Speaking of that, dunno if i did the whole WINMM.dll for Pandemonium 2 correctly but i did something like this:
1. Copied the winmm.dll from game folder to the system32 one - Didn't work
2. Add winmm.dll library at winecfg via PlayOnLinux and set it to built-in,native and then native,built-in - Didn't work
3. Did the 1st and 2nd one - Music does not work
I've ran into issues with the GOG supplied winmm.dll in the past; IIRC (from what I recall reading on WineHQ AppDB bug reports, like the one referenced by <span class="bold">immi101</span>
) the issues stem from interference between WINE's built-in winmm.dll and the winmm.dll that GOG includes in many of its games.
I largely fixed those problems on my WINE games by doing the following:
1) Change the file name of winmm.dll (in your game's install folder) to win32.dll
2) Search for "winmm.dll" in any other .dll files in your game's install folder (e.g. using grep, etc.)
3) Open the relevent .dll files in a hex editor (you can also use a text editor too, but a hex editor is best) and change each and every reference to winmm.dll to win32.dll.
I got this tip from herecomesthe2000
in their instructions to get the Win versions of X-Wing and TiE-Fighter (as well as XWA and XvT) working with full music in WINE under OS X. I've also discovered that this also works with alot of other games that have problems with winmm.dll (e.g. music not working). I know this works with Konung 1 and 2 for example, and I think I also used this trick to get music working in Uprising 1 and 2.
EDIT: Ninja'd by immi101
What is the protocol on updating/providing a different version of a report?
we just post a new report here and Gydion
will update the links on this thread's first page to the most recent report or will ask for clarification if needed before doing so.
It isn't required, but I think it's a good idea to add a link to the previous report. adamhm
has been doing a great job. I think a linked list connecting all the reports for a game would be nice.
On that note, are you okay with me posting reports for games that other people have already reported on? IIRC I have noted that I've seen dupes for games in the past, both on this thread and on the other thread. I'm asking since I'd like to post a report on how I got Civ III working on OS X.