It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gydion: ...
Arch automatically installs x86_64 versions of packages when you're using a 64-bit system, and 64-bit Wine automatically uses 64-bit prefixes. You have to specify 32-bit with WINEARCH=win32.

Anyway, I've edited my post a bit. Thank you for your suggestions. :)
Game: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Installer MD5:
9962e94dabb07411a066c95efb4b78a4 setup_sw_kotor_2.0.0.3.exe
2c2cc27ee410948b417f8fa30d0c9201 setup_sw_kotor_2.0.0.3.bin

WineHQ AppDB: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1980

Distro: Arch Linux 64-bit
Kernel: 4.8.13-1-ARCH
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition
Graphics driver: xf86-video-ati 7.8.0-1 (Open Source), mesa 13.0.2-2
Wine: 1.9.23 (Staging+CSMT), older and non-staging versions work fine as well

Install notes:
The installation of the vanilla game itself is quite straightforward, no additional winetricks or anything else needed. The game doesn't have native widescreen support though, so it gets a bit more complicated. I've written up a detailed guide below.

How well does it run?
Good, very good/perfect after a bit of tinkering.

Details:
01. Install the base game as usual (I recommend a separate prefix for every game as a general rule; 64-bit and 32-bit prefixes both work perfectly). I've used wine-staging with CSMT enabled for all of my playthroughs, but vanilla Wine should work fine too. The installation may take a while, don't worry.
02. Follow this guide and use the UniWS patcher to enable your desired widescreen resolution.
03. To fix the now stretched HUD in the game, don't forget to download the correct package for your desired resolution from the same site.
04. In order to make the new resolution work, you will have to edit the swkotor.ini file in the main directory of the game, and alter the respective lines for width and height.
05. Emulate a virtual desktop per winecfg with your desired resolution.
06. In the game, disable the options Frame Buffer Effects, Soft Shadows and Grass to prevent crashes.

Note 1: If you happen to use a .deb-based system (for example Debian or Linux Mint), then this excellent script by vv221 can make things a lot easier for you.
Note 2: Similarly to the second game of the series, there is a patch/mod for this game which restores some content that didn't make it into the game at the time of release: . Unlike KotOR II, the first game doesn't suffer from major problems in its vanilla state, so this mod isn't mandatory like [url=http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/578-tsl-restored-content-mod/]TSLRCM is for KotOR II. I still highly recommend it, at the very least for second-time players.
Post edited January 04, 2017 by Urnoev
rampancy: I tried it several months ago back when they last had the Enlight games on a steep discount in one of the earlier 1.9.xx builds of vanilla WINE. Both Seven Kingdoms 2 and Capitalism 2 suffered from severe screen redraw issues; in Seven Kingdoms 2 especially, the game would run, but the menu would have corrupted/pixellated graphics and be completely unresponsive.
Thanks for the report! I guess I stay away from it for now.
rampancy: I tried it several months ago back when they last had the Enlight games on a steep discount in one of the earlier 1.9.xx builds of vanilla WINE. Both Seven Kingdoms 2 and Capitalism 2 suffered from severe screen redraw issues; in Seven Kingdoms 2 especially, the game would run, but the menu would have corrupted/pixellated graphics and be completely unresponsive.
eiii: Thanks for the report! I guess I stay away from it for now.
I also tried to port the Seven Kingdoms 2 for Mac, but had no luck. Same issue as described above.

Capitalism 2 has a native Mac Version you can find in the App Store.

If you run Linux I have no idea. ;)
Urnoev: Anyway, I've edited my post a bit. Thank you for your suggestions. :)
Rather thank you for the reports and updated.
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Odallus - The Dark Call
Installer MD5: e82f2380b0fed4f2de62db4fdd98217d setup_odallus_the_dark_call_2.5.0.7.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17036
CodeWeavers link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.7.6-1 Zen
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT240M
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.98-1
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.20 via PlayOnLinux

Install notes: None
How well does it run:Almost Perfectly
Details:

*The screen will flicker in a split-second in each screen load, beside the main game.

*The opening sequence will be out of focus, thus you need to Alt+Tab back to it so the controls will work.

*Tested with Virtual desktop and CSMT enabled as well and no major issues has been found.

*The gamepad will cause the game to crash at the warning screen. Unless you disable the (event) controller type from the Control Panel. However, the keyobard keys won't work unless the controller is plugged off before running.

*Further levels weren't tested. Only the 1st level of the game with the keyboard.
Can you try the patch in this bug report? Should fix the "crash on launch if controller is plugged in" issue...
What is the protocol on updating/providing a different version of a report?
For example, this (great) one about Gothic 3.

I've installed the game recently on my system and noticed a key difference. For one, wine-staging with CSMT enabled doesn't cause me any problems, I had no significant text-rendering issues, only a tiny bit in the main menu. The game's dialogue texts and everything else are rendered fine, with any of the different fonts configurable in the main .ini.
And since CSMT enhances my game's performance by about 50%...
Urnoev: What is the protocol on updating/providing a different version of a report?
For example, this (great) one about Gothic 3.

I've installed the game recently on my system and noticed a key difference. For one, wine-staging with CSMT enabled doesn't cause me any problems, I had no significant text-rendering issues, only a tiny bit in the main menu. The game's dialogue texts and everything else are rendered fine, with any of the different fonts configurable in the main .ini.
Hi,

we just post a new report here and Gydion will update the links on this thread's first page to the most recent report or will ask for clarification if needed before doing so.

It isn't required, but I think it's a good idea to add a link to the previous report. adamhm has been doing a great job. I think a linked list connecting all the reports for a game would be nice.
vanchann: It isn't required, but I think it's a good idea to add a link to the previous report. adamhm has been doing a great job. I think a linked list connecting all the reports for a game would be nice.
Of course, updating the entries while honoring previous efforts is just natural. Besides, such older posts could contain information that helps someone. I bet the text-rendering issue, for example, is something very specific and can vary from system to system.
So, I will do that, thanks for the information. :)
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Odallus - The Dark Call
Installer MD5: e82f2380b0fed4f2de62db4fdd98217d setup_odallus_the_dark_call_2.5.0.7.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17036
CodeWeavers link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.7.6-1 Zen
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT240M
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.98-1
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.20 via PlayOnLinux

Install notes: None
How well does it run:Almost Perfectly
Details:

*The screen will flicker in a split-second in each screen load, beside the main game.

*The opening sequence will be out of focus, thus you need to Alt+Tab back to it so the controls will work.

*Tested with Virtual desktop and CSMT enabled as well and no major issues has been found.

*The gamepad will cause the game to crash at the warning screen. Unless you disable the (event) controller type from the Control Panel. However, the keyobard keys won't work unless the controller is plugged off before running.

*Further levels weren't tested. Only the 1st level of the game with the keyboard.
JudasIscariot: Can you try the patch in this bug report? Should fix the "crash on launch if controller is plugged in" issue...
I'd love to but, i've never dealt with this kind of patching before.

Speaking of that, dunno if i did the whole WINMM.dll for Pandemonium 2 correctly but i did something like this:
1. Copied the winmm.dll from game folder to the system32 one - Didn't work
2. Add winmm.dll library at winecfg via PlayOnLinux and set it to built-in,native and then native,built-in - Didn't work
3. Did the 1st and 2nd one - Music does not work
Spy_Gentleman: Speaking of that, dunno if i did the whole WINMM.dll for Pandemonium 2 correctly but i did something like this:
2. Add winmm.dll library at winecfg via PlayOnLinux and set it to built-in,native and then native,built-in - Didn't work
Never try replacing the Wine-provided winmm and never set an override for it to native only.

In most cases where a game includes its own winmm.dll just adding an override for winmm (native, builtin) should be sufficient, but in some cases you might also need to install quartz and/or devenum as well (setting compatibility for Win95/98 can also help stop related crashes with some older games). And there are also a few cases where it won't work at all yet.
Spy_Gentleman: Speaking of that, dunno if i did the whole WINMM.dll for Pandemonium 2 correctly but i did something like this:
adamhm: Never try replacing the Wine-provided winmm and never set an override for it to native only.

In most cases where a game includes its own winmm.dll just adding an override for winmm (native, builtin) should be sufficient, but in some cases you might also need to install quartz and/or devenum as well (setting compatibility for Win95/98 can also help stop related crashes with some older games). And there are also a few cases where it won't work at all yet.
Aight here is a report. Setting winmm to native,builtin results the game to crash. Setting compatibility to Win95/98 didn't help and installing quartz,devenum,dsound and directmusic didn't do anything.
adamhm: Never try replacing the Wine-provided winmm and never set an override for it to native only.

Spy_Gentleman: Aight here is a report. Setting winmm to native,builtin results the game to crash.
that sounds like this bug:
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37983

did you try that game with wine-staging ?
Urnoev: I've installed the game recently on my system and noticed a key difference. For one, wine-staging with CSMT enabled doesn't cause me any problems, I had no significant text-rendering issues, only a tiny bit in the main menu. The game's dialogue texts and everything else are rendered fine, with any of the different fonts configurable in the main .ini.
It's possible that different GPU/drivers affects it, or the issue might fixed in a newer Wine version.

I quickly re-tested just now with Wine Staging 1.9.23 (waiting for PlayOnLinux to add newer releases) but still have the text rendering issue. The main menus etc. aren't affected as much - it's mainly item descriptions/details that are the worst affected; see the attached screenshots. It's nowhere near as bad with CrossOver 16 though.
Spy_Gentleman: Aight here is a report. Setting winmm to native,builtin results the game to crash. Setting compatibility to Win95/98 didn't help and installing quartz,devenum,dsound and directmusic didn't do anything.
Just downloaded & tested it myself (fresh prefix, only tested starting a new game).

With Wine Staging 1.9.23 Adding an override for winmm (native, builtin) gets music working but causes a crash when you start a new game. With Wine 1.9.24 it crashes immediately if an override for winmm is added. I was unable to resolve those crashes.

However with CrossOver it appears to work just fine with the override. It's possible the bug has been fixed in later versions of Wine (CrossOver 16 is based on Wine 2.0-rc1 - 1.9.24 is the most recent version I can test with POL atm) or there's a fix implemented in CrossOver that isn't available in Wine/Wine Staging yet.
Attachments:
text1.jpg (88 Kb)
text2.jpg (144 Kb)
Post edited December 20, 2016 by adamhm
Urnoev: I've installed the game recently on my system and noticed a key difference. For one, wine-staging with CSMT enabled doesn't cause me any problems, I had no significant text-rendering issues, only a tiny bit in the main menu. The game's dialogue texts and everything else are rendered fine, with any of the different fonts configurable in the main .ini.
adamhm: It's possible that different GPU/drivers affects it, or the issue might fixed in a newer Wine version.

I quickly re-tested just now with Wine Staging 1.9.23 (waiting for PlayOnLinux to add newer releases) but still have the text rendering issue. The main menus etc. aren't affected as much - it's mainly item descriptions/details that are the worst affected; see the attached screenshots. It's nowhere near as bad with CrossOver 16 though.
Spy_Gentleman: Aight here is a report. Setting winmm to native,builtin results the game to crash. Setting compatibility to Win95/98 didn't help and installing quartz,devenum,dsound and directmusic didn't do anything.
adamhm: Just downloaded & tested it myself (fresh prefix, only tested starting a new game).

With Wine Staging 1.9.23 Adding an override for winmm (native, builtin) gets music working but causes a crash when you start a new game. With Wine 1.9.24 it crashes immediately if an override for winmm is added. I was unable to resolve those crashes.

However with CrossOver it appears to work just fine with the override. It's possible the bug has been fixed in later versions of Wine (CrossOver 16 is based on Wine 2.0-rc1 - 1.9.24 is the most recent version I can test with POL atm) or there's a fix implemented in CrossOver that isn't available in Wine/Wine Staging yet.
I have Wine 2.0-rc1 installed and appearently it crashes on startup. So CrossOver has a fix which is not in WINE.