It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: Has anyone tried Requiem in Linux?
https://www.gog.com/game/requiem_avenging_angel
adamhm: The 3DFX version crashes and I've found no way to get that working so far, but I did manage to get the Direct3D version running after adding an override for ddraw (native, builtin). I've also had to set MouseWarpOverride to force as it doesn't capture the mouse & the "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows" setting doesn't fix it. It's probably worth setting compatibility mode for Win98 too just in case.

It seems to run well apart from some slight stuttering but according to GOG there's a bug with the Direct3D version:

In the Direct3D version, there is a game breaking bug at one point of the game. The bug occurs in a hotel area, when you go to speak with the character, Elijah. Speaking with the guard is supposed to trigger a dialogue, which results in opening the doors, however, due to the presence of this bug, the event has a high probability of not occurring. This bug is present in the Direct3D version of the game ONLY.
adamhm: Although I played up to meeting Elijah a few times (loading a savegame after the first time) and didn't encounter any problems. I've never played the game before though so maybe the bug occurs later on?
I am not sure if this is the case but you may be working around the bug with your setup. IIRC, it's effects can be seen almost immediately but don't quote me on it :)
It could just be due to newer versions of Windows causing things to break
Game: Requiem: Avenging Angel
Installer MD5: b6f717fffbe1f0d772f6272aab66f26a setup_requiem_avenging_angel_2.0.0.8.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6733
CodeWeavers link: (none yet)

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-43
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 370.28
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.20 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.3.1

Install notes: Requires override for ddraw (native, builtin) and winmm (native, builtin)
Doesn't capture the mouse even with "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows" enabled - must set MouseWarpOverride to "force".
It may not be necessary, but I set compatibility mode for Win98 just in case.
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "Requiem.exe"
If using CrossOver you'll need to create a new shortcut as GOG's shortcut points to the 3DFX version, which doesn't work in Wine (it does actually run using CrossOver but has graphical glitches).
How well does it run: Very well
Details: Played for a while, there is some stuttering that I haven't been able to resolve but it's otherwise playable and seems to run very well. Tested with virtual desktop enabled.

Watch out for a possible bug with the Direct3D version though:
In the Direct3D version, there is a game breaking bug at one point of the game. The bug occurs in a hotel area, when you go to speak with the character, Elijah. Speaking with the guard is supposed to trigger a dialogue, which results in opening the doors, however, due to the presence of this bug, the event has a high probability of not occurring. This bug is present in the Direct3D version of the game ONLY.
Source.

Although it looks like this problem does not occur in Wine - I played from a save up to that part many times while trying to see if anything helped with the stuttering and never had any problems, however I did have that problem when I tried it on my Windows install.
Post edited October 17, 2016 by adamhm
adamhm:
Thank you for the ddraw tip. And in a plus i have my desktop resolution in D3D.
adamhm: Game: Requiem: Avenging Angel
How well does it run: Very well
Are you using Glide there? It's the only thing which worked for me, and even then it's rather buggy (the UI of the HUD is messed up with ghosting).
Post edited October 16, 2016 by shmerl
I'm using the Direct3D version, which needs the override for ddraw set before it'll work. As I mentioned in the report the 3DFX version doesn't work for me except in CrossOver (where it's unplayable due to graphical glitches instead).
adamhm: I'm using the Direct3D version, which needs the override for ddraw set before it'll work. As I mentioned in the report the 3DFX version doesn't work for me except in CrossOver (where it's unplayable due to graphical glitches instead).
I did the override, but it doesn't work at all for me with d3d. I'll give it another try, may be latest staging Wine makes a difference.
I just tested with Wine 1.8.4 and 1.9.20 and it still seems to work with those versions here.
adamhm: I just tested with Wine 1.8.4 and 1.9.20 and it still seems to work with those versions here.
Well, not to be a stickler, but the latest stable Wine is at 1.8.5 or was this a check to see how far back one can go and have the game still work?
Post edited October 16, 2016 by JudasIscariot
1.8.5 isn't available via POL yet
Game: Odallus - The Dark Call
Installer MD5: e82f2380b0fed4f2de62db4fdd98217d setup_odallus_the_dark_call_2.5.0.7.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17036
CodeWeavers link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.7.6-1 Zen
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT240M
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.98-1
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.20 and Wine 2.1 via PlayOnLinux

Install notes: None
How well does it run:Almost Perfectly
Details:

*The screen will flicker in a split-second in each screen load, beside the main game.

*The opening sequence will be out of focus, thus you need to Alt+Tab back to it so the controls will work.

*Tested with Virtual desktop and CSMT enabled as well and no major issues has been found.

*The gamepad will cause the game to crash at the warning screen. Unless you disable the (event) controller type from the Control Panel. However, the keyobard keys won't work unless the controller is plugged off before running. (This step is not required if you are using Wine 2.1)

*Further levels weren't tested. Only the 1st level of the game with the keyboard.
Post edited February 04, 2017 by Spy_Gentleman
Spy_Gentleman: *The gamepad and further levels weren't tested.
I couldn't get a gamepad working with Odallus in Wine. It actually flat out wouldn't boot up if one was plugged in. This was a few staging versions back. Disappointing because it is perfect otherwise.
Spy_Gentleman: *The gamepad and further levels weren't tested.
MikeMaximus: I couldn't get a gamepad working with Odallus in Wine. It actually flat out wouldn't boot up if one was plugged in. This was a few staging versions back. Disappointing because it is perfect otherwise.
I've updated the summary and looks like there is a very small improvement, the game will run but it'll crash at the warning screen. Tested with Xbox 360 controller and DualShock 4.
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Odallus - The Dark Call
Installer MD5: e82f2380b0fed4f2de62db4fdd98217d setup_odallus_the_dark_call_2.5.0.7.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17036
CodeWeavers link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.7.6-1 Zen
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT240M
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.98-1
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.20 via PlayOnLinux

Install notes: None
How well does it run:Almost Perfectly
Details:

*The screen will flicker in a split-second in each screen load, beside the main game.

*The opening sequence will be out of focus, thus you need to Alt+Tab back to it so the controls will work.

*Tested with Virtual desktop and CSMT enabled as well and no major issues has been found.

*The gamepad will cause the game to crash at the warning screen.

*Further levels weren't tested. Only the 1st level of the game with the keyboard.
What error message do you get from the crash if the gamepad is plugged in?
JudasIscariot: What error message do you get from the crash if the gamepad is plugged in?
The "Program Odallus.exe found a serious problem and must end the process. Sorry for the inconvenience." one. I've installed xinput and dinput. Still the same error.