It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Whatever it is, it's missing and makes for a good point why it's best to try and run things in vanilla Wine :P
Spy_Gentleman: Found the issue and how to fix it!. The main reason why the game crashes is because it uses the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) instead of the js one. Disable the event one from the Control Panel and not only the controller will work but also the game. I've updated the summary of it.

I've used the wired Xbox 360 controller for testing.

EDIT: Turns out that by doing this, the keyboard won't respond to any keys cept from the gamepad (You can however use keyboard shortcuts). But since the game fully supports the gamepad in menus, it doesn't matter and as of the out of focus issue, you don't have to bring it back. So far i've switched to Windows 7 and then tried the Control Panel when the Windows version switching didn't work.
And just how does one disable "Microsoft Xbox-360 (event)"? I don't exactly see this when I run winecfg...

edit: found it.

For those not in the know, in order to disable Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) you have to do the following:

Run

$wine explorer.exe

in terminal.

Once the Wine Explorer window opens up, click on "My Computer", then "Control Panel" , then "Game Controllers" and there you will see the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) that you would need to disable.
Post edited October 17, 2016 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: For those not in the know, in order to disable Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) you have to do the following:

Run

$wine explorer.exe

in terminal.

Once the Wine Explorer window opens up, click on "My Computer", then "Control Panel" , then "Game Controllers" and there you will see the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) that you would need to disable.
or run

wine control

to open the "Control Panel" directly and save two clicks :p
adamhm: It looks like this issue doesn't occur in Wine, as I played from a savegame in the lower section of the hotel up to meeting Elijah using the Direct3D version a bunch of times and have never encountered the problem. I rebooted and tested it just now in Windows and encountered the bug immediately (I was unable to talk to the NPC to start the conversation which results in the door opening). The game uses its own ddraw.dll which probably has issues with newer versions of Windows.

I also just updated the report as I forgot an override (an override for winmm is needed for music playback to work).
Could you upload your save game file for the hotel so I could try it out for myself?

Last night I tried Requiem again for myself on my ancient Core Duo MacBook, and sure enough, the game ran fine-ish in vanilla 1.9.20 using your override instructions (the game needed directplay in winetricks though, for me). The UI renders just fine. I encountered the slowdowns you mentioned though, and my winelog is littered with countless "adapter: out of memory" errors (but what do you expect for a GMA 950 with 64 MB of system RAM :P)

Still, It's odd for me that a game like Requiem would have such issues, while other games running in WINE using the UT or Quake I/II engines run just fine.
Game: Quake The Offering
Installer MD5: c8acba92fca95b8ba67111fa81730141 setup_quake_the_offering_2.0.0.6.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=930
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/quake

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.7.6-1 Zen
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT240M
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.98-1
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.20 via PlayOnLinux

Install notes: None
How well does it run: Almost perfectly
Details:
*Winquake is the only thing that works, however GLQuake crashes when starting it. The log states that a broken NVIDIA RandR has been detected on my laptop
*Option settings do not save
*I have used gcdemu, the GUI version of CDEmu to mount the disk images for the music and it works.
*The music stops playing when changing the resolution
*All the expansions work.
*Dissolution Of Eternity has a minor graphical issue related to ammo icons, most likely related to the game.
*I have played the 1st levels and watched the demos.

Linux source port exists for this game and here are few of them:
Darkplaces
Quakespasm (Totaly recommended)
ezQuake (Source port mainly used for multiplayer)
Post edited October 18, 2016 by Spy_Gentleman
rampancy: Could you upload your save game file for the hotel so I could try it out for myself?
I uploaded a save here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uosm3ead54afa9/REQQUICK.sav.tar.xz?dl=0
Game: Quake 2 - Quad Damage
Installer MD5: 9bdc4b3a0fd426d1ccb2a55a46c4bf4a setup_quake2_quad_damage_2.0.0.3.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=514
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/quake-ii
Kernel version: 4.8.2-1 ARCH
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.98-2
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.20, Wine 1.9.20, Wine 1.8.0, Wine 1.7.5 via PlayOnLinux

How well does it run: Good
Details:
*Only the Software mode makes the game playable
*The music does not work
*Using the launcher by default requires you to use Launch Quake 2 LNK file, after that you have to fix it by following the guide.
*All the expansions work
*Switching to Default OpenGL causes the game to crash. Log
*The 2nd cutscene at The Reckoning will only show the black screen and no audio.

Linux source port exists for this game and here are few of them:
Yamagi Quake 2
Quake 2 Pro (Multiplayer concentrated source port)
R1Q2(As the above)
nQuake 2 (A Multiplayer starter kit which uses Quake 2 Pro source port)

The native version exists provided by Loki Software which can be found here.
Post edited October 19, 2016 by Spy_Gentleman
Game: Quake 3 Gold Edition
Installer MD5: 7fcdcf938ad2194f30aedfa58b300efc setup_quake3_2.0.0.2.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=532
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/quake-iii-arena
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.20 via PlayOnLinux

How well does it run: Perfect
Details:
*The game becomes darker a litter after running the game. But the linux desktop becomes too bright. This is common in modern systems, especially Windows.
*Tested multiple maps and no issues have been found.
*The expansion, Team Arena, works without any issues.

Linux source port exists for this game in a form of ioquake3. It is recommended to clone it from the git, set it up and then compile it, so the expansion, Team Arena, would work. Along with the ability to use the 2.0 version of OpenGL.

The native version exists provided by Loki Software.
Post edited October 22, 2016 by Spy_Gentleman
Just a few updates to already listed games.
Yesterday on Linux Mint 18 Sarah (x86_64) running wine-1.9.21 (devel) I installed:
1. Space Run: Fast and Safe Delivery
2. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
Both the games run directly alter the installation has finished. No Windows native libraries are required any more.
Post edited October 21, 2016 by vanchann
on that note:
I read that 1.9.21 supposedly fixed the longstanding bug that prevented "The Longest Journey" from working in wine.
iirc we had talked about that problem here some time ago
might be time to give the game another try ... :)
immi101: on that note:
I read that 1.9.21 supposedly fixed the longstanding bug that prevented "The Longest Journey" from working in wine.
iirc we had talked about that problem here some time ago
might be time to give the game another try ... :)
There's still another bug though :P

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31278
Game: Aquanox
Installer MD5: 511416a373c9ea8cb5e11a7aa9c85ca6 setup_aquanox_2.0.0.9.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=8864
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/aquanox
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.21 via PlayOnLinux

How well does it run: Perfect
Details:
*No issues have been found using CSMT or using the virtual desktop
*Tested the game by playing the Instant Fight and the 1st mission of the Story mode.
Post edited October 22, 2016 by Spy_Gentleman
Anyone else trying out Painkiller: Overdose? eiii has had some trouble with it, but it looks like it should work from what I've seen on the AppDB...
Game: Painkiller: Overdose
Installer's MD5: d347709b6f89f8263b1a1ebbf46e1214 setup_painkiller_overdose_2.0.0.2-1.bin
0ac8e94ceb82bec04ee7a11051911b0b setup_painkiller_overdose_2.0.0.2.exe

WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=13643&iTestingId=61456

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah x86_64
Kernel: 4.4.0-45-generic
Card: GeForce GT 330M
OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GT 330M/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96
Wine version: wine-1.9.21 (wine-devel amd64).

Install notes: Install and play, but it needs some configuration in video settings in game.

How well does it run: Perfectly with a few settings.

Details: I used a 32-bit prefix (WINEARCH=win32). Windows version should be set to Windows 7 (for Windows XP a dialog appears, which states that the game requires service pack 2 and exits).
See attached screenshots for the settings required and an ingame view.

Activating bloom seems to crash the game for me. Enabling other settings or setting them higher causes graphical glitches and artifacts. 1680x945 is the highest resolution supported by my laptop's screen. I assume it could be set higher without any issue.

I tested only the first level, and I died through it.

Note: I haven't tried it on my FreeBSD installation yet. I should check some time if the issues with wine on FreeBSD have been fixed, as my Linux disk is relatively small.

Other reports on GOG: <span class="bold">adamhm's report</span> using CrossOver and PlayOnLinux.
Attachments:
Post edited October 23, 2016 by vanchann
This can be removed since the Linux version of the game has been here for a while :)
vanchann: 1. Space Run: Fast and Safe Delivery
2. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
Both the games run directly alter the installation has finished. No Windows native libraries are required any more.
I would be happy to link to an updated report...
JudasIscariot: This can be removed since the Linux version of the game has been here for a while :)
Done.
Post edited October 22, 2016 by Gydion