It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off the best Star Wars™ experiences this galaxy has to offer.

Lightsabers, massive dogfights, cheery homicidal droids - it's a galaxy full of surprises!
Same as our <span class="bold">Star Wars&trade; Sale</span>, which brings along all the thrills and epic adventures native to this beloved universe.

It doesn't take a hardcore RPG fan or even a Star Wars fan to get hopelessly hooked on Knights Of the Old Republic. The intuitive real-time-with-queue combat will always keep you on your toes, but it's really the meaningful character interactions and addictive world exploration that made it into a timeless classic. And that's even before that masterful story twist hits. The fact that the sequel almost managed to surpass its storytelling prowess, is nothing sort of Jedi sorcery.

We've all fantasized about fighting as either a sharpshooting stormtrooper, a backflipping Jedi, or a proud TIE-Fighter pilot, but getting to be all of them at once? That's just on a whole other level of epicness. Or on the levels of Battlefront II, which put you right in the middle of the most iconic battlefields you remember from both the original trilogy and the prequels.

Grab tight onto something and jump into hyperspace with Star Wars™ Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, Republic Commando, and many more!

The <span class="bold">Star Wars&trade; Sale</span> will last until May 12, 10:00 AM UTC.
IronArcturus: Does anyone know if any of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games work with an Xbox 360 controller?
Like dudalb said, a joystick is recommended for these. Hell, I'd recommend a mouse & keyboard (what I used to play TIE Fighter as a kid) over a gamepad; there are so many controls, you'd have to use the keyboard along with the gamepad anyway, and that would be awkward as hell.

yyahoo: Ugh, I spoke too soon. Looks like all games being 77% off was a mistake. The more expensive Star Wars games are now, once again, more expensive (even more so than previously) at only 58% off.
joppo: I have altered the deals. Pray I don't alter them any further.
God, I can't believe I didn't post that one. :D
+1
Post edited May 02, 2017 by HunchBluntley
I don't get it. 2 hours ago everything (from my wishlist anyway, 5 titles, plus I own 6 already) was 77% off but now they're back to 60%. wtf happened?
IronArcturus: Does anyone know if any of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games work with an Xbox 360 controller?
HunchBluntley: Like dudalb said, a joystick is recommended for these. Hell, I'd recommend a mouse & keyboard (what I used to play TIE Fighter as a kid) over a gamepad; there are so many controls, you'd have to use the keyboard along with the gamepad anyway, and that would be awkward as hell.

HunchBluntley: God, I can't believe I didn't post that one. :D
+1
I use Joystick and Keyboard in place of Mouse and Keyboard for the X Wing series games. I could not see using a joy sitck, no matter how many buttons I might have, alone. ANd I would not even try it with a controller alone.
Like I said, this is not like Rogue Squadron,with a simplified flight model, where was designed for a game controller. The X Wing flight system is a lot closer to a heavy duty flight simulator like the Microsoft FLight Simulator then to the "dumbed down" Star Wars aerial combat games like Rogue Squadron or Shadows Of The Empire. I am not knocking those games, they are a lot of fun, but don't compare them in tern of complexity to the X wing series.
dudalb: The game does recognize controllersbut , it would be really, really, clumsy to use. You would be dead meat. It is a fairly heavy duty flight simulator, you really need a joystick to enjoy the game. It is not a casual "flight" game,like "Shadows Of The Empire" where you can use a controller.
There was a reason why the games were never released for consols.
work? Yes. Recommended? no. suggestions from other players you must take. Keyboard, playable it is. Tie-fighter: heavy with keyboard binds, it is. X-wing, too.

The reason x-wing and tie-fighter were not released for consoles is the fact that they rely on keybinds (one to boost shield power, 1 for lasers, 1 for tractor beam, 1 to swap shields for laser and vice-versa, one to choose the closest enemy aircraft, cycle through aircraft, set speeds, etc) that would not be doable on a console of their day (MAYBE-just MAYBE you could maybe have seen a port for something with a keyboard attatchment and mouse if things had gone differently). I have been able to play with keyboard and mouse but it a
devjock: at the risk of sounding like a broken record: No Episode 1 Racer, no deal.. I know why it's not here, but still, I'm making my voice heard..

Let me just add a tiny bit; I'll buy any game with the name Star Wars in it in one go, as soon as you guys can deliver Star Wars Racer.. I need my podracing fix before I can get into my tie-fighter dogfights..

Is that canon?
tinyE: How is it GOG's fault that it doesn't work on modern systems? You'll notice Steam doesn't sell it either.

You're giving shit to GOG for something that is totally the fault of Lucas Arts.
I suppose you have a point, but what about all those games on here that are way older? Mmhm, dosbox, I see. Yes, I can't expect this particular game to be a good match for Windows 95 running on top of dosbox, but on the other hand, I've seen people running old school Need for Speed games with 3dfx and everything turned on under VM's, and those run like a dream. What gives?

Also, I couldn't even physically care less about Steam. Gog is my main collection platform.
Post edited May 02, 2017 by devjock
tinyE: How is it GOG's fault that it doesn't work on modern systems? You'll notice Steam doesn't sell it either.

You're giving shit to GOG for something that is totally the fault of Lucas Arts.
devjock: I suppose you have a point, but what about all those games on here that are way older? Mmhm, dosbox, I see. Yes, I can't expect this particular game to be a good match for Windows 95 running on top of dosbox, but on the other hand, I've seen people running old school Need for Speed games with 3dfx and everything turned on under VM's, and those run like a dream. What gives?

Also, I couldn't even physically care less about Steam. Gog is my main collection platform.
No one is more upset than I am. I have Racer on disc and it sits here mocking me. It's easily my favorite racing game of all time but we are all victim of shitty programming.

Oh and is ANYONE here a Beatles fan?
yyahoo: Ugh, I spoke too soon. Looks like all games being 77% off was a mistake. The more expensive Star Wars games are now, once again, more expensive (even more so than previously) at only 58% off.
And there goes any chance of me buying them for now.
Great sales, but I own every game (not all of them on GoG) already. I just hope that we'll get some new Star Wars games this year without having to way the next 4th May, SotE was a great surprise the previous year.
I would personally love to get the first Battlefront, Episode I, Battle for Naboo or Force Commander.
Post edited May 02, 2017 by GLTh3Pr0
Had to get to work and now also missed out on the good deal, found it reasonable and was willing to buy the x-wing/tie fighter set. But now:

This is not the wallet you are looking for.
Well... yea... but a sale is no release though....
OdanUrr: I've been biding my time hoping Disney would allow us to reclaim titles if we already owned them, but it seems that's never going to happen, is it?
dudalb: DId you really think that would happen?

No company is going to give you a free copy of a game that you bought 20 years ago ....
Well, GOG did introduce the system and a few companies did give free copies of their games provided you still had the original CD key (https://www.gog.com/reclaim). The feature is mostly defunct now though.
kdgog: I thought it was weird that there is a warning that you have to sign up to Disney's T&Cs for each game. Normally it's part of the install process and not flagged up as a separate requirement on the store page - I've never seen that before. I already have T&Cs and EULAs coming out of my arse.
* Not literally.
It's the same with Eidos, see TR for example.
So why are the sales only going up to 57% off when I select all the games I don't own yet? Seems like a really weird bug... even if I buy every game in the sale (including all the games I already own), it's only like 68% instead of the advertised 77% off...

Is this what the sale is supposed to be?
These guys covered the ENTIRE ALBUM!
Here are the 1st two tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYD3QtyEGGM
FlamingFirewire: So why are the sales only going up to 57% off when I select all the games I don't own yet? Seems like a really weird bug... even if I buy every game in the sale (including all the games I already own), it's only like 68% instead of the advertised 77% off...

Is this what the sale is supposed to be?
Marketing speak. It's up to 77% off, as in that's the higher discount a game will have in this sale. Some of them will be 58% off, some 77%, there could really be games with 3% off and they'd be technically still saying the truth.

No wonder I hate marketing.
HunchBluntley: God, I can't believe I didn't post that one. :D
+1
I was thinking how I would drop that quote here before I went to lunch. Once I got back I saw that GOG had already "solved the issue" for me by changing the discounts.

My only regret is that it doesn't feel right side by side with my avatar.
Post edited May 02, 2017 by joppo