It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FYI: Wine staging now includes key patches for the Witcher 3.
Game: Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
Installer MD5:
8e2f4e2ade9e641fdd35a9dd36d55d00 setup_desperados_wanted_dead_or_alive_2.0.0.6.exe
Installer SHA1:
68940cddf254cbac0708fd60b49c4ae60090ec7e setup_desperados_wanted_dead_or_alive_2.0.0.6.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=2344
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/desperados

Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-81
Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 460 2GB
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary AMDGPU-PRO 16.60
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 2.10

Install notes: Installs without problems or additional requirements in a clean 32bit prefix.
How well does it run: Good. More than playable, even if not quite perfect. There's a minor visual glitch of black "scan lines" showing up a few times a minute near the bottom of the screen (barely perceptible; easy to ignore), and I'm also experiencing bug 39513 - Desperados: input lag after resuming from pause as also noticed in the appdb entry, but this is having much less effect on gameplay than I'd thought based on reading that entry. It basically takes 2-3 seconds after loading a save game, or after pausing, before the game becomes responsive to user input. With this game, that's not a problem at all, unless you intended to scum-save in time for a split-second action.
Post edited June 30, 2017 by gogtrial34987
Gydion: Thanks. If you could note for each entry whether you have videos working or not working it will be appreciated.
adamhm: If video playback didn't work it would have been noted in the reports already.
I'm surprised it still worked with winegstreamer set to disabled, but I see for e.g. Fallout 3 the intro is actually a non-realtime in-engine render. I suppose it could also be in a format/using a interface Wine actually understands.
Not everyone pays attention to the intros and they are often different from cutscenes. An explicit mention yes or no by any/everyone would be nice. That way I know people looked at it unlike in AppDB where they will rate platinum or gold with everything working, and the intro doesn't (nor is it mentioned by them). If this is something you already make a point of looking at I should remember going forward and just carry-on as is.

gogtrial34987: Game: Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
gogtrial34987: Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 2.10 (64-bit)

Install notes: Installs without problems or additional requirements in a clean 32bit prefix.
This means it's not 64-bit Wine. You no doubt have a WoW64 build. When running with a 32-bit prefix you can consider it the same as typical 32-bit Wine. I.E. version should be Wine Staging 2.10, thanks.
gogtrial34987: How well does it run: Good. More than playable, even if not quite perfect. There's a minor visual glitch of black "scan lines" showing up a few times a minute near the bottom of the screen (barely perceptible; easy to ignore)...
Did you try with CSMT enabled to see if it makes any difference.
Post edited June 30, 2017 by Gydion
gogtrial34987: Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 2.10 (64-bit)

Gydion: This means it's not 64-bit Wine. You no doubt have a WoW64 build. When running with a 32-bit prefix you can consider it the same as typical 32-bit Wine. I.E. version should be Wine Staging 2.10, thanks.
Changed.

Gydion: Did you try with CSMT enabled to see if it makes any difference.
I didn't. Will do so later today, and update if it improves things.
=> edit: it doesn't
Post edited June 30, 2017 by gogtrial34987
Aaaand I am back at my Linux box :D
JudasIscariot: Aaaand I am back at my Linux box :D
And just imagine that most of people are now booting up their private copies of work environments to get more of the same ;)
Welcome Back Fellow Penguin :-)
gogtrial34987: I didn't. Will do so later today, and update if it improves things.
=> edit: it doesn't
Guess you could try StrictDrawOrdering instead (with csmt disabled). Additionally, there is plain Wine with it's own csmt setting via the registry.
Game: Tender Loving Care
Installer MD5: 513ddf468e0bd8d6eb9e8f6c1c6bf50b setup_tender_loving_care_1.0_(12852).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: N/A
CodeWeavers link: N/A

Distro: Mint 18.1 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-21
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 750 GTX
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary nvidia-367
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.6.2 / Wine 1.8.7

Install notes:
Gives error messages at installation, can be ignored.

Needs small binary command adjustment for the videos to show:
Run with "--disable-gpu" as in "TLC.exe --disable-gpu" (binary) or "Care.lnk --disable-gpu" (shortcut)

How well does it run: Perfect
Post edited July 04, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Has anyone already tried <span class="bold">SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny</span> with Wine?

muntdefems: Not surprisingly, since the game is available for Mac and Linux both on Steam and on the Humble Store, the latter including DRM-free builds and even the Android version of the game. :)
Then it's indeed no wonder that it has no WineHQ entry. Thanks for the Info! I will flag the game in my list.

shmerl: FYI: Wine staging now includes key patches for the Witcher 3.
Is the game fully playable now, with these patches?
Post edited July 01, 2017 by eiii
Klumpen0815: Game: Tender Loving Care
Installer MD5: 513ddf468e0bd8d6eb9e8f6c1c6bf50b setup_tender_loving_care_1.0_(12852).exe
Installer SHA1: cd41a5ed958329ec341c9c025224ee7aa5a58980 setup_tender_loving_care_1.0_(12852).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: -
CodeWeavers link: -
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.6.2
A few things, but otherwise looks great. First, you can pick a hash of your choice (MD5, SHA1, SHA256, etc) and just use the one. Second, we have been using N/A for nonexistent AppDB entries.
Last, and most important, Wine 1.6.2 is ancient (over two years out of date). From the sub-forum thread I believe you have current Wine versions installed. It would be great if you could test with one of them and see if everything still appears to works, including if the --disable-gpu is still needed. Thanks!

gogtrial34987: Game: Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
Installer MD5:
8e2f4e2ade9e641fdd35a9dd36d55d00 setup_desperados_wanted_dead_or_alive_2.0.0.6.exe
Installer SHA1:
68940cddf254cbac0708fd60b49c4ae60090ec7e setup_desperados_wanted_dead_or_alive_2.0.0.6.exe
One file hash or the other would be just fine...
adamhm: Game: SWAT 4: Gold Edition
Installer MD5: 410992ea13187156a8632fead5c38d0e
This appears to have lost the filename.
Post edited July 02, 2017 by Gydion
Welcome back!
eiii: Is the game fully playable now, with these patches?
Close to it. There are a few issues that I'd wait for before fully playing the game. You can see the list of known bugs here:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&amp;iId=34698
Post edited July 02, 2017 by shmerl
rampancy: Has anyone gotten Serious Sam's Bogus Detour working in WINE?
Works for me, sort-off. It is fully playable, but will freeze when you try and exit now and then
Attachments:
Gydion: Last, and most important, Wine 1.6.2 is ancient (over two years out of date). From the sub-forum thread I believe you have current Wine versions installed. It would be great if you could test with one of them and see if everything still appears to works, including if the --disable-gpu is still needed. Thanks!
I've played through the game with Wine 1.8.7 without problems. It also works with Wine 2.0, but I've not used that version for too long. The option --disable-gpu is still required with both Wine versions.

shmerl: Close to it. There are a few issues that I'd wait for before fully playing the game. You can see the list of known bugs here:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&amp;iId=34698
I'll need a new PC to play that game anyway. But it looks like I can start to think about what hardware to get. :) Thanks!
Post edited July 02, 2017 by eiii
eiii: I'll need a new PC to play that game anyway. But it looks like I can start to think about what hardware to get. :) Thanks!
I'm planning an upgrade too. AMD Ryzen 1700X looks really good. And for GPU I already have RX 480 (Vega can be nice, but it's not out yet in any normal form).