It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gekko_Dekko: Raiden IV is broken - tried with both nvidia and intel gpus, but game's screen turn black after launch videos (game works - I can hear how I click menus and select things. But display stays pitch black)
Nope, that one works unless it just broke. Of course you don't include relevant details. It did require some native overrides at some point. Don't recall which offhand.
Gekko_Dekko: Raiden IV is broken - tried with both nvidia and intel gpus, but game's screen turn black after launch videos (game works - I can hear how I click menus and select things. But display stays pitch black)
Gydion: Nope, that one works unless it just broke. Of course you don't include relevant details. It did require some native overrides at some point. Don't recall which offhand.
Just tried it and it worked out of the box without any override. Only in Windowed Mode, though. Any attempt to switch it to fullscreen mode resulted in the game window being minimized and the rest of the desktop environment unresponsive. Had to kill the game process from a TTY.

PS: Installing the Visual C++ 2012 & 2013 Redistributable, as mentioned in the WineHQ entry, didn't make any difference (unsurprisingly, I might add, after carefully re-reading the "What works" section of that report).
Fallout New Vegas doesnt seem to work on my setup - game segfault on launch on both intel and nvidia gpus. Does it require 32bit prefix? Also suggestions on winehq page vary - some people suggest to install gstreamer-ugly, others - to disable it completely. While for somebody everything worked out of box.
Gekko_Dekko:
The game sure looks like a 32bit game. I think it still is so that they specifically mention when a game demands a 64bit system.

You can see what user adamhm writes about what they used to get it working here: https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/fallout_new_vegas_for_linux
Post edited August 17, 2018 by Themken
Gekko_Dekko:
Themken: The game sure looks like a 32bit game. I think it still is so that they specifically mention when a game demands a 64bit system.

You can see what user adamhm writes about what they used to get it working here: https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/fallout_new_vegas_for_linux
well, for some reasons, after spending about 4 hours, Im still unable to run it. Basically tried everything. Asked in thread, you've linked - maybe somebody knows how to solve it
Gekko_Dekko:
Sadly I am not very good at getting games to run in Wine :-( Maybe I need to consume more of the stuff for a more fluid operation...
The game works for me in CrossOver 17.0.0 both in a windowed and fullscreen mode. Without installing any additional components I also get a black screen. I first installed Visual C++ 2012 redistributable which made no difference. Then I installed DirectX for Pre-Windows XP Games and everything works fine. I guess it should also work in normal wine with a few overrides.
igrok: DirectX for Pre-Windows XP Games
directx 8? (or was it 7?) o_O
igrok: DirectX for Pre-Windows XP Games
Gekko_Dekko: directx 8? (or was it 7?) o_O
I think it's just the name Crossover uses for DirectX 9 libraries for whatever reason.
The Bard's Tale remaster (part I) is working in Wine+dxvk.
Gekko_Dekko: Fallout New Vegas doesnt seem to work on my setup - game segfault on launch on both intel and nvidia gpus.
I don't go in much for random, blind guessing. If you can bother yourself to state your basic system info, Wine version used, Wine package installed from, and any other relevant information that would be great. Then I might try some possibly informed guessing.
How often and when was the last time you updated Wine?
Gydion: I don't go in much for random, blind guessing. If you can bother yourself to state your basic system info, Wine version used, Wine package installed from, and any other relevant information that would be great. Then I might try some possibly informed guessing.
As for sys info - Im using the MSI GE60-2PC laptop:
i7 4700HQ as CPU
Intel HD graphics 4600 / Nvidia 850M (via bumblebee, coz didnt find any other working solution) as GPU
8Gb ram
As for wine version: it used to be 3.13 (I've stated that above, I think).
As for installation source - distro's repo (manjaro).
Update wine as much, as distro itself - in about a week after initial release of each new version.

--------------
Unrelated to New Vegas:

Atleast on my setup, flatout 2 has regression on wine 3.14 (after 3.13 and below) - issues with sound mixing, which leads to weird noises and effects, similar to "sound from under water". Disabling winegstreamer and csmt didnt do anything, if thats matter. Used pulsa as default sound output
Post edited August 27, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
Gekko_Dekko: As for wine version: it used to be 3.13 (I've stated that above, I think).
Update wine as much, as distro itself - in about a week after initial release of each new version.
Which post 1610 or 1612?
Ah, Arch-based. Isn't that a semi-rolling Arch or something or does that depend on what branch you pick?
OK, so possibly not this seen on Arch first bug (gcc 8.1.0 "bug"). I would assume you would have seen it sooner if you are that closely tracking Wine releases. Though it's not clear to me what many applications/games means for this.
Gydion: I don't go in much for random, blind guessing. If you can bother yourself to state your basic system info, Wine version used, Wine package installed from, and any other relevant information that would be great. Then I might try some possibly informed guessing.
Gekko_Dekko: As for sys info - Im using the MSI GE60-2PC laptop:
i7 4700HQ as CPU
Intel HD graphics 4600 / Nvidia 850M (via bumblebee, coz didnt find any other working solution) as GPU
8Gb ram
As for wine version: it used to be 3.13 (I've stated that above, I think).
can you post the output / crash backtrace you get when running the game in a terminal ?
http://portingteam.com/topic/11037-wineskin-unofficial-update/

Just wanted to bring this up to the Wine thread. Those on OSX High Sierra will want to check this out, as well as those who need to run something from a desktop shortcut (originally Wineskin did not allow this) or Wine v3.0 and up. It used to have some bugs, but it's a lot more stable now and they're updating it often.