It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Galaxy Edition!
Installer MD5:573ba76fc4fe175903c2368aa8296236 setup_the_king_of_fighters_xiii_galaxy_edition_1.0_(21415)-1.bin
3d6e72e8fecf5f06c9e3c49538cd3f28 setup_the_king_of_fighters_xiii_galaxy_edition_1.0_(21415).exe
Distro: Kubuntu 18.04 64-bit
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.6
Kernel version:Kernel: 4.15.0-33-generic
Graphics card: GeForce GT 240
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.17-esync (newest wine that you can get from lutris)
WineHQ AppDB link: None yet

Install notes: Installs correctly. Installed via Lutris.
How well does it run: Perfect. played the Tutorial and a few arcade matches, online is dependent on galaxy and I didn't test that
te_lanus: Game: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Galaxy Edition!
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.17-esync (newest wine that you can get from lutris)
Thanks, however custom patched Wine builds are invalid unless you link to the Wine bug report(s) you are working around by using such a build. Also, no idea what they are doing with that version number.
Gydion: Thanks, however custom patched Wine builds are invalid unless you link to the Wine bug report(s) you are working around by using such a build. Also, no idea what they are doing with that version number.
no more wine-staging reports ? :p
FWIW, the esync patchset is from here
it is included (and enabled by default) in the wine fork shipped by Steam.
It has a) the blessing from CrossWeaver/Valve and therefore b) quite a huge user base behind it. And since Lutris ships it now, there probably will be even more users, so I think it would be ok to allow it for test reports.
Furthermore, from what I can tell, the patchset's only aim is to improve performance. I'm fairly confident that games that work with esync should work as well with vanilla wine. The reverse isn't necessarily true.

That being said it would certainly be nice to include testing with vanilla wine, especially for games that "just work™", ie who don't need extra patches. I imagine for the uninformed user it is getting harder to evaluate the test reports with all the different builds/forks out there. -staging, -pba, -esync, ... add gallium-nine, dxvk and vkd3d to the mix and you'll understand why most users prefer not to touch wine ;).
Having the information that a game works with vanilla wine adds some level of confidence/reliability to the report for non wine-savvy users when trying to decide whether to buy a game or not. (I would think).
Post edited September 17, 2018 by immi101
immi101: no more wine-staging reports ? :p
Wine Staging has been officially part of the Wine project for some time now. It's an official Wine build. E.G. pedantry fail.
immi101: FWIW, the esync patchset is from here
Yes, I'm aware. Alistair & Zebediah are the current Wine Staging maintainers. That's Zebediah's patchset.
immi101: It has a) the blessing from CrossWeaver/Valve and therefore b) quite a huge user base behind it. And since Lutris ships it now, there probably will be even more users, so I think it would be ok to allow it for test reports.
Furthermore, from what I can tell, the patchset's only aim is to improve performance. I'm fairly confident that games that work with esync should work as well with vanilla wine. The reverse isn't necessarily true.
And? Gaming-nine/gallium-nine would still have a larger user base, for the current moment. Guess what doesn't get included without linking to a relevant Wine bug report? I really don't view this as any different.
Performance related bugs are valid bug reports in Bugzilla. If the game is unplayable without it or even runs choppy 20 FPS without it, simply include the Wine bug covering vanilla/staging case.
Game: Vikings - Wolves of Midgard
Distro: Mint 18.1 64bit
Desktop: MATE
Kernel Version: 4.15.18-041518-generic
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.18 + ESync
WineHQ AppDB link: None yet - The game has a native version on Steam which might be the reason why there's no entry.
Winetricks used: Corefonts
Does it run with DXVK?: Yes, I used version 0.90 (this game needs the 64bit dll's)
ESync Note: ESync is not essential to run the game but performance is slightly slower without it.

Install notes: Game installs correctly, no issues.

How well does it run: Perfectly. The game performs and works very well, I've sunk over 30 hours in it without any crashes or anomalies.
Post edited November 04, 2018 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: Game: Vikings - Wolves of Midgard
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.16 Vanilla (No Staging, No PBA, No E-Sync)
Install notes: Didn't run installer, I extracted the files manually with Innoextract
Thanks. For the version if you can change it to Wine 3.16 64bit that would be great.

Is there a reason you didn't run the installer? If not then will you run the installer to test if it seems to works OK?
Ganni1987: Game: Vikings - Wolves of Midgard
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.16 Vanilla (No Staging, No PBA, No E-Sync)
Install notes: Didn't run installer, I extracted the files manually with Innoextract
Gydion: Thanks. For the version if you can change it to Wine 3.16 64bit that would be great.

Is there a reason you didn't run the installer? If not then will you run the installer to test if it seems to works OK?
The installer is a much slower process and creates a bunch of icons I never use. With Innoextract I just type "innoex -d ./output *.exe" and it extracts the game right away.

I did use it through normal installer once though, no issues there besides the usual error at the end which all installers present.
Post edited September 26, 2018 by Ganni1987
I'm very interested in knowing how the Soldier of Fortune-games run in WINE.
Random_Coffee: I'm very interested in knowing how the Soldier of Fortune-games run in WINE.
I've run GOG's version of SoF 1 and 2 on OS X 10.7 and 10.11 with WINE 3.5. They run flawlessly out of the box, even with an old GMA 950.
Random_Coffee: I'm very interested in knowing how the Soldier of Fortune-games run in WINE.
rampancy: I've run GOG's version of SoF 1 and 2 on OS X 10.7 and 10.11 with WINE 3.5. They run flawlessly out of the box, even with an old GMA 950.
Awesome, great to hear. Thanks! :)
Game: Advent Rising
Installer MD5: setup: 8755b06ea778efd1fcbe5f7c7ded2745
bin1: 4a5c4e778c47cc7c20220de619ec8c51
bin2: 867fe7fe3b0044ac1269a99441df25c5
Distro: Manjaro 17.1.2
DE: Xfce 4.12
Kernel: 4.18.9-1
Graphics card: AMD RX 470 4GB
WINE version: 3.15
WineHQ link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18386&iTestingId=46545

How well does it run: Almost perfect

I played for a few hours, and completed the first three chapters. The only problem I encountered was when it crashed after a barbrawl very early on. Though when I started it up again, the checkpoint had saved when the fight was over, and the following cutscene started playing as normal. No progress lost.

I will update the post when I finish the game.

Note: If you have a controller plugged in, the camera will drift.
Has anybody tried to run Ys 6: Ark of Napishtim with Wine / Playonlinux?
Post edited October 06, 2018 by Vulfger
Vulfger: Has anybody tried to run Ys 6: Ark of Napishtim with Wine / Playonlinux?
Yes, should be Gold. Install it in a fresh, clean prefix, winetricks amstream quartz, disable winegstreamer, and a wineboot -u should give you fully working movies with the game. If you have the correct 32-bit gstreamer plugins it might work with them instead, but personally I don't have a particularly functional gstreamer setup. Just updated an existing prefix to Wine 3.17 and it still appears to run fine.

Random_Coffee: Game: Advent Rising
I take it you are using KB+M then? Does turning with the mouse work correctly without the override now? That was from Wine 1.1.33.
Post edited October 07, 2018 by Gydion
Ganni1987: I did use it through normal installer once though, no issues there besides the usual error at the end which all installers present.
If you could add that the installer does work normally that would be good.
Random_Coffee: Game: Advent Rising
Gydion: I take it you are using KB+M then? Does turning with the mouse work correctly without the override now? That was from Wine 1.1.33.
Yes, I'm using KB+M. And turning the mouse does indeed work correctly with the override disabled.