It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Spy_Gentleman: I have Wine 2.0-rc1 installed and appearently it crashes on startup. So CrossOver has a fix which is not in WINE.
If you are being literal this is your first major problem. As you can see from the linked bug report the status is STAGED. The winmm-Delay_Import_Depends patch is currently only available in Staging builds. You need Staging 2.0-rc1 or whatever version to use the override. If it still crashes after that it's a different issue, a regression, etc.

vanchann: It isn't required, but I think it's a good idea to add a link to the previous report. adamhm has been doing a great job. I think a linked list connecting all the reports for a game would be nice.
Urnoev: Of course, updating the entries while honoring previous efforts is just natural. Besides, such older posts could contain information that helps someone. I bet the text-rendering issue, for example, is something very specific and can vary from system to system.
I don't remember if I mentioned anything before, but I always like the idea of linking to the previous version of the report.
Post edited December 21, 2016 by Gydion
Game: KKND Xtreme
Installer MD5: b3bea404684998609d7d5eb32dc8ee48 setup_kknd_xtreme_2.0.0.9.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: retail
CodeWeavers link: None
Distro: Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-53-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.98
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.8.6 via PlayOnLinux,

Install notes: Install & play.
Winetricks: Directx9 and dplay is needed *
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut from "KKNDgame.exe"
How well does it run: OKish, won't work with 1.9.* crashes after the first mission when playing thru the campaign. Selecting play mission also causes to crash, both on 1.9.* and 1.8.* versions of wine. Didn't try multiplayer

* output from winetricks list-installed
d3dx9_26
d3dx9_28
d3dx9_31
d3dx9_35
d3dx9_36
d3dx9_39
d3dx9_42
directplay
directx9
xact_jun2010
xact
xinput
JudasIscariot: Can you try the patch in this bug report? Should fix the "crash on launch if controller is plugged in" issue...
Spy_Gentleman: I'd love to but, i've never dealt with this kind of patching before.
The patching part is easy :P

Anyways, I just tested the patch and Odallus works perfect out of the box with it and so does the controller support. Soooo, provided the patch isn't just a hack, we should see it in the next Wine release after the code freeze :)
Game: F/A-18E Super Hornet
Installer MD5: bc5a6e64eb18976d92330658840cfc63 setup_f18_super_hornet_2.0.0.6.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: None
CodeWeavers link: None
Kernel version: 4.4.0-53-generic x86_64
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.8.6/2.0rc-1/1.9.24(staging)/1.6.1/1.3.31 via PlayOnLinux,

Install notes: Installs
How well does it run: Doesn't run at all tried every trick I could think of, and scoured google for answers to no avail, did find that 1.3.31 might have had a fix, but it no longer works
Spy_Gentleman: I have Wine 2.0-rc1 installed and appearently it crashes on startup. So CrossOver has a fix which is not in WINE.
Gydion: If you are being literal this is your first major problem. As you can see from the linked bug report the status is STAGED. The winmm-Delay_Import_Depends patch is currently only available in Staging builds. You need Staging 2.0-rc1 or whatever version to use the override. If it still crashes after that it's a different issue, a regression, etc.
Updated builds were made available through POL today and I tested again. Had the same result with Wine Staging 2.0-rc2 as with Wine Staging 1.9.23 so it seems the fix is only in CrossOver atm.
Gydion: If you are being literal this is your first major problem. As you can see from the linked bug report the status is STAGED. The winmm-Delay_Import_Depends patch is currently only available in Staging builds. You need Staging 2.0-rc1 or whatever version to use the override. If it still crashes after that it's a different issue, a regression, etc.
adamhm: Updated builds were made available through POL today and I tested again. Had the same result with Wine Staging 2.0-rc2 as with Wine Staging 1.9.23 so it seems the fix is only in CrossOver atm.
that's a different crash though (and presumably a different bug). It does get past the crash at startup that you see in vanilla wine (which the linked bug report is about), right?

do you have a backtrace for the crash?

another way to fix the startup crash would be to rename GOGs winmm wrapper to 'gogmm.dll' and then patch the EXE to use gogmm instead of winmm. (just look for the string 'winmm' in a hex editor for example )
Then it should start in vanilla wine as well. Though the other bug might still be there.
Post edited December 22, 2016 by immi101
te_lanus: How well does it run: Doesn't run at all tried every trick I could think of, and scoured google for answers to no avail, did find that 1.3.31 might have had a fix, but it no longer works
I had this game partially functioning with relatively recent wine versions, but the experience was not good enough to consider it playable yet. At least the menu was visible, and I got to see the cockpit.

adamhm: Game: Falcon 4.0

How well does it run: Very well
Details: Have only had a quick look at this but it seems to run very well, except that the intro video doesn't play properly (sound but no video). Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled.
For me the game breaks down soon after playing a couple of missions (tried with different wine versions and configurations). So I would suggest testing it more before assigning a rating.
Spy_Gentleman: Speaking of that, dunno if i did the whole WINMM.dll for Pandemonium 2 correctly but i did something like this:
1. Copied the winmm.dll from game folder to the system32 one - Didn't work
2. Add winmm.dll library at winecfg via PlayOnLinux and set it to built-in,native and then native,built-in - Didn't work
3. Did the 1st and 2nd one - Music does not work
I've ran into issues with the GOG supplied winmm.dll in the past; IIRC (from what I recall reading on WineHQ AppDB bug reports, like the one referenced by <span class="bold">immi101</span>) the issues stem from interference between WINE's built-in winmm.dll and the winmm.dll that GOG includes in many of its games.

I largely fixed those problems on my WINE games by doing the following:

1) Change the file name of winmm.dll (in your game's install folder) to win32.dll

2) Search for "winmm.dll" in any other .dll files in your game's install folder (e.g. using grep, etc.)

3) Open the relevent .dll files in a hex editor (you can also use a text editor too, but a hex editor is best) and change each and every reference to winmm.dll to win32.dll.

I got this tip from herecomesthe2000 in their instructions to get the Win versions of X-Wing and TiE-Fighter (as well as XWA and XvT) working with full music in WINE under OS X. I've also discovered that this also works with alot of other games that have problems with winmm.dll (e.g. music not working). I know this works with Konung 1 and 2 for example, and I think I also used this trick to get music working in Uprising 1 and 2.

EDIT: Ninja'd by immi101. :P

Urnoev: What is the protocol on updating/providing a different version of a report?
vanchann: Hi,

we just post a new report here and Gydion will update the links on this thread's first page to the most recent report or will ask for clarification if needed before doing so.

It isn't required, but I think it's a good idea to add a link to the previous report. adamhm has been doing a great job. I think a linked list connecting all the reports for a game would be nice.
On that note, are you okay with me posting reports for games that other people have already reported on? IIRC I have noted that I've seen dupes for games in the past, both on this thread and on the other thread. I'm asking since I'd like to post a report on how I got Civ III working on OS X.
Post edited December 22, 2016 by rampancy
te_lanus: Game: KKND Xtreme
I've encountered this myself, and it's disappointing to see that it still doesn't work in Wine 1.9.x. KKND2 works fine though.

Have you tried testing it in Wine 2.0?
vanchann:
rampancy: On that note, are you okay with me posting reports for games that other people have already reported on? IIRC I have noted that I've seen dupes for games in the past, both on this thread and on the other thread. I'm asking since I'd like to post a report on how I got Civ III working on OS X.
Of course it's fine. I don't reserve any rights on posting reports for any game. :-)
That's how things have been working since the beginning of the first wine thread, but thanks for asking anyway.

Even better, you test games on a platform (macOS) I don't have access, helping even more users.

Actually, you had already written some useful notes before my Civ III report and I included a link to them in that report.
Post edited December 22, 2016 by vanchann
rampancy: I've encountered this myself, and it's disappointing to see that it still doesn't work in Wine 1.9.x. KKND2 works fine though.

Have you tried testing it in Wine 2.0?
had a quick test using 2.0rc2 and runs ok, don't crash when winning stage 1, but do crash when you select "Play Mission" so same as 1.8.6
Game: Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
Installer MD5: 68a7e5b48b877ca6bf01b94aab257ddc setup_shogo_2.1.0.7.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG
CodeWeavers link: retail
Kernel version: 4.4.0-57-generic x86_64
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.0rc2-staging via PlayOnLinux,

Install notes: Install & play.
Winetricks: none used
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut from "Shogo.exe"
How well does it run: Works OK. played up to the first mission in the abandoned city, did find that the part where you run around the ship is quite jerky, but don't notice any jerkiness during the other missions. also wine will say shogo has crashed after you select "play shogo" (or something similar) but the game will still load and work. Also CSMT should not be used as it degrades the game in such a way that the game becomes unplayable. There is suppose to be sound during missions (if my memory remembers correctly, haven't used me cd in years) but that doesn't happen under wine D
Game: Tron 2.0
Installer MD5: 09e193db538556ecfc94b794dccc852f
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&amp;iId=2837
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tron-20
Distro: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (32-bit)
Kernel version: Build 10K549
Graphics card: GMA 950 (64 MB)
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.0rc-1 via Wineskin

Install notes: The installer will hang for about 10-15 minutes near the end of installation, likely due to various dependencies and .dlls that GOG's installer also installs. (As of this writing, I don't know exactly what they are.)

When installing the Killer App mod, WINE may prompt you to install its own Gecko; do so. For the first step of the patching process, try alt-tabbbing out of the installer window if the installer window for the patch isn't seen; the patch installer window may be spawned behind the main installer window.

Winetricks: vcrun6sp6 directmusic dsound UseGLSL=disable

How well does it run: Surprisingly quite well, even on hardware as old and underpowered as this. (Given that both user expectations and in-game graphical settings are adjusted accordingly.) Mouse movement may be janky; I had to enable the Native Mac Driver, or else the mouse was unusuable.

EDIT: Updated with links to ScoPezz's 32-bit 10.6-compatible Wineskin engine for Wine 2.0-rc-1 on the Porting Team forums.
Post edited December 24, 2016 by rampancy
Did anyone manage to fix terrain texture bug in Two Worlds which happens occasionally? Despite setting Strict Draw Ordering to enabled, I still get this issue in Wine (latest staging).

A workaround for it is to Alt+Tab out of the game, and open it back, but it's pretty annoying.
Post edited December 23, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: Did anyone manage to fix terrain texture bug in Two Worlds which happens occasionally? Despite setting Strict Draw Ordering to enabled, I still get this issue in Wine (latest staging).

A workaround for it is to Alt+Tab out of the game, and open it back, but it's pretty annoying.
You might want to report it to WineHQ just in case...if it isn't reported already :)