It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Themken: Anyone please care to test this: https://www.gog.com/game/gangsters_organized_crime
There is still the same problem with the start menu partially not visible and the colors messed up. However, clicking on the menu makes the text visible, and after a new game is started, it seems to work all right. I played it for 10 mins using wine staging 2.10 with no direct draw renderer override as suggested in WineHQ (that caused the game to crash on start).
Themken: Anyone please care to test this: https://www.gog.com/game/gangsters_organized_crime
igrok: There is still the same problem with the start menu partially not visible and the colors messed up. However, clicking on the menu makes the text visible, and after a new game is started, it seems to work all right. I played it for 10 mins using wine staging 2.10 with no direct draw renderer override as suggested in WineHQ (that caused the game to crash on start).
Thank you! So it is playable with Wine, unlike on modern Windows.
rampancy: Wondering if anyone could try re-testing Hidden and Dangerous / Hidden and Dangerous 2; last I heard both games didn't work, or had serious texture problems.
I've played a bit of Hidden & Dangerous 2. So far everything works with Wine 1.8.7. But I cannot finish the first training mission, it always fails. Although that only may be me, not knowing what am I supposed to do after passing the obstacles...
eiii: Any news about Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord running with Wine?
Doesn't run for me as it crashes with a "Cannot initialize Direct3D graphics" error.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by JudasIscariot
eiii: Any news about Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord running with Wine?
JudasIscariot: Doesn't run for me as it crashes with a "Cannot initialize Direct3D graphics" error.
Looks like nothing has changed with newer Wine versions, still the same error message and crash. So I'll keep it on my wishlist. Thanks for testing!
JudasIscariot: Doesn't run for me as it crashes with a "Cannot initialize Direct3D graphics" error.
Did you try out the cAlphaShift=24 hack from the other bug Béla linked to? Shock Force uses a newer engine so it may not work with Beyond Overlord anyway.
Just thought I'd report that the Steam release of Grandia 2 is mostly working for me in Wine 2.12, with staging patches. If anyone could check to see if the GOG version is also working now, I'd be interested.
Post edited August 16, 2017 by king_mosiah
JudasIscariot: Game: Immortal Planet
<…>
WineHQ AppDB link: None
Maybe it is a good idea to make one? It will be more beneficial to everyone if the title is in the DB. I believe most people are going to AppDB to check before purchising (I myself do not buy games with less than "Platinum" or, in rare ocasions, "Gold" ratings).

And about other stuff: I'm currently rehashing my collection from (not so good) Windows days. Alas, most games I own are DRM-protected (StarForce copy protection) thus are not working per se (without NoCD crack).

Does anyone know if it is OK to report on AppDB for a game that will not launch without a crack but works well with it? And if it is OK then what rating should it get? "Garbage"?
Post edited August 16, 2017 by Alm888
JudasIscariot: Game: Immortal Planet
<…>
WineHQ AppDB link: None
Alm888: Maybe it is a good idea to make one? It will be more beneficial to everyone if the title is in the DB. I believe most people are going to AppDB to check before purchising (I myself do not buy games with less than "Platinum" or, in rare ocasions, "Gold" ratings).
I would love to make AppDB entries but there are 2 issues with that, for me at least:

1. Submitting a new AppDB entry takes a while

2. The fastest way to submit an AppDB entry would be to set yourself up as a maintainer and I don't wish to maintain a whole herd of titles :)

So you see my predicament :)
Alm888: Does anyone know if it is OK to report on AppDB for a game that will not launch without a crack but works well with it? And if it is OK then what rating should it get? "Garbage"?
I am not sure about this question as I've seen Wine devs crack down on people in Bugzilla if they suspected the person using a pirated copy. Not saying a cracked copy = a pirated copy, of course.

If I were you I would ask in the WineHQ forums about this sort of thing...
Post edited August 16, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Alm888: And about other stuff: I'm currently rehashing my collection from (not so good) Windows days. Alas, most games I own are DRM-protected (StarForce copy protection) thus are not working per se (without NoCD crack).

Does anyone know if it is OK to report on AppDB for a game that will not launch without a crack but works well with it? And if it is OK then what rating should it get? "Garbage"?
stating in your report that a NoCD patch is required to get past the copy protection is fine.
Just don't include any links or further details how to acquire the crack.

If the game works fine otherwise, I'd rate it as Silver.
Though the rating standards do vary a lot ....

Personally i am always more interested in the details of the report than the exact rating :)
Alm888: And about other stuff: I'm currently rehashing my collection from (not so good) Windows days. Alas, most games I own are DRM-protected (StarForce copy protection) thus are not working per se (without NoCD crack).

immi101: stating in your report that a NoCD patch is required to get past the copy protection is fine.
Just don't include any links or further details how to acquire the crack.

If the game works fine otherwise, I'd rate it as Silver.
Though the rating standards do vary a lot ....

Personally i am always more interested in the details of the report than the exact rating :)
BTW, the AppDB just introduced a Workarounds section to the test reports :)
JudasIscariot: BTW, the AppDB just introduced a Workarounds section to the test reports :)
Yep. It would make reports neater.
Has anyone tried one of the following games with Wine:

- <span class="bold">Legends of Eisenwald</span> (WineHQ entries look good)
- <span class="bold">Cossacks 3</span> (WineHQ entries look rather bad, game seems to be unstable at best)
- <span class="bold">Kyn</span> (no WineHQ entry)
- <span class="bold">Blackguards 2</span> (WineHQ entry, sounds complicated to get it to work)
- <span class="bold">Eador. Imperium</span> (WineHQ entry for the Steam version sounds rather good, but I'm skeptical as Eador:MotBW already does not work for me)
Post edited August 19, 2017 by eiii
eiii: Has anyone tried one of the following games with Wine:

- <span class="bold">Legends of Eisenwald</span> (WineHQ entries look good)
- <span class="bold">Cossacks 3</span> (WineHQ entries look rather bad, game seems to be unstable at best)
- <span class="bold">Kyn</span> (no WineHQ entry)
- <span class="bold">Blackguards 2</span> (WineHQ entry, sounds complicated to get it to work)
- <span class="bold">Eador. Imperium</span> (WineHQ entry for the Steam version sounds rather good, but I'm skeptical as Eador:MotBW already does not work for me)
I can try out Legends of Eisenwald (Humble Store Edition). Will update this post aftre try.
UPDATE: Tested version was "LoE_v130_DRMFree_1488593197". Apart from strange error of "external module" (dismissable) the game seems to work (map, combat etc.), but I didn't test the game in full.
Wine 2.13 Staging, clear WINEPREFIX (no winetricks or dll overrides), WINEARCH='win64'.
Attachments:
Post edited August 19, 2017 by Alm888