It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Projectsonic: I'm not completely sure why, but running Smugglers V in my own Wineskin has been way more productive than the GOG provided wineskin app. No winetricks or anything. This also goes for Invasion and all DLC.
Ganni1987: GOG doesn't stay up to date with the Wine wrapped games, so over time you're bound to see better performance with a modern version / or self built one. If not mistaken they're still using 1.6.2 which came out eons ago.
This compares well with what I've noticed, yeah. I remember with Alpha Centauri I updated the internal engine/wrapper and things went better too.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by Projectsonic
Projectsonic: I'm not completely sure why, but running Smugglers V in my own Wineskin has been way more productive than the GOG provided wineskin app. No winetricks or anything. This also goes for Invasion and all DLC.
Hi,

If we need to update our Wineskin wrapper for Smugglers V and its DLCs/expansions, please send us a Support ticket about it.

We usually don't update a wrapper unless it seriously needs an update for whatever reason so if a Wineskin-wrapped game like Smugglers V is giving you issues, please write to Support :)
Game: Crysis Warhead
Installer MD5s:
772abeafb5516e9749ba9fa51ba7e43a setup_crysis_warhead_2.0.0.5-1.bin
82873850ffc00eb872f6c03b3687f575 setup_crysis_warhead_2.0.0.5-2.bin
2b9e55d06f3dde08f993bd3d26117419 setup_crysis_warhead_2.0.0.5.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=13890
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/crysis-warhead

Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.13.0-32
Graphics card: AMD RX 480 8GB
Graphics driver & version: Open source, with Mesa 17.3.2 from Padoka's stable Mesa PPA
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.0 64-bit (with CSMT and virtual desktop enabled)

Install notes: Requires d3dcompiler_43
If you're using an Nvidia GPU set UseGLSL=disabled or some vegetation will have a flickering effect
For shadows to work, create a file called "system.cfg" in the game's root directory (you'll need to create this file anyway if you plan on doing any manual tweaking) and put this line in it:

r_ShadowTexFormat=1

Start the game from/create shortcut for "Bin64/Crysis.exe"
How well does it run: Almost perfect (DX9 only - DX10 doesn't work)
Details: Same story as for Crysis - looks like this runs more or less perfectly with the Wine settings and tweaks detailed above, however I've only played for about an hour or two so far. If running the game with virtual desktop enabled (did not test without), you must also set "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows".

Just as for Crysis I strongly recommend checking out the tweak guide: http://www.tweakguides.com/CrysisWar_1.html

If you experience certain glitches like water flickering or looking dull at higher settings, missing effects at the water edges etc., try deleting the shader cache (found in "C:\users\$USER\My Documents\My Games\Crysis\Shaders\"). Also do this if you ran the game before installing d3dcompiler_43.

Wine wrapper
I have put together a Linux Wine wrapper for this game. For more information, see the release thread in the game's forum: https://www.gog.com/forum/crysis_series/crysis_and_crysis_warhead_for_linux
Post edited February 01, 2018 by adamhm
vv221:
igrok:
Thanks for the info about Dark Reign 2!

Nightblair: What about Warhammer® 40,000: Rites of War?
I have installed it and played the first scenario of the campaign with Wine 1.8.7, without any winetricks. The game complains at start that it is designed for 16-bit color mode, but you still can continue and it works without problems in 32-bit color mode for me. It's too hot here to run my gaming PC for a longer time, so it only has been a very short test, sorry!

So both Smuggler games and their DLCs work with Wine?
Are they really as bad as the ratings say?
Post edited June 24, 2017 by eiii
It crashed for me upon starting a new scenario in wine-staging (1.9.24), but it works perfectly fine in Crossover 16.2.0. I will check later whether it works in plain wine.

Edit: works fine in Wine 1.8, although animation speed is considerably slower than in Crossover.
Post edited June 24, 2017 by igrok
Has anyone here had any luck getting The Marvellous Miss Take to run under wine, or any hints for what I could try to get it to work? The appdb lists it as gold, needing only .NET 4.5, but no matter how much I try, I can't get it to work.

.NET 4.5 and setting windows 7 is definitely necessary - without it fails much harder - but with I keep hanging on an empty white window (wine 2.10) or 'corrupted' looking (wine 2.4, 2.0-rc3) both with only a cursor showing up as functioning element. The appdb entry notes a 10 second wait at that point, but I waited for 3+ minutes without anything happening, so that really feels like a hang to me.

On wine 2.10 I see the following error message quite a few times:
wine: Call from 0x7b43ca9c to unimplemented function api-ms-win-core-winrt-roparameterizediid-l1-1-0.dll.RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID, aborting
That api-ms-win-core-winrt-roparameterizediid-l1-1-0.dll was added in wine 2.5, but is indeed still 0% implemented according to the winehq page for that. This error was the reason for me to try 2.4 and that 2.0-rc3 from the appdb report, but that's also just not doing anything.
gogtrial34987: On wine 2.10 I see the following error message quite a few times:
wine: Call from 0x7b43ca9c to unimplemented function api-ms-win-core-winrt-roparameterizediid-l1-1-0.dll.RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID, aborting
That api-ms-win-core-winrt-roparameterizediid-l1-1-0.dll was added in wine 2.5, but is indeed still 0% implemented according to the winehq page for that. This error was the reason for me to try 2.4 and that 2.0-rc3 from the appdb report, but that's also just not doing anything.
You should add your comment to this bug report for Wine: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42701

Also, have you tried running "winetricks vcrun2015" in the prefix you have the game installed? Usually that works around that particular unimplemented function.

So both Smuggler games and their DLCs work with Wine?
Are they really as bad as the ratings say?
In fact, OSX port uses Wine. No winetricks needed, you just install it out of the box and it plays perfect. I'm not really the one to make a formal report on this one though. Since there's a wineskin thingy there, I'd be talking about how to make the same package basically.

I'd call it a fair purchase on sale, not quite as bad as the reviews but I wouldn't say five star either. Might make up a review later.
Post edited June 25, 2017 by Projectsonic
adamhm: Game: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe
adamhm: Game: Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
adamhm: Game: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Thanks. If you could note for each entry whether you have videos working or not working it will be appreciated.
adamhm: Game: Crysis Warhead
Same for this...
Post edited June 25, 2017 by Gydion
Gydion: Thanks. If you could note for each entry whether you have videos working or not working it will be appreciated.
If video playback didn't work it would have been noted in the reports already.
Projectsonic: In fact, OSX port uses Wine.
OK, then it's probably a license issue that there is no official Linux support.

Projectsonic: No winetricks needed, you just install it out of the box and it plays perfect. I'm not really the one to make a formal report on this one though. Since there's a wineskin thingy there, I'd be talking about how to make the same package basically.
When a game does not require a special Wine version or other special treatment I do not need much of a report. A confirmation that it works is enough. :) Thanks!
Post edited June 25, 2017 by eiii
Work has sapped me of a lot of of my time and strength, so that's why I haven't posted a lot of reports lately. I do plan to get back on it soon.

Has anyone gotten Serious Sam's Bogus Detour working in WINE?
rampancy: Has anyone gotten Serious Sam's Bogus Detour working in WINE?
It has a native Linux version on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/272620/Serious_Sams_Bogus_Detour/
I won't buy it until its Linux version is released here too.
eiii: It has a predecessor, Stealth Bastard, which does not require DX10, but also does not have a WineHQ entry and no report in this thread.
Not surprisingly, since the game is available for Mac and Linux both on Steam and on the Humble Store, the latter including DRM-free builds and even the Android version of the game. :)
gogtrial34987: On wine 2.10 I see the following error message quite a few times:
JudasIscariot: Also, have you tried running "winetricks vcrun2015" in the prefix you have the game installed? Usually that works around that particular unimplemented function.
Thanks. I hadn't tried that yet - was (and am still, somewhat) hoping it'd indeed be some very commonly installed addition like that which'd make things work - but this one alas didn't do the trick; it removes a couple of fixmes, but that's it. If I manaully set a native override for api-ms-win-core-winrt-roparameterizediid-l1-1-0.dll, the errors about that go away, but the rest of the behaviour stays the same. The rest of wine's output doesn't give me any particular hooks for what to look at. wine's output if you care to take a look.