The Universim [InDev]
Patch V0.0.40.30701 (31 March 2020) - Part I
Updated and Upgraded Residential Areas
- Now that’s how you renovate! These new residential areas are far prettier than before. We’ve spent a tremendous amount of time improving how residential buildings are constructed and appear in the game. Every building now has a story to tell. Look closely and you’ll see just how different they are! We hope you love them as much as we do.
- Woah, woah! Hold on! We haven’t implemented roads yet, but we wanted to drop you a small update on what’s been going on behind the scenes. As you know, roads have been in heavy development for some time now. The fact that the planet is round and lacks a level construction grid for roadworks makes this system quite complicated. But, the good news is, after numerous sleepless nights and rapid hair loss, we figured it out!
- Roads aren’t just going to be cosmetic, they’re going to play an important role in society. They’ll increase Nugget movement speeds across the board, which means we have to factor this into the pathfinding solution. Phew, this is some complex stuff! However, we’re making good progress and we hope to let you play with it soon. For now, here’s a sneak peek:
- Okay, get excited again! Bridges are now available in the game, you can truss us. They will help connect Nugget nations together and create shorter paths across previously impassable terrain. The first bridges will be unlocked in the Medieval Era, giving you a useful pathway across water sources and offering Nuggets a speed boost.
Memory usage optimization
- We reduced memory usage by a whopping 20%! Here, take it. It only took us 3 weeks to get it working :/.
- Sound optimization and fixing
- Unity’s audio system is a mess, which means we’ve had to work hard to improve overall sound processing and overhaul our own in-game sound system. If all is well, you shouldn’t get any more weird sounds or clipping issues during your playthrough.
- Save system rework
- We unfortunately still aren’t able to offer backwards compatibility with older saves, due in large part to the sheer amount of changes and new content that ships with every update (changing something like the position of a research item in the research tree can break the game if you already have it unlocked). Keeping track of so many procedural objects and systems while accounting for backwards compatibility will require a massive effort, which we feel is better placed in more exciting content. But, we’re still tinkering with the save system and making constant improvements. The new rework will enable us to save multiple planets that’ll be coming in the full release. Get hyped!
- Improved underground resources display when placing mines and wells
- New Residential System
- Pre-Medieval Glass Factory
- Medieval Cement Factory
- Reworked save system for future proofing
- Medieval Bridge Modern Bridge
- Camera Controls improvements
Not in the build but being worked on:
- HyperLoop Roads Organic simulation on planets Alien planets Rovers
Improvements and balance changes
- Rebalanced and slightly reworked Research Tree
- Rebalanced all the building costs
- Improved performance related to resource piles
- Amount of oxygen provided by parks was increased:
- Big Park 3 -> 10
- Medium Park 2 -> 7
- Small Park 1 -> 5
- Depleted resources icons for Mines were added
- Reworked blur shader used on pause, ESC menu, etc.
- Reworked audio system
- Boxes during trading received tooltips for each resource
- Trading can be initiated at any point of time by clicking on an Exile building
- Wolves will no longer attack every winter
- Fiber Factory and Carbon Factory were removed from the game
- Drastically improved all transportation requests and building prioritization
- Status icons for building upgrades above buildings will fade in / fade out instead of constantly staying on the screen
- When you place a building, a new hint will appear displaying the rotation buttons of the building
- Increased the cost of the Change Season Creator Power
- Stone Wells have additional slots unlocked at the start
- Increased Well refill speed
- Increased speed of water generation in Eatery
- Additional Police Slot is unlocked
- Additional Engineer slot is unlocked for the modern age
- Additional slots for the Prison and Rehabilitation unlocked
- Medium-sized park is unlocked via Research perk
- Decreased the amount of underground resources on the planet
- Rebalanced the amount of materials needed to produce cement, chemicals, fuel, steel
- Eateries received additional capacity for customers
- Unlocked additional capacity in Hospitals
- Fishing hut boat capacity now improved with each Fishing Hut level
- Engineers received an improved bonus to their strength that influences their repair speed
- Reworked the building decay mechanic. Currently all buildings across all ages will be decaying at the same speed.
- Improved Nugget response related to thirst. Nuggets will constantly check for available water in Wells and Eateries while moving towards the lake.
- Couriers Hut received additional slots
- Twitch option to grant PP points to viewers
- Twitch option for allowing viewers to get a job
- Increased the amount of water on the planet
- Added the ability to prioritize multiple construction sites
- Further improved pathfinding for Nuggets. Now pathfinding will correctly update with the changes in the world, such as blocked paths or raised terrain caused by a building.
- Police, hunters and guards will now protect your civilization from wolf attacks and Exile attacks.
- Added the ability to click on Nugget names in the News Panel.
- Improved outdated tooltips
- Improved clouds system
- Added shadows for the clouds (they can be turned off in the settings)
- Added an option to control Camera Speed when the Shift button is pressed.
- Archive is no longer destroyed by outside forces ( Tornado, Exile attack etc.), it still can be demolished manually.
- Improved Engineers. Now they fix everything faster
- Decay rate of the buildings is standardized across all ages. Buildings will decay with the same speed.
UI and Art:
- Amount of stars in the sky increased
- New Stone Age Residential blocks
- New Medieval Residential blocks
- Modern Age Buildings - a lot
- Ground decals for stone age residential buildings.