It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: What error message do you get from the crash if the gamepad is plugged in?
Spy_Gentleman: The "Program Odallus.exe found a serious problem and must end the process. Sorry for the inconvenience." one. I've installed xinput and dinput. Still the same error.
Ok, but what do you get in the terminal? Usually, a component like xinput or dinput will give some error message in the terminal :)
Game: Infested Planet (+ Trickster's Arsenal DLC)
Installers' MD5: a80a094735f9e51e66f485f3ab9f29b4 setup_infested_planet_2.4.0.5.exe
c684f762dfb96d08d453b9f1d2549e8d setup_infested_planet_tricksters_arsenal_2.3.0.5.exe

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah x86_64
Kernel: 4.4.0-42-generic
Card: GeForce GT 330M
OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GT 330M/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96
Wine version: wine-1.9.20 (wine-devel amd64).

Install notes: Install and play!

How well does it run: Perfectly in windowed mode. It doesn't run in fullscreen though.
I haven't tested online features. I always play games disconnected from the Internet.
Update: I finished its story mode.

Details: When applying fullscreen settings the game is unable to draw itself on screen. If you wait 15 seconds it will be reverted to windowed mode. The first time I switched to a virtual console and kill the process, but on the next attempt I noticed that the game was not really frozen.
Update: I tested switching to fullscreen again. This time the game froze.

Window resolution may be set up to the screen's native one, so the game may run almost as fullscreen.

Note: I haven't tried it on my FreeBSD installation yet.
Post edited October 17, 2016 by vanchann
Spy_Gentleman: The "Program Odallus.exe found a serious problem and must end the process. Sorry for the inconvenience." one. I've installed xinput and dinput. Still the same error.
JudasIscariot: Ok, but what do you get in the terminal? Usually, a component like xinput or dinput will give some error message in the terminal :)
Here's the PasteBin from the Terminal:
http://pastebin.com/BFxQBEW1
It does not mention about broken NVIDIA RandR and the address when the gamepad is disconnected.
Spy_Gentleman: Here's the PasteBin from the Terminal:
Believe you want this assuming it's still current.
JudasIscariot: Ok, but what do you get in the terminal? Usually, a component like xinput or dinput will give some error message in the terminal :)
It does not mention about broken NVIDIA RandR and the address when the gamepad is disconnected.
You may also want to let POL know about this little tidbit:

/usr/share/playonlinux/lib/scripts.lib: linia 1006: lsb_release: nie znaleziono polecenia

Looks like one of their scripts is missing something (nie znaleziono polecenia = command not found for non-PL speakers :) )
JudasIscariot: You may also want to let POL know about this little tidbit:

/usr/share/playonlinux/lib/scripts.lib: linia 1006: lsb_release: nie znaleziono polecenia

Looks like one of their scripts is missing something (nie znaleziono polecenia = command not found for non-PL speakers :) )
Looks like lsb_release is not installed -- the command returns information about the distribution.
JudasIscariot: You may also want to let POL know about this little tidbit:

blakstar: Looks like lsb_release is not installed -- the command returns information about the distribution.
Whatever it is, it's missing and makes for a good point why it's best to try and run things in vanilla Wine :P
blakstar: Looks like lsb_release is not installed -- the command returns information about the distribution.
JudasIscariot: Whatever it is, it's missing and makes for a good point why it's best to try and run things in vanilla Wine :P
Found the issue and how to fix it!. The main reason why the game crashes is because it uses the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) instead of the js one. Disable the event one from the Control Panel and not only the controller will work but also the game. I've updated the summary of it.

I've used the wired Xbox 360 controller for testing.

EDIT: Turns out that by doing this, the keyboard won't respond to any keys cept from the gamepad (You can however use keyboard shortcuts). But since the game fully supports the gamepad in menus, it doesn't matter and as of the out of focus issue, you don't have to bring it back. So far i've switched to Windows 7 and then tried the Control Panel when the Windows version switching didn't work.
Post edited October 17, 2016 by Spy_Gentleman
JudasIscariot: Whatever it is, it's missing and makes for a good point why it's best to try and run things in vanilla Wine :P
Spy_Gentleman: FOUND THE ISSUE. The main reason why the game crashes is because it uses the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) instead of the js one. Disable the event one from the Control Panel and not only the controller will work but also the game. I've updated the summary of it.

EDIT: Turns out that by doing this, the keyboard won't respond to any keys cept from the gamepad (You can however use keyboard shortcuts). But since the game fully supports the gamepad in menus, it doesn't matter and as of the out of focus issue, you don't have to bring it back. So far i've switched to Windows 7 and then tried the Control Panel when the Windows version switching didn't work.
Hmm, I'd recommend trying the game with the controller plugged in and no winetricks overrides and see what happens. You may have found a bug that should be reported but it needs to be tested on a non-POL version of Wine since WineHQ does not support running Wine via POL :)
JudasIscariot: -snip-
Tested on non-POL Wine without winetricks overrides. The gamepad issue is there. But the game works without it.
adamhm: I'm using the Direct3D version, which needs the override for ddraw set before it'll work. As I mentioned in the report the 3DFX version doesn't work for me except in CrossOver (where it's unplayable due to graphical glitches instead).
shmerl: I did the override, but it doesn't work at all for me with d3d. I'll give it another try, may be latest staging Wine makes a difference.
I personally wouldn't count the Direct3D version, due to the aforementioned bug, but if you can get the game properly working each and every time you get to that point, I suppose there's something somewhere in the chain of WINE's implementation of D3D that makes this bug a non-issue.

I've been trying for weeks to get Requiem working in OS X (the 3Dfx version) and the best I could get was the game running with the ghosted UI issue that shmerl points out.
Post edited October 17, 2016 by rampancy
JudasIscariot: -snip-
Spy_Gentleman: Tested on non-POL Wine without winetricks overrides. The gamepad issue is there. But the game works without it.
Interesting. I'll have to check the game at home myself so I can see what comes up in the terminal :D
rampancy: I personally wouldn't count the Direct3D version, due to the aforementioned bug, but if you can get the game properly working each and every time you get to that point, I suppose there's something somewhere in the chain of WINE's implementation of D3D that makes this bug a non-issue.

I've been trying for weeks to get Requiem working in OS X (the 3Dfx version) and the best I could get was the game running with the ghosted UI issue that shmerl points out.
It looks like this issue doesn't occur in Wine, as I played from a savegame in the lower section of the hotel up to meeting Elijah using the Direct3D version a bunch of times and have never encountered the problem. I rebooted and tested it just now in Windows and encountered the bug immediately (I was unable to talk to the NPC to start the conversation which results in the door opening). The game uses its own ddraw.dll which probably has issues with newer versions of Windows.

I also just updated the report as I forgot an override (an override for winmm is needed for music playback to work).
rampancy: I personally wouldn't count the Direct3D version, due to the aforementioned bug, but if you can get the game properly working each and every time you get to that point, I suppose there's something somewhere in the chain of WINE's implementation of D3D that makes this bug a non-issue.

adamhm: It looks like this issue doesn't occur in Wine, as I played from a savegame in the lower section of the hotel up to meeting Elijah using the Direct3D version a bunch of times and have never encountered the problem. I rebooted and tested it just now in Windows and encountered the bug immediately (I was unable to talk to the NPC to start the conversation which results in the door opening). The game uses its own ddraw.dll which probably has issues with newer versions of Windows.

I also just updated the report as I forgot an override (an override for winmm is needed for music playback to work).
Now that's interesting.
The more reason to make a prepared WINE package available directly in the GOG-library after purchase just like with Flatout 1+2, etc... ;)
Post edited October 17, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Spy_Gentleman: Found the issue and how to fix it!. The main reason why the game crashes is because it uses the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) instead of the js one. Disable the event one from the Control Panel and not only the controller will work but also the game. I've updated the summary of it.

Hmm oddly that still doesn't work for me with a wired 360 controller. It does solve the crashing, but the controller still doesn't function.
Post edited October 17, 2016 by MikeMaximus