It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off the best Star Wars™ experiences this galaxy has to offer.

Lightsabers, massive dogfights, cheery homicidal droids - it's a galaxy full of surprises!
Same as our <span class="bold">Star Wars&trade; Sale</span>, which brings along all the thrills and epic adventures native to this beloved universe.

It doesn't take a hardcore RPG fan or even a Star Wars fan to get hopelessly hooked on Knights Of the Old Republic. The intuitive real-time-with-queue combat will always keep you on your toes, but it's really the meaningful character interactions and addictive world exploration that made it into a timeless classic. And that's even before that masterful story twist hits. The fact that the sequel almost managed to surpass its storytelling prowess, is nothing sort of Jedi sorcery.

We've all fantasized about fighting as either a sharpshooting stormtrooper, a backflipping Jedi, or a proud TIE-Fighter pilot, but getting to be all of them at once? That's just on a whole other level of epicness. Or on the levels of Battlefront II, which put you right in the middle of the most iconic battlefields you remember from both the original trilogy and the prequels.

Grab tight onto something and jump into hyperspace with Star Wars™ Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, Republic Commando, and many more!

The <span class="bold">Star Wars&trade; Sale</span> will last until May 12, 10:00 AM UTC.
FlamingFirewire: So why are the sales only going up to 57% off when I select all the games I don't own yet? Seems like a really weird bug... even if I buy every game in the sale (including all the games I already own), it's only like 68% instead of the advertised 77% off...

Is this what the sale is supposed to be?
joppo: Marketing speak. It's up to 77% off, as in that's the higher discount a game will have in this sale. Some of them will be 58% off, some 77%, there could really be games with 3% off and they'd be technically still saying the truth.

No wonder I hate marketing.
HunchBluntley: God, I can't believe I didn't post that one. :D
+1
joppo: I was thinking how I would drop that quote here before I went to lunch. Once I got back I saw that GOG had already "solved the issue" for me by changing the discounts.

My only regret is that it doesn't feel right side by side with my avatar.
Original post was "Everything Star Wars -77%". I know because I posted it on reddit.
I guess it was some miscommunication so discount was removed .
Still a dick move by GOG and Disney.
What I really want for May 4th is DRM-free releases of both Force Unleashed games.
tinyE: Since were on to the movies, as a Star Wars freak and someone with no life, I was watching Episode IV the other day and something never felt right with me about a sequence early on with Obi-Wan and Luke and I think I finally pinned it down.

So Obi-Wan and Luke are hanging out talking about Luke's father when R2 spits out the message and Obi tells Luke, 'you need to come with me'.

Luke refuses, telling him he can't leave behind Uncle Owen and his other responsibilities.

Obi-Wan insists, 'Luke you need to come with me, forget your Uncle, I need your help'.

Luke in turn tells him, sorry, no go, I can't just abandon Uncle Owen.

So Obi relents, they head back to Luke's home, and low and behold, Uncle Owen is dead, a charcoal bricket, leaving Luke free to join Obi Wan and go to Alderaan, leaving Obi-Wan to get his way.

Seems a bit convenient, don't you think?

My theory: Obi-Wan killed Uncle Owen.
And only to radicalize him, so he commits the worst terrorist act in the history of a far far away galaxy...
Friggin muerderin jedis!
Unfrtuantely I already have all of GOG's Star Wars game. Rebellion was literally the first game I purchased here. I keep hoping GOG will release Force Command but no such luck so far.
Force Command is not that great a game...the controls are really clunky...but it should be here just for the sake of completeness.
For those of you who have Force Command on the original discs, someone has made an installer for the game,which replaces the 16 bit installer with the original, automatically installs the official Lucasarts patches, and installs some user made tweaks that make the game playable on a modern computer.

http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/2014/08/12/wars-force-commander/
I have every game in this promotion but five.
STAR WARS™: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
STAR WARS™ Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Star Wars™: Rebel Assault 1 + 2
STAR WARS™ Rebellion
STAR WARS™ Shadows of the Empire™

I see a very specific message on the top left of the page above the the games "77 % off your selection". As soon as I check the box to select all, as I would like to do today, suddenly the message changes to to "55 % off your selection". Why in the world would I purchase this now? It feels like bait and switch and angers me as a consumer. 1-2 years ago you could come to GOG and not have this kind of mess happening on a regular basis. Now we have comparably weak promotions, the old interesting Insomnia or other unique promotions are long gone. We also have what seems to amount to bait and switch promotions. Where the creators are either so inept that they continue to make the same familiar mistake that is always resolved in the same fashion, or their intent is nefarious and they are benefiting at our expense.

I then go to Steam to see what special Star Wars Day promotion they have running. I am missing five games from their Star Wars Collection.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2319/Star_Wars_Complete_Collection/

STAR WARS™: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes™
LEGO® Star Wars™ - The Complete Saga
LEGO® Star Wars™ III - The Clone Wars™
STAR WARS™: Rogue Squadron 3D
STAR WARS™: Rebel Assault I + II

The LEGO games are listed as 75% off from the start, the other two games are 60% off. But to complete the bundle? The discount suddenly drops to five games at -93% $5.29. On GOG, the five games are at -55% $16.75. The discount actually decreases as I buy more. My decision is obvious. It is too bad. I would MUCH rather spend my money on GOG...
Lostinablock: Had to get to work and now also missed out on the good deal, found it reasonable and was willing to buy the x-wing/tie fighter set. But now:

This is not the wallet you are looking for.
Right? I removed all of those from my cart. This feels like a shoddy business trick. Not cool, GOG. Now I won't even consider the games that changed price.
I already have both KoTOR games here, so I just bought Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast to try them out with OpenJK: https://github.com/JACoders/OpenJK

And I'm still waiting for Aspyr to clear up the mess and release KoTOR 2 for Linux on GOG. Though it works well in Wine.
Post edited May 03, 2017 by shmerl
froggygraphics: Unfortunately those things you ask for were done by Aspyr.
GOG has no working agreement with them so we dont get that stuff,
Plus any Linux or Mac conversions of any of the other games they have done.
immi101: i still blame Disney for that.
They are the publisher of the game, they took the money from the people buying the game before.
If they contract a 3rd party to develop a patch and then hand out that patch for free, but only to some customers, then they are screwing over their customers by treating some of them as 2nd class citizen.
Smugly sitting back and waiting for Aspyr and GOG to fight it out is just insufficient.

I guess you can make the argument to treat the mac/linux port as a separate product that Disney doesn't want anything to with and where Aspyr is fully in charge, thus explaining the lack of them here.
But withholding the patch to the original product that we already have here, sorry but that's just fucked up.
Disney is partly to blame, but Aspyr complicated this mess. They partnered with several quite nasty distributors like Apple store, and they used to have their own store until recently (I think they shut it down now). One of the Aspyr reps told me, that in order to release the game on GOG, they need to put representatives of all partnered distributors together (Apple and Valve at least), and I assume Disney as well.

I suspect it's a hard proposition, when GOG Linux audience is concerned. Most of those simply don't care and think their time is more important than GOG users, and that's why it moves nowhere.
immi101: i still blame Disney for that.
They are the publisher of the game, they took the money from the people buying the game before.
If they contract a 3rd party to develop a patch and then hand out that patch for free, but only to some customers, then they are screwing over their customers by treating some of them as 2nd class citizen.
Smugly sitting back and waiting for Aspyr and GOG to fight it out is just insufficient.

I guess you can make the argument to treat the mac/linux port as a separate product that Disney doesn't want anything to with and where Aspyr is fully in charge, thus explaining the lack of them here.
But withholding the patch to the original product that we already have here, sorry but that's just fucked up.
shmerl: Disney is partly to blame, but Aspyr complicated this mess. They partnered with several quite nasty distributors like Apple store, and they used to have their own store until recently (I think they shut it down now). One of the Aspyr reps told me, that in order to release the game on GOG, they need to put representatives of all partnered distributors together (Apple and Valve at least), and I assume Disney as well.

I suspect it's a hard proposition, when GOG Linux audience is concerned. Most of those simply don't care and think their time is more important than GOG users, and that's why it moves nowhere.
To be honest, I don´t really get why is it so problematic for them to say yes to releasing existing Linux or Mac versions for GOG customers, especially if they are sold elsewhere, patch notwithstanding (that patch might be problematic because it has Steam achievements in it, they would have to do a new one with/without Galaxy support, correct me if I am wrong) .
Just give GOG those, they will repackage them in to their own installers, and it´s done.

As for creating ports from scratch - that´s a different story...
jalister: What I really want for May 4th is DRM-free releases of both Force Unleashed games.
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Or at least the first one.
Tarhiel: To be honest, I don´t really get why is it so problematic for them to say yes to releasing existing Linux or Mac versions for GOG customers
I don't think it should be difficult, but thanks to messed up copyright law (which often makes things way too complicated when they don't need to be), every new release requires new contracts. And to write a contract you need legal team (lawyers). I suppose involved parties don't care to pay those lawyers, when audience is small (GOG Linux users). So we are again bitten by the fact that GOG is an upstart, and didn't yet reach the market volume that can't be easily ignored.
jalister: What I really want for May 4th is DRM-free releases of both Force Unleashed games.
SWM753: +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Or at least the first one.
I am a
SW freak but it sounds like you know the Force Unleashed games better than I might. For me a bad Star Wars game is still a great game, but I have heard those are pretty awful ports. I'd love to find out that I heard wrong.
yyahoo: Ugh, I spoke too soon. Looks like all games being 77% off was a mistake. The more expensive Star Wars games are now, once again, more expensive (even more so than previously) at only 58% off.
Marioface5: And there goes any chance of me buying them for now.
Same here. Crazy, IIRC, that group of games has hit a max discount of 60% in the past. We don't even get that this year. SMH. I used to think they were priced higher because they were exclusive to GOG for a while, but now that they've all been on Steam for a while as well, I just don't get it...
deleted