It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eiii: - <span class="bold">Blackguards 2</span> (WineHQ entry, sounds complicated to get it to work)
Blackguards 2 test is for a very old wine version. I haven't had time to test it much, but the game run on FreeBSD and Linux (Debian and Mint) without problems since more than a year.

I don't have it installed right now. Last time I tried it was about six months ago.

I used wine-devel. I'm not sure, but I should have installed directx9 through winetricks (this contains many Windows native libraries, even though not all are necessary for the game).
Post edited August 19, 2017 by vanchann
Did anyone manage to run Saboteur with latest Wine or Wine staging? It keeps crashing on startup in both.

I tried a few older Wine versions, it's still crashing. I suspect it's not Wine, but my kernel (I just installed 4.13~rc5-1). I'll boot with previous kernel to test.

Nope. Crash still happens with 4.12.6 kernel. I'll open a bug about it.

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43600
Post edited August 24, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Did anyone manage to run Saboteur with latest Wine or Wine staging? It keeps crashing on startup in both.
works fine here (wine-2.15). except the performance sucks (but I can probably blame my potato PC for that :p)

i'm still on kernel 4.11.8 though ...

//edit
maybe you need this patch to fix the game on systems with &gt;4 cores ?
Post edited August 24, 2017 by immi101
Ah, that's quite possible. I didn't know there was such issue. I'll try it later today, thanks for the pointer!
Post edited August 24, 2017 by shmerl
Game: Serious Sam's Bogus Detour
Installer: setup_serious_sams_bogus_detour_181_(13046).exe

Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 64bit
Kernel version: 4.10.0-32-generic
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 840m
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 375.66
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.15 via PlayOnLinux

Install notes:
Installing of the following extensions is needed:
POL_install_corefronts
POL_install_d3dx9
POL_install_gdiplus
POL_install_tahoma
POL_install_vcrun2005
POL_install_vcrun2008
POL_install_vcrun2010

How well does it run: During gameplay Flawlessly. However, from time to time the game is crashing when i am exiting a current game session.

Details: While configuring wine, set it to windows 7 version. In addition, under the graphics tab, set the options "Emulate a virtual desktop" and "Automatically capture the mouse..." on
Post edited August 24, 2017 by obi4ammama
Saboteur is indeed broken on CPUs with more than 4 cores.

jackfuste from WSGF figured out a way to modify the game binary to avoid the crash. I made a simple script to patch the file in place using that method.

See attached image for binary diff.
Attachments:
Post edited August 25, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Saboteur is indeed broken on CPUs with more than 4 cores.

jackfuste from WSGF figured out a way to modify the game binary to avoid the crash. I made a simple script to patch the file in place using that method.

See attached image for binary diff.
So, are you up and running now? Maybe add that patch to the Saboteur subforum as well, unless you have already done so.
Themken: So, are you up and running now? Maybe add that patch to the Saboteur subforum as well, unless you have already done so.
Yes, I also posted it in the thread that @immi101 referenced above and to PCGaming wiki.
Post edited August 25, 2017 by shmerl
Themken: So, are you up and running now? Maybe add that patch to the Saboteur subforum as well, unless you have already done so.
shmerl: Yes, I also posted it in the thread that @immi101 referenced above and to PCGaming wiki.
Have a + :-)
shmerl: Saboteur is indeed broken on CPUs with more than 4 cores.

looking at the code, with the patch it skips the part where it collects the speed info of every core. Leaving the variables at its uninitialized values. wonder if that has any impact on code behaviour.
Not sure though why or where they would even use that info. And from a quick look I can't find if they even use it.
Also can't see any difference in the usage of multiple cores with or without the patch.
so, the fix probably just works™
a (more) proper fix probably would be to increase the allocated space so that it can store information for more than 8 cores. but not sure that's worth the effort. (patching 4 bytes instead of one :p)
immi101: looking at the code, with the patch it skips the part where it collects the speed info of every core. Leaving the variables at its uninitialized values. wonder if that has any impact on code behaviour.
Were you trying to read the disassembly?
immi101: looking at the code, with the patch it skips the part where it collects the speed info of every core. Leaving the variables at its uninitialized values. wonder if that has any impact on code behaviour.
shmerl: Were you trying to read the disassembly?
yeah, just took a quick look though
Anyone tried retesting Revenant or Gangsters:Organized Crime?
rampancy: Anyone tried retesting Revenant or Gangsters:Organized Crime?
Considering that this bug isn't fixed yet, I doubt there's a point in retesting the game as of right now :)
Does anyone have the early version of Saboteur that came out on GOG before they fixed the map bug? Their fix doesn't work in Wine, and I'm trying to analyze how exactly they fixed it on Windows. Comparing that version with current one can explain some things.
Post edited September 08, 2017 by shmerl