It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A fistful of vengeance.

<span class="bold">GUN&trade;</span>, a gun-trotting action/adventure in the wild West, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com.

There is something about the Old West that keeps fascinating us. The dusty towns, the gold rush, the dames of questionable moral fiber, the bullet-ridden saloons, the twitchy duels, the tobacco-chewing villains - they blur the line between history and fantasy in a particularly alluring fashion.
GUN is about breathing in all these things as Colton White and also engaging in bounty-collection missions, poker matches, buffalo hunts, train robberies, horseback shootouts, and just about everything that an open-world adventure has to offer to a daring gunslinger such as yourself. Just remember that sometimes the stealthy, more cunning approach is preferable to direct violence, even against the lowlifes that have wronged you.

Enter the vast, opportunistic land of the Wild West and dish out justice with your <span class="bold">GUN&trade;</span> in hand, DRM-free on GOG.com.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sZo5BxQDkto
Post edited June 23, 2016 by maladr0Id
AlienMind: Not most, all, and that was the point.
The point is, rather to not sell the "indiziert" (forbidden in germany to people under 18) games at all, to just sell them to people over 18, which in my opinion is solved by enabling only buys with a normal credit card which you can't register to someone under 18 in germany. So in the end gog sold it to someone 18 which is the one responsible. The end.
Thus GOG would not have to do verification itself and also not use some more obscure 3rd party like suggested in this thread. They could even offer that other verification system alongside this one. I just think it's the least intrusive.
Credit cards aren't very popular in germany. People prefer other methods of payment. I don't like to use credit cards myself. Here on GOG I buy with paysafecards, it's a good way to purchase stuff anonymously. So your solution is not a good solution for me and lots of germans.
seppelfred: Here on GOG I buy with paysafecards,.. your solution is not a good solution for me and lots of germans.
Paysafecard can be sold to underage people, so this is no solution _at all_. The transaction being non-anonymously is exactly the point. This way GOG does not have to do additional age verification because they have the over-18-ID of the credit card holder. I'd rather have a bad solution than no solution at all. Besides, this is ONE option, only for the list of blocked games right now, which could be used instead of some other verification methods listed in this thread already. Options are always good, even if you don't use them.
About "popular" or not: I wouldn't go to the store with my credit card. I'd buy cash. But if I book a flight with Lufthansa, I have to use it because they don't do paypal. "popular" or not. So I have it anyways. Btw you can get Visa card on most banks for free.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by AlienMind
Lifthrasil: And while I'm at it: all legal age Germans who want to buy this and other age restricted games here might want to vote for an optional age verification:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/optional_age_verification_eg_for_german_users

and all other users who want to help out their German fellow GOGites, are of course welcome to vote too!
Only an age verification is not the solution.

The problem started when the german storefront was introduced. German internet law sais that the site falls under german law when the audience of that site are germans.

german storefront = german audience = german law

Then you have to make a difference between games that are on the index and games that are totally forbidden in germany.

As it already sais owning totally forbidden games are forbidden for everyone, even if you are 18+ in germany.

Games on the index you are allowed to own if you are 18+. But as a vendor you are not allowed to advertise them in your store or even putting them on your shelves where everyone can see them. So there has to be a separate 18+ area in the store which can be only accessed with age verification.

So only an age verification at the checkout would still break german law.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by Silverhawk170485
Silverhawk170485: As it already sais owning totally forbidden games are forbidden for everyone, even if you are 18+ in germany.
If you are talking about games like Wolfenstein 3d, that's wrong. You are allowed to own it („Privatbesitz“), but no vendor is allowed to sell it to you in Germany („Vertrieb und Verbreitung“).
Silverhawk170485: As it already sais owning totally forbidden games are forbidden for everyone, even if you are 18+ in germany.
No, that's not true at all.

http://www.medienzensur.de/Beschlagnahmung-Beschlagnahme-Filme-Spiele-131-86a-StGB.html

"- Der reine Besitz (Privatbesitz) ist nicht strafbar!
- Auch das private Anschauen des beschlagnahmten Mediums ist ebenfalls nicht strafbar (Vorsicht beim Anschauen mit Freunden: Das könnte als "Vorführung" zu werten und somit strafbar sein!)
- Auch das Kaufen ist nicht strafbar, sofern man es nicht tut, um zu Verbreiten, Vorzuführen etc. (Der Verkäufer hingegen macht sich strafbar!)"
Post edited June 27, 2016 by seppelfred
seppelfred: No, that's not true at all.

http://www.medienzensur.de/Beschlagnahmung-Beschlagnahme-Filme-Spiele-131-86a-StGB.html

"- Der reine Besitz (Privatbesitz) ist nicht strafbar!
- Auch das private Anschauen des beschlagnahmten Mediums ist ebenfalls nicht strafbar (Vorsicht beim Anschauen mit Freunden: Das könnte als "Vorführung" zu werten und somit strafbar sein!)
- Auch das Kaufen ist nicht strafbar, sofern man es nicht tut, um zu Verbreiten, Vorzuführen etc. (Der Verkäufer hingegen macht sich strafbar!)"
Oh yeah you are right. Owning them ist not forbidden but:

- Strafbar ist ebenso der Verkauf, die Vorführung, das Verschenken usw.

So if GOG sells such games on this site they can become sued. I think no store likes to become sued.
If you only show the game to an other person, you can become sued.
If you sell or gift the game to an other person, you can become sued.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by Silverhawk170485
Silverhawk170485: So only an age verification at the checkout would still break german law.
Yes. But who suggested waiting until checkout for the age verification? Using optional verified accounts (like Amazon, who also do some business in Germany), they could keep everything as it is for non-logged in or non-verified users with German IPs. But as soon as you log in with an age verified account, you get to buy the indexed games again. In that way they don't break German law. It's the same as an opt-in 'ab 18 Bereich' for legal age German users.

...or they could get rid of that stupid German storefront. But they don't want to do that, unfortunately.
How would you go about verifying accounts in a way that accords with German law and how much would that cost?
Post edited June 28, 2016 by Kristian
omega64: The game is region locked, not sold to Germans.
You'll need to trade with someone to get it.
schmidt100: @gog.com Team: Sorry gog.com, but this region lock for certain games sucks. Its also annoying to see games on sale and its not possible to buy them. Maybe you shoud block the news and offers as well for unwanted customers :)
This game looks interesting but really. That price for a 2006 game.
Steam has it at £9.99 right now its 75% off and is £2.49, although its on offer here on GoG it still come in more than double steams price, so i will probably end up buying it from steam instead at some point this weekend and hope it works, if not it will just get refunded and i will just wait for that same pricetag to hit GoG's version.