It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off the best Star Wars™ experiences this galaxy has to offer.

Lightsabers, massive dogfights, cheery homicidal droids - it's a galaxy full of surprises!
Same as our <span class="bold">Star Wars&trade; Sale</span>, which brings along all the thrills and epic adventures native to this beloved universe.

It doesn't take a hardcore RPG fan or even a Star Wars fan to get hopelessly hooked on Knights Of the Old Republic. The intuitive real-time-with-queue combat will always keep you on your toes, but it's really the meaningful character interactions and addictive world exploration that made it into a timeless classic. And that's even before that masterful story twist hits. The fact that the sequel almost managed to surpass its storytelling prowess, is nothing sort of Jedi sorcery.

We've all fantasized about fighting as either a sharpshooting stormtrooper, a backflipping Jedi, or a proud TIE-Fighter pilot, but getting to be all of them at once? That's just on a whole other level of epicness. Or on the levels of Battlefront II, which put you right in the middle of the most iconic battlefields you remember from both the original trilogy and the prequels.

Grab tight onto something and jump into hyperspace with Star Wars™ Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, Republic Commando, and many more!

The <span class="bold">Star Wars&trade; Sale</span> will last until May 12, 10:00 AM UTC.
CLBrown: Great news... and hope it's an indicator of something "new" (so to speak) coming to GoG.

There are still a number of Star Wars games which aren't on GoG or Steam, but which I think should be.

Let's see...

1) the FIRST "Star Wars Battlefront" game. (Yeah, they have BF2, but the first game was good, too.)

2) "Shadows of the Empire" (1st and 3rd person, shooter/flyer; a lot of fun!)

3) Battle For Naboo (basically Rogue Squadron 3D II, set in the prequel era)

4) Racer (1st person podracing... used to work WONDEFULLY with my 3D shutter glasses!)

5) Force Commander (I know I'm unusual in this, but it's my favorite Star Wars strategy game... playing from the Imperial side of things)

6) YODA STORIES... a silly little thing, but a fun way to waste time. Only a minor tweak or two allow it to run on a modern system (I've done it). Basically, a "grid-based rogue-like" with a Star Wars theme.

And, just to be a completist...

7) Behind the Magic - a Database with lots of photos, videos, etc... the first place I ever saw the "deleted Tatooine scenes" including Luke at Anchorhead, talking with the soon-to-rebel Biggs Darklighter)

BtM is the one which would likely be the hardest to make work on a modern system... I run my copy in a virtual machine, because I've never figured out how to get it to run on a modern system. The CONTENT is all there, easily accessible, but the "presentation engine" used some obsolete software (much like the Trek reference stuff which all used Quicktime 2.0 and won't run without it... meaning "wont' run on a modern system")
That's not news, and SotE is actually on GoG from a year (and on Steam too recently). There are also other games missing, like "Episode I: The Video Game" and some very old/very badly done games, like "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" and "Star Wars: Supremacy".
Post edited May 03, 2017 by GLTh3Pr0
I should have jumped on this yesterday morning when the sale was bigger. I did end up getting X-Wing and Tie Fighter. I probably would have gone for a third game if the discounts didn't shrink but oh well.
CLBrown: Great news... and hope it's an indicator of something "new" (so to speak) coming to GoG.

There are still a number of Star Wars games which aren't on GoG or Steam, but which I think should be.

Let's see...

1) the FIRST "Star Wars Battlefront" game. (Yeah, they have BF2, but the first game was good, too.)

2) "Shadows of the Empire" (1st and 3rd person, shooter/flyer; a lot of fun!)

3) Battle For Naboo (basically Rogue Squadron 3D II, set in the prequel era)

4) Racer (1st person podracing... used to work WONDEFULLY with my 3D shutter glasses!)

5) Force Commander (I know I'm unusual in this, but it's my favorite Star Wars strategy game... playing from the Imperial side of things)

6) YODA STORIES... a silly little thing, but a fun way to waste time. Only a minor tweak or two allow it to run on a modern system (I've done it). Basically, a "grid-based rogue-like" with a Star Wars theme.

And, just to be a completist...

7) Behind the Magic - a Database with lots of photos, videos, etc... the first place I ever saw the "deleted Tatooine scenes" including Luke at Anchorhead, talking with the soon-to-rebel Biggs Darklighter)

BtM is the one which would likely be the hardest to make work on a modern system... I run my copy in a virtual machine, because I've never figured out how to get it to run on a modern system. The CONTENT is all there, easily accessible, but the "presentation engine" used some obsolete software (much like the Trek reference stuff which all used Quicktime 2.0 and won't run without it... meaning "wont' run on a modern system")
GLTh3Pr0: That's not news, and SotE is actually on GoG from a year (and on Steam too recently). There are also other games missing, like "Episode I: The Video Game" and some very old/very badly done games, like "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" and "Star Wars: Supremacy".
Ah, somehow I missed "Shadows" on here... odd, but good to see.

And yeah, I know about those other games, but they're not games I'd WANT to have. I mentioned the ones I, personally, think OUGHT to be available.

"Force Commander" got a bum rap when it came out... never quite figured out why. It was a LOT of fun, and I never came across any bugs. The biggest complaint, as far as I was ever able to figure out, was the "rock-i-fied Imperial March" (which I personally sort of like).

https://youtu.be/fhuE09XP-m4

I've managed to get it running quite nicely on my modern machine... a few compatibility toolkit settings required, but nothing too extreme.

And while "Racer" (podracing sim) isn't the world's greatest game, my fond memories of how much fun it was (seeing it in a true-3D stereoscopic format) make me want to play it on a "today" system, though it's hard to make happen on anything 64-bit, I've found. (It's the sort that would be ideal to convert onto a Gear VR headset, actually!)
Someone did an installer for SW:Force Commander which solves all the issues with modern computers for the game. I posted the URL earlier in this thread.

Someone said "Star Wars Supremacy" is missing from GOG. No, it's not, since "Star Wars:Supremacy" was just the UK title for "Star Wars:Rebellion".
Post edited May 03, 2017 by dudalb
Impaler26: Yes, yesterday all SW games were 77% off. Today they changed it to "up to 77% off" and many SW games are now only 60% off. Looks like one of GOG's typical errors...
Sheesh.
Well definitely not buying anything now.
deleted
GLTh3Pr0: That's not news, and SotE is actually on GoG from a year (and on Steam too recently). There are also other games missing, like "Episode I: The Video Game" and some very old/very badly done games, like "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" and "Star Wars: Supremacy".
CLBrown: Ah, somehow I missed "Shadows" on here... odd, but good to see.

And yeah, I know about those other games, but they're not games I'd WANT to have. I mentioned the ones I, personally, think OUGHT to be available.

"Force Commander" got a bum rap when it came out... never quite figured out why. It was a LOT of fun, and I never came across any bugs. The biggest complaint, as far as I was ever able to figure out, was the "rock-i-fied Imperial March" (which I personally sort of like).

https://youtu.be/fhuE09XP-m4

I've managed to get it running quite nicely on my modern machine... a few compatibility toolkit settings required, but nothing too extreme.

And while "Racer" (podracing sim) isn't the world's greatest game, my fond memories of how much fun it was (seeing it in a true-3D stereoscopic format) make me want to play it on a "today" system, though it's hard to make happen on anything 64-bit, I've found. (It's the sort that would be ideal to convert onto a Gear VR headset, actually!)
Yeah, Force Commander was a great game for sure, I'd love to get that too. I never played Racer, but I always heard good things about it. They might still surprise us by adding a new game on the 4th, but I'm starting to give my hopes up.
I think Force Commander is just an OK game,but would still like to see it here on GOG.
Controls are clunky,..the camera will drive you nuts... Enemy AI is bad,no real skirmish mode, no real scenario editor.It is just missing a lot of what people expect in a strategy game. It is not as bad as it's reputation, but many people were disappointed in it when it came out in 1999. Even Lucasarts regognized they had a failure,since they rushed Galatic Battlegrounds into production to fill the Star Wars strategy gap. IMHO FOCOM was made by
IMHO EMpires At War was Force Commander done right.
FOCOM was a strategy game done by people who did not really understand how to do a strategy game right. If you love anything "Star Wars" of course you will love it, but if you are a strategy gamer you will be disappointed.
Post edited May 03, 2017 by dudalb
I have all the games on Steam. When i saw the sale yesterday i jumped up from excitement.
Today i went on the page to buy them. Saw the remaining SW games (5 games) were not 77% lower but 60%.

So no purchases for me.
I have good faith in GOG and i want to support them by buying these games a 2nd time, but not at this price.
Post edited May 03, 2017 by Epitaph666
CLBrown: 2) "Shadows of the Empire" (1st and 3rd person, shooter/flyer; a lot of fun!)
It's here in the GOG library since... I don't know, last year?

One question: was the line below yesterday here in the first post or they added it recently?

NOTE: Until May 4th 10:00 AM UTC, certain games are 77% off. They will be back to -75% for the rest of the sale's duration.
Post edited May 03, 2017 by op2017si
op2017si: NOTE: Until May 4th 10:00 AM UTC, certain games are 77% off. They will be back to -75% for the rest of the sale's duration.
Probably only those games which are not already down to 60% discount now. ;)
Quite fancy trying Dark Forces. My concern is the controls as I've found some of the other 90's Star Wars games really difficult to play due to the old control schemes. I did all my gaming on consoles (with the exception of my beloved ZX Spectrum) back in those days. Can the Dark Forces games be mapped to WASD and mouse?
Yes, it can be remapped.
But the first Dark FOrces has a bizarre save system that can be frustrating.
Post edited May 04, 2017 by dudalb
This is fantastic news, but with this year being Star Wars' 40th anniversary, I was really hoping more classic Star Wars games were going to be added to GOG for May 4th. There are several in particular I've been eagerly waiting for: Battle for Naboo, Episode I: Racer, Battlefront, Force Commander, Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Yoda Stories, and The Force Unleashed I & II.

Even though Behind the Magic and Episode I Insider's Guide technically aren't games, I'd still love for them to be made available on GOG, as well.
Vector_Leader: This is fantastic news, but with this year being Star Wars' 40th anniversary, I was really hoping more classic Star Wars games were going to be added to GOG for May 4th. There are several in particular I've been eagerly waiting for: Battle for Naboo, Episode I: Racer, Battlefront, Force Commander, Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Yoda Stories, and The Force Unleashed I & II.

Even though Behind the Magic and Episode I Insider's Guide technically aren't games, I'd still love for them to be made available on GOG, as well.
I think Yoda Stories might be freeware. I know it was at one time.