It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Treasure: Geneforge 1
Rixasha: Hey, nice! I gave up on this a couple of years ago because a part of the text on the right was always cut off. Glad to see that it works now.
That bug has been fixed since Wine 1.9.17: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26365 :)
muntdefems: Game: Bad Mojo Redux
You didn't have any issues with white squares/artifacting/graphical corruption, or issues with the FMV sequences? IIRC the game had some major problems with that in WINE.
muntdefems: Game: Bad Mojo Redux
rampancy: You didn't have any issues with white squares/artifacting/graphical corruption, or issues with the FMV sequences? IIRC the game had some major problems with that in WINE.
Nope, everything's dandy (see attached images). Plus, if WineHQ's to believe, the game obtained a Platinum rating as far back as Wine version 1.2.3, so maybe you're thinking of another game?
Attachments:
fmv.jpg (403 Kb)
ingame.jpg (342 Kb)
Game: Eador: Genesis
Installer MD5:
8e98349143c89d33e7713d611df89648 setup_eador_genesis_2.0.0.5.exe
dec95421002ab4d7e0b4e9e73fa97473 patch_eador_-_genesis_2.0.2.7.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: N/A

Distro: Arch Linux 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.9.7-1
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary, v375.26
Wine version tested: Wine v2.0 Staging

Installation: Without issue (both the installer and the patch) on a clean 64-bit prefix.

How well does it run: Seemingly perfect, but the game launches on windowed mode by default. To enable fullscreen, edit the Eador.cfg file in the game folder:

Windowed (0 - off/1 - on): 0
(Thanks Gydion for the tip!)
Post edited February 08, 2017 by muntdefems
Game: Inquisitor
Installer MD5: 2fa4fb1c92867763d0d48b3cf7f87cd9 setup_inquisitor_2.2.0.15.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=14483

Distro: Arch Linux 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.9.7-1
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary, v375.26

Installation: Without issue on a clean 64-bit prefix.

How well does it run: Seemingly perfect. I played for about 20 minutes and the two only issues I experienced were an exaggerated mouse acceleration and having to position the mouse pointer on the exact pixel before being able to pick up something from the floor (although both of these issues are surely not due to Wine).
Post edited February 08, 2017 by muntdefems
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Cultures
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.1-1 via PlayOnLinux
Is this actually a Staging engine?

muntdefems: Game: Eador: Genesis

Installation: Without issue (both the installer and the patch) on a clean 64-bit prefix.

How well does it run: Seemingly perfect, but the game launches on windowed mode and it can't be turned fullscreen with the in-game options.
I also own this, but had no issues launching fullscreen. 32-bit Wine, not Staging, and one of the RC builds.

Edit: Actually, that's wrong. Forgot, I edited the Eador.cfg
Windowed (0 - off/1 - on): 0
in the game folder for fullscreen.
Post edited February 08, 2017 by Gydion
JudasIscariot: I actually ran a regression test from Wine 2.0 to 1.7.24 and nothing came up, I tried rebuilding 1.9.3 and nothing changed. Only when I went back and downloaded version 1.7.24 from Arch's wayback archive did the game display the graphics properly.
If you build 1.7.24 yourself does it work or is it only that old Arch build that's compiled with some static libs?
Treasure: Game: Geneforge 1
Wine version tested: 2.0-staging(x86) via PlayOnLinux 4.2.10
Entry looks good, thanks. One thing, well two, did you have CSMT enabled (not that the game needs it)? The (x86), while fine, isn't required. 64-bit, if used, is required to be listed.
muntdefems: And another one:

Game: Inquisitor
How well does it run: Seemingly perfect. I played for about 20 minutes and the two only issues I experienced were an exaggerated mouse acceleration and having to position the mouse pointer on the exact pixel before being able to pick up something from the floor (although both of these issues are surely not due to Wine).
Are those known issues under Windows? Believe there have been some mouse accel problems in the past.
Also, minor style quibble: extra comments are fine, but if you could put them at the end of the post instead of the beginning...
Post edited February 08, 2017 by Gydion
muntdefems: Game: Eador: Genesis
there seems to be an unofficial Linux port of the game:
https://www.gog.com/forum/eador_series/eador_unofficial_patch_2015/post10

might be worth checking out :)
rampancy: You didn't have any issues with white squares/artifacting/graphical corruption, or issues with the FMV sequences? IIRC the game had some major problems with that in WINE.
muntdefems: Nope, everything's dandy (see attached images). Plus, if WineHQ's to believe, the game obtained a Platinum rating as far back as Wine version 1.2.3, so maybe you're thinking of another game?
I realize I was thinking about the issues referenced on the GOG forums in these threads:

https://www.gog.com/forum/bad_mojo_redux/running_bad_mojo_redux_in_linux
https://www.gog.com/forum/bad_mojo_redux/oblig_does_it_work_in_wine_thread

But if those problems have been all cleared up, then there's no reason for me not to buy it at the current sale price!
Did anyone notice? Recently, PlayOnLinux stopped working for me (Debian testing). It doesn't launch anything, and I can't even install a new Wine version in it. Possibly some Debian specific regression, but I can't figure out what it is.
shmerl: Did anyone notice? Recently, PlayOnLinux stopped working for me (Debian testing). It doesn't launch anything, and I can't even install a new Wine version in it. Possibly some Debian specific regression, but I can't figure out what it is.
works here without a problem.
Game: Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete
Installer MD5: 0ca15b58d8b5b9f4463b4706b896edef
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20593
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/civilization-iii-complete
Distro: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (64-bit)
Kernel version: Build 10K549
Graphics card: GMA 950 (64 MB)
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested:
wine-staging 2.0-rc5 (2.0 hours) via Wineskin (CSMT Enabled)

Winetricks Needed: directx9

Install Notes: Use Civ3Conquests.exe to launch the game. If/When the game initially locks up after the opening cutscene, hit ESC to quit the game. This allows for the game to auto-generate the conquests.ini file. Open the file (in C: GOG Games/Civilization III Complete/Conquests) with the text editor of your choice. Add PlayIntro=0. To play at your native resolution, also add KeepRes=1, otherwise the game will play at 1024x768.

How Well Does It Run: Almost perfectly, except for minor sound bugs like the repeating hawk sound (the AppDB entry for the Complete Edition has a fix). The game was tested with and works fine with both CSMT and the Native Mac Driver enabled. The Worldwide mod was also tested and works without any issue.

Earlier post: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread_v1173/post546)
Post edited February 10, 2017 by rampancy
Game: Sid Meier's Civilization IV Complete
Installer MD5:
setup_civilization4_complete_2.0.0.4.exe = 8ddc5e0129d216cb397e8da5f95a8c92
setup_civilization4_complete_2.0.0.4-1.bin = dbf971c1acbad3648697c7c343f14aad

WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10158
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/civilization-iv
Distro: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (64-bit)
Kernel version: Build 10K549
Graphics card: GMA 950 (64 MB)
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested:
wine-staging 2.0-rc5 (2.0 hours) via Wineskin (CSMT Enabled)

Winetricks Needed: vcrun6 msxml3 msxml4 directx9 dotnet11 dotnet11sp1 vcrun2003 quartz devenum vcrun6sp6 corefonts tahoma UseGLSL=disable

Install Notes:
1. In winecfg, set the following overrides for the .dlls named:
"gameux" (disabled)
"msvcr71" (native)
"msxml3r" (native)

2. To fix font rendering issues, also be sure to copy (not move) sylfaen.ttf from "C:/GOG Games/Civilization IV Complete/Civ4/Assets/res/Fonts" to "C:/windows/Fonts/"

3. To fix issues with the cursor in the menu in fullscreen, navigate to the folder "C:/GOG Games/Civilization IV Complete/Civ4/Assets/res/Cursors" within Terminal.app. Then copy and paste the following line:

mkdir backup ; cp *.ani backup/ ; rm -v *.ani ; cp backup/Pointer.ani Pointer.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Airbomb.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Airlift.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Airstrike.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Build.ani ; cp Pointer.ani BuildLarge.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Claim.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Deplete.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Edit.ani ; cp Pointer.ani EMP.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Found.ani ; cp Pointer.ani GoTo.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Grip.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Link.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Mine.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Move.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Mutiny.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Nuke.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Ping.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Rebase.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Recon.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Repair.ani ; cp Pointer.ani RouteTo.ani ; cp Pointer.ani 'Size All.ani' ; cp Pointer.ani 'Size Diagonal 1.ani' ; cp Pointer.ani 'Size Diagonal 2.ani' ; cp Pointer.ani 'Size H.ani' ; cp Pointer.ani 'Size V.ani' ; cp Pointer.ani 'Split H.ani' ; cp Pointer.ani 'Split V.ani' ; cp Pointer.ani Stasis.ani ; cp Pointer.ani Waiting.ani

4. Edit CivilizationIV.ini in "~/Documents/My Games/Civ4". Make the following .ini edits:

; Enable voice over IP capture and playback
EnableVoice = 0

; Specify whether to play in fullscreen mode 0/1/ask
FullScreen = 1

; Set to 1 for no intro movie
NoIntroMovie = 1

; Disable caching of file system (may slow initialization)
DisableFileCaching = 1

; Disable caching of xml and file system (may slow initialization)
DisableCaching = 1

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Move along
CheatCode = chipotle

; Custom Screen Height, minimum: 768 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when set to 0
ScreenHeight = *

; Custom Screen Width, minimum: 1024 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when set to 0
ScreenWidth = *

*Adjust these values to fit your screen; N.B. The Mac OS X menubar is 20 pixels tall.

How Well Does It Run: With the Native Mac Driver and CSMT enabled, the game works very well, with only occaisional jerkiness (the game is known to become extremely sluggish when playing large maps with a high number of AI opponents on underpowered hardware such as this). All of the game's basic single-player functions work as expected; mods have not been tested.

The only issue I've encountered is that the 3D models for world leaders when viewed in the diplomacy screens are rendered entirely black. (But I'm more willing to chalk that up to my limited graphics hardware.)

(Many thanks to z0b13 on the Civilization Fanatics Centre for posting the comprehensive instructions that I've condensed here.)

Earlier Post: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread_v1173/post547
Post edited February 10, 2017 by rampancy