It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eiii:
Not the GOG versions, but I have both Anomaly Defenders and Anomaly 2 DRM-free versions from Humble Bundle installed on WIne/Linux and both work without problems. I don't really remember, if I have installed any native libraries though.

Linux versions are totally unplayable for both of them.
vanchann: Not the GOG versions, but I have both Anomaly Defenders and Anomaly 2 DRM-free versions from Humble Bundle installed on WIne/Linux and both work without problems. I don't really remember, if I have installed any native libraries though.

How sad to hear that the Linux ports of the newer Anomaly games are even worse than the port of the first game. Thanks for the info!
vanchann: Not the GOG versions, but I have both Anomaly Defenders and Anomaly 2 DRM-free versions from Humble Bundle installed on WIne/Linux and both work without problems. I don't really remember, if I have installed any native libraries though.

eiii: How sad to hear that the Linux ports of the newer Anomaly games are even worse than the port of the first game. Thanks for the info!
For what it's worth, I've never had any problems with any Linux version of the Anomaly series from Humble.
eiii: Has anyone already tried the GOG version of one of the following games?
Space Rangers HD should work without any issues. I think there was a discussion about Dark Reign in this thread already, it doesn't run well. I managed to run it once but couldn't reproduce it since then. Warhammer: SotR doesn't run and probably will never work because of the issues with 256 color palette. Z: The Game should work. Starship Titanic had a serious bug, but according to winehq it was fixed in 1.9.11, though I haven't checked it myself yet.
Probably still has issues. Many Windows systems also have problems. ScummVM official testing likely later this week. Also, dreammaster is looking for fluent German/English speakers for translation help.
Post edited June 19, 2017 by Gydion
muntdefems: For what it's worth, I've never had any problems with any Linux version of the Anomaly series from Humble.
Thanks for the info! I'll probably risk to buy one of the Anomaly games then, at this price. :)

igrok: Space Rangers HD should work without any issues. I think there was a discussion about Dark Reign in this thread already, it doesn't run well. I managed to run it once but couldn't reproduce it since then. Warhammer: SotR doesn't run and probably will never work because of the issues with 256 color palette. Z: The Game should work. Starship Titanic had a serious bug, but according to winehq it was fixed in 1.9.11, though I haven't checked it myself yet.
A lot of info. Thanks! I found the [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread_v1173/post684]posts about Dark Reign. Do you have any info if Dark Reign 2 works under Wine as it seems to run on a different engine?

Gydion: Probably still has issues. Many Windows systems also have problems. ScummVM official testing likely later this week. Also, dreammaster is looking for fluent German/English speakers for translation help.
I'll have a look at that thread. Unfortunately the test is a bit late for this sale, so I'm not sure if Starship Titanic will stay on my list as there are so many other interesting games with good discounts in this sale...

I also have a few more games which do not have reports in this thread yet:
- Jack Keane (WineHQ: gold)
- Pacific General (WineHQ: gold)
- Richard & Alice (no WineHQ entry)

The 2nd Jack Keane game unfortunately has graphics problems under Wine which makes it unplayable. Does the first Jack Keane run better?

There's also Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones, but as it requires DX10 I assume it does not run under Wine, right?
It has a predecessor, Stealth Bastard, which does not require DX10, but also does not have a WineHQ entry and no report in this thread.
Post edited June 19, 2017 by eiii
eiii: Do you have any info if Dark Reign 2 works under Wine as it seems to run on a different engine?
The only bug I've seen with Dark Reign 2 is that the background music doesn't play.
With an audio player in the background an multimedia keys on you keyboard, it works flawslessly ;)

You might have to set your Windows version to "win98".
vv221: The only bug I've seen with Dark Reign 2 is that the background music doesn't play.
The game normally uses CD Audio and was hacked by GOG to play it instead from ogg files with winmm.dll. I don't remember how to enable music in vanilla wine (somebody wrote a patch for Outlaws which also works for many other games that are made to play it with winmm. In fact it might be already incorporated in recent versions of wine-staging). In Crossover it is sufficient to add an override for winmm to "native, builtin" to make the music work.
It's looking like Crysis Warhead 64-bit is stable now on Wine Staging 2.10 :) I was able to completely play through the first level with no sign of any problems, while previously the game would hang within a few minutes.
adamhm: It's looking like Crysis Warhead 64-bit is stable now on Wine Staging 2.10 :) I was able to completely play through the first level with no sign of any problems, while previously the game would hang within a few minutes.
Hooray! :-) Would that be the DX9 or the DX10 version? Or perhaps both?
Post edited June 20, 2017 by Themken
Themken: Hooray! :-) Would that be the DX9 or the DX10 version? Or perhaps both?
DX9 mode. Trying to force it to run in DX10 mode with -dx10 causes it to CTD immediately.
Themken: Hooray! :-) Would that be the DX9 or the DX10 version? Or perhaps both?
adamhm: DX9 mode. Trying to force it to run in DX10 mode with -dx10 causes it to CTD immediately.
Well, most important is the game works fine :-) Thanks for info.
What about Warhammer® 40,000: Rites of War?

I haven't found anything in winehq database.
I'm not completely sure why, but running Smugglers V in my own Wineskin has been way more productive than the GOG provided wineskin app. No winetricks or anything. This also goes for Invasion and all DLC.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by Projectsonic
Projectsonic: I'm not completely sure why, but running Smugglers V in my own Wineskin has been way more productive than the GOG provided wineskin app. No winetricks or anything. This also goes for Invasion and all DLC.
GOG doesn't stay up to date with the Wine wrapped games, so over time you're bound to see better performance with a modern version / or self built one. If not mistaken they're still using 1.6.2 which came out eons ago.