It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ciemnogrodzianin: Are you trying to insult me? :) Tell me, please, how to check that, and I'll let you know, ok?
I don't get the reference, but I suppose neither did you. ;) CSMT = Command Stream Multi-Threading. It should be off by default. To check open winecfg and look under the Staging tab. There is a checkbox for it.

ciemnogrodzianin: I'm working on it. I've submitted my test results to WineHQ, but application version I've created is still "on hold". I have terrible experience with WineHQ moderators and you should know that I'm doing that only because of you and your valuable thread ;)
I, well that's great. Though you seem to have misinterpreted the "AppDB link required" part. Most/a lot of games have an AppDB entry, even if for a different version. If one exists for the game you need to include the link. If there is nothing in AppDB you can instead specify [N/A] or none, e.g. Immortal Planet. I like your way better though.
Gydion: ...
Thanks for explanations!

Regarding CSMT - thanks for pointing that out! It was disabled, indeed. However now I can't resist to check how it works when enabled :) - I have 2 cores / 2 threads only, but as I understand there should be at least some performance improvement? I'll let you know after next gaming session.

Regarding WineHQ linking issue - thanks, so next time it would not stop me. Here is the updated report for Dungeon Rats:

Game: Dungeon Rats
Version: GOG 1.0.6
Installer MD5: 6d045b383927ba999b858f905d7decd0 setup_dungeon_rats_64_1.0.6.0028_(14031).exe

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-98-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.20-staging
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG 1.0.1 (closest, but not exactly the current and tested one)

Install notes: It is necessary to add the following libraries: d3dcompiler and devenum. Game is started with DR64.exe (64-bit installation has been selected).
Installation process ends with 3 pop-up "runtime error" messages at the end, but finally GOG installer shows "Installation succesfull". These problems occurs for various GOG games and has no further impact on gameplay.
How well does it run: Perfect. No full playthrough, but various levels and gameplay aspects checked with previously created savegames.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2x2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. Performance is really good.
There are small graphical artifacts visible in part of locations (black squares between floor and walls in caves). It does not affect the gameplay and it's the only problem you should expect as a Linux/Wine user.
ciemnogrodzianin: Thanks for explanations!
Thank you for the reports. Minor Style issue (which I bug others about); the report should be in it's own post or the first thing in a given post. GOG forum's stupid post auto-merge makes this needlessly annoying.

ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Dungeon Rats
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG 1.0.1 (closest, but not exactly the current and tested one)
If you would edit this so the report is first or a new post would be as easy now. Also, GOG 1.0.6 is live.
Post edited November 20, 2017 by Gydion
Game: MDK
Installer MD5: 45131ae6a7193e87ee09eff8ac8b3fef setup_mdk_2.1.0.29.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7416

Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.13.0-32
Graphics card: AMD RX 480 8GB
Graphics driver & version: Open source, with Mesa 17.3.2 from Padoka's stable Mesa PPA
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.0 (with CSMT and virtual desktop enabled)

Install notes: Install & play.
Start the game from "MDK3DFX.EXE"
Configure display resolution etc. by running "nglide_config.exe" - I recommend setting it to use the desktop resolution & 4:3 aspect ratio so it doesn't stretch on widescreen displays.
How well does it run: Seems perfect
Details: Have only played briefly but there doesn't appear to be any issues as far as I can tell.

Wine wrapper
I have put together a Linux Wine wrapper for this game. For more information, see the release thread in the game's forum: https://www.gog.com/forum/mdk_series/mdk_for_linux
Post edited February 02, 2018 by adamhm
Has anyone gotten Worms World Party Remastered to work with WINE?

Also: Worms Forts seems to run out of the box but for some reason when I move the mouse left it also always goes down. What kind of weird bug is that and how could it be fixed?
Post edited November 23, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: Has anyone gotten Worms World Party Remastered to work with WINE?
To begin with it appears you need winetricks vcrun2012.

Klumpen0815: Also: Worms Forts seems to run out of the box but for some reason when I move the mouse left it also always goes down. What kind of weird bug is that and how could it be fixed?
Most of the reports mention the mouse is highly, overly sensitive. If it's not that you might want to try Wine 1.9.13.

adamhm: Game: MDK
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 2.10
Thanks, added. It would be helpful if you could list this as e.g.:
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 2.10 CSMT
For future reports.
Post edited November 23, 2017 by Gydion
Klumpen0815: Has anyone gotten Worms World Party Remastered to work with WINE?
Gydion: To begin with it appears you need winetricks vcrun2012.
I was the one who filed that bug report.
Still new to this whole thing though.

Updated bug report:
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44059

Klumpen0815: Also: Worms Forts seems to run out of the box but for some reason when I move the mouse left it also always goes down. What kind of weird bug is that and how could it be fixed?
Gydion: Most of the reports mention the mouse is highly, overly sensitive. If it's not that you might want to try Wine 1.9.13.
I did now but it didn't change anything.

PS: Normally using wine2.21-devel.
Post edited November 23, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Did anyone try getting the Spellforce 3 preview to work under wine? I'm getting a DX11 related crash right away, so I'm not hopeful, but I keep being surprised at what workarounds are available if you have a bit more knowledge...
Gydion: To begin with it appears you need winetricks vcrun2012.
Klumpen0815: I was the one who filed that bug report.
Still new to this whole thing though.

Updated bug report:
always hard to figure things out just from the log file
It shows an exception due to a access violation when accessing some invalid memory. But since the game catches the exception itself and just closes itself you never get to see the wine crash dialog (with the backtrace).
unfortunately I don't really see anything before that which indicates why it is crashing.

it fails to create a directory a bit earlier, but i'm not sure if this is even relevant

0009:Call KERNEL32.CreateDirectoryA(01b54308 "C:\\Worms World Party Remastered\\user\\graves\\HDUI",00000000) ret=0057cdd9
0009:Ret KERNEL32.CreateDirectoryA() retval=00000000 ret=0057cdd9
try to create the directory and see if that changes things

might be worth getting that WINEDEBUG=+all,seh log again (the first one was wrong it seems?), maybe there is something in there.
+all always produces a huge log file but you can trim it down somewhat by opening a second terminal and run 'wine winecfg' there (in the same wineprefix). Leave it running, return to your first terminal and run
WINEDEBUG=+all,seh w2.exe &> output.txt

it kinda is a shot in the dark though. Maybe someone will just have to go through the code in a debugger to find out whats going on.
Has anyone tried Meridian: New World or Squad 22 under Wine?
Klumpen0815: I was the one who filed that bug report.
Oh, that's you? Nice. For trying to figure out what overrides you might need Dependency Walker is helpful. Just download and extract, no install. It's recommended on the Debug Channels wiki page.

Klumpen0815: Updated bug report:
So, does this actually need vcrun2012? Each native DLL can add it's own dependencies for additional functions which may need other native overrides, e.g. less is more. If it's needed then it's needed.
Do movies play at all? Do you have the 32-bit gstreamer libs installed. If not you may be better adding an override for winegstreamer set to disabled. Oh, I've needed to run wineboot -u after using the quartz verb else the interfaces aren't registered properly (or something).
Not sure how you are running these prefixes, but the other, possibly older, Galaxy.dll files simply hard crash without localhost IP access. The geniuses don't/didn't understand basic error checking. Anyway, make sure you are not blocking localhost.
Gydion: Oh, that's you? Nice. For trying to figure out what overrides you might need Dependency Walker is helpful. Just download and extract, no install. It's recommended on the Debug Channels wiki page.
or just use WINEDEBUG=+loaddll :)
Gydion: So, does this actually need vcrun2012? Each native DLL can add it's own dependencies for additional functions which may need other native overrides, e.g. less is more. If it's needed then it's needed.
Do movies play at all? Do you have the 32-bit gstreamer libs installed. If not you may be better adding an override for winegstreamer set to disabled. Oh, I've needed to run wineboot -u after using the quartz verb else the interfaces aren't registered properly (or something).
Not sure how you are running these prefixes, but the other, possibly older, Galaxy.dll files simply hard crash without localhost IP access. The geniuses don't/didn't understand basic error checking. Anyway, make sure you are not blocking localhost.
According to the terminal output which gives significantly less error output when using vcrun2012, I think it is needed.
No idea whether videos would theoretically run since the game doesn't run at all.

Does anyone here have experience with running Turok 2 Ex (gog package) with WINE and how's performance for you?
Post edited November 30, 2017 by Klumpen0815
immi101: or just use WINEDEBUG=+loaddll :)
Yup, "good, lightwei-ght alternative".
I guess that should be light-weight.

Klumpen0815: No idea whether videos would theoretically run since the game doesn't run at all.
Right. I was asking about it as Fabian thought it could be video related. I have had games silently crash because of videos.
Post edited December 04, 2017 by Gydion
Klumpen0815: Does anyone here have experience with running Turok 2 Ex (gog package) with WINE and how's performance for you?
I installed it, an ran it without problem so far