- Version: 1.1.65

[NO CHANGELOG]

StarCrawlers has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Patch (v1.0.3.2 to v1.0.3.3)

* File removed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 4)

* File removed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 4)

* File removed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 4)

* File removed: Windows installer, English (part 4 of 4)

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Name: setup_starcrawlers_v1.1.1_(64bit)_(21852).exe --- Size: 769.1 KB --- Date: Fri 29 Jun 2018 12:59:26 GMT --- Version: v1.1.1

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Name: setup_starcrawlers_v1.1.1_(64bit)_(21852)-1.bin --- Size: 913.3 MB --- Date: Fri 29 Jun 2018 12:59:22 GMT --- Version: v1.1.1

* File added: Windows installer, English 32-bit (part 1 of 2) --- Name: setup_starcrawlers_v1.1.1_(32bit)_(21852).exe --- Size: 768.8 KB --- Date: Fri 29 Jun 2018 12:59:03 GMT --- Version: v1.1.1

* File added: Windows installer, English 32-bit (part 2 of 2) --- Name: setup_starcrawlers_v1.1.1_(32bit)_(21852)-1.bin --- Size: 911.2 MB --- Date: Fri 29 Jun 2018 12:58:59 GMT --- Version: v1.1.1

Not a real update, it simply fixes the nomenclature error from last week

[NO CHANGELOG]

System Shock™ 2 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_system_shock_2_2.46_update_3(a)_(20822).exe *TO* setup_system_shock_2_2.47_nd_(22087).exe --- Size *FROM* 509.0 MB *TO* 509.0 MB (-61.2 KB) --- Date *FROM* Thu 17 May 2018 14:33:03 GMT *TO* Mon 09 Jul 2018 07:15:46 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.46 Update 3 (A) *TO* 2.47 ND

* File changed: Windows installer, German --- Name *FROM* setup_system_shock_2_2.46_update_3(a)_(german)_(20822).exe *TO* setup_system_shock_2_2.47_nd_(german)_(22087).exe --- Size *FROM* 507.9 MB *TO* 507.8 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 17 May 2018 14:33:20 GMT *TO* Mon 09 Jul 2018 07:16:03 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.46 Update 3 (A) *TO* 2.47 ND

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 2.47 ND (10 July 2018)

- updated core files to 2.47
- ops4 now has a proper multiplayer respawn point, so should a player die before activating the QBR machine, they will respawn in the bulkhead instead of the game exiting to the main menu
- squashed a few more rogue props on a couple of objects
- restored the (delightful) worm consumption sound when healing from piles of worms
- fixed a few typos in filenames that were causing a few object textures to not load properly
- fixed that broken animation that would sometimes snap NPC hands and heads around in the Happy Noodle bar
(Full changelog)
Good news for Linux users waiting on Desperados -

Sundered:

- The Linux installer is now also up to date :-)
Objects in Space

#### Patch 0.9.3 (10 July 2018)

##### Alterations:

* Sensor objects that haven’t been detected in 2 minutes now get removed automatically.
* The SS Tchaikovsky no longer hails you unless you approach it.

##### General:

* Fixed a crash when hacking certain kinds of ships.
* Fixed a crash when a slot with an addon but no component was selected under certain circumstances.
* Fixed a crash when mooring with some cargo pods.
* Fixed a crash when jumping away from a sector with a synthetic object in it.
* Fixed a crash when closing a module and opening another one where a now-invalid slot number was selected.
* Some components were inaccurately listed as damaged on the main engineering screen, even when they weren’t.
* Stopped dropping out of time compression when a weapon was fired in the sector, instead only doing it when you DETECT a weapon near you.
* Time compression wasn’t being cancelled correctly when a pirate threatens the player.
* Fixed a bug where you could always upgrade pods even if you didn’t have the money.
* Relocated Aki Hasagawa so she doesn’t conflict with the Fernando Gutierrez.

##### Windows:

* Fixed a bug where “Hours Left” sometimes showed as random garbled numbers.
* Fixed a bug where the “Heading” section on the sensor screen was sometimes garbled for certain ships.
Hellmut: The Badass from Hell

#### Patch 1.3.1 (10 July 2018)

* We have released version 1.3.1. It fixes some issues, namely:

* Accidentally removed traps and minibosses from previous version
* Simplified some ingame interactions
* Updated Main Menu to allow more gameplay modes (upcoming :))
* Tutorial optional and accessible from Main Menu
* Increased HP of Gargoyle miniboss
* Fixed Giant Ear laser beam sometimes showing incorrect directions
* Fixed some issues with the final bossfight
* Fixed some sound effects
* Fixed issue with not saving Red Soulstones after leaving the game
* Fixed some minor issues

* Have fun and watch out for upcoming new gameplay mode and new minigame!

#### Patch 1.3 (10 July 2018)

##### New Party Mode

* A new mode that tracks local runs with a seperate leaderboard. Can be used for tournaments or to see who is the best between your friends.

##### New Red Soulstones

* These are exactly like the Blue Soulstones, except when you die, you don’t lose them! Red Soulstones are persistent throughout your gameplays. They are capped at 50.

##### New Death Graves

* When you start a new run, there is a chance that you’ll come across a crossed grave (no pun intended). You can hover over these, press the Use button, and collect a percentage of your lost coins from your previous run.

##### Interactive Barrels

* You are now able to pick up all barrels while next to them. Simply press the Use button, aim, and fire! Hurl them towards demons and watch as they explode and do all the hard work for you!
* New Nuclear Barrel. Be careful though. With great power, comes great explosions (and radiation).

##### Updated Transformation Wheel

* The Transformation Wheel will now show the health of your mutants.
* Better controls when navigating the wheel.

##### Updated Start Room

* The Start Room has been redesigned to be more consistent and intuitive.

##### Added Extra Effects

* Destruction particles have been improved, as well as some other tiny details.

##### Bug fixes

* Too many to type. It’s an ongoing process. We blame the demons…
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

#### Update 7 (10 July 2018)

* Slowdowns caused by blur effects
* Fast forwarding during cutscenes / event scenes should be smoother
* Map shadows
* Additional stability improvements
* Additional performance improvements in various areas
* Additional text bugs
muntdefems: Paper Sorcerer has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Windows installer, English --- Name: setup_paper_sorcerer_2.5_(21323).exe --- Size: 178.8 MB --- Date: Thu 07 Jun 2018 11:55:05 GMT --- Version: 2.5

The installer has changed, a lovely in-place update, without increasing the build number:
- old:
188108784 2018-06-07 11:26 setup_paper_sorcerer_2.5_(21323).exe
- new:
187484584 2018-06-07 11:55 setup_paper_sorcerer_2.5_(21323).exe
Post edited July 10, 2018 by eiii
eiii: The installer has changed, a lovely in-place update, without increasing the build number:
- old:
188108784 2018-06-07 13:26 setup_paper_sorcerer_2.5_(21323).exe
- new:
187484584 2018-06-07 13:55 setup_paper_sorcerer_2.5_(21323).exe
True. I didn't realize the sizes were different, thanks!