It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A fistful of vengeance.

<span class="bold">GUN&trade;</span>, a gun-trotting action/adventure in the wild West, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com.

There is something about the Old West that keeps fascinating us. The dusty towns, the gold rush, the dames of questionable moral fiber, the bullet-ridden saloons, the twitchy duels, the tobacco-chewing villains - they blur the line between history and fantasy in a particularly alluring fashion.
GUN is about breathing in all these things as Colton White and also engaging in bounty-collection missions, poker matches, buffalo hunts, train robberies, horseback shootouts, and just about everything that an open-world adventure has to offer to a daring gunslinger such as yourself. Just remember that sometimes the stealthy, more cunning approach is preferable to direct violence, even against the lowlifes that have wronged you.

Enter the vast, opportunistic land of the Wild West and dish out justice with your <span class="bold">GUN&trade;</span> in hand, DRM-free on GOG.com.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sZo5BxQDkto
Post edited June 23, 2016 by maladr0Id
schmidt100: The shoppage of "GUN" doesnt show up and its not possible to find the game via the search function.
The game is region locked, not sold to Germans.
You'll need to trade with someone to get it.
schmidt100: The shoppage of "GUN" doesnt show up and its not possible to find the game via the search function.
omega64: The game is region locked, not sold to Germans.
I was thinking of starting something like couch surfing. German gir... users could visit me in Greece and buy a few games from the comfort of my bedr... living room.
This game looks awful.
Wishlisted for now. :) I'll pick it up at some sale.
What, the game is blocked for German users? What kind of joke is that? Kind of disappointing.
Would love to hear a statement from GOG about what's behind this, since I assume they're forced to block it.
omega64: The game is region locked, not sold to Germans.
sunshinecorp: I was thinking of starting something like couch surfing. German gir... users could visit me in Greece and buy a few games from the comfort of my bedr... living room.
I'll tip my hat. that is really a nice, unselfish offer - I wonder how many German gir... users will make use of it.

roflbobby: What, the game is blocked for German users? What kind of joke is that? Kind of disappointing.
It is - but in the end not GOG is to blame, but our laws... I know our politicans are in the process of learning, that gaming itself is not evil or harmful - but it is still a long way and unfortunately the old index is still valid.

roflbobby: I assume they're forced to block it.
There could be other ways, but this sure is the easiest one. Next to close the German store at all, that is.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by ralfkorrek
Stooner: Forget this, let's <a href="http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_gun_34149/post277" class="link_arrow"></a></div> Ah, pretty good, pretty good. How about some [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkf3dnRSBX4]Smoke?
ralfkorrek: I'll tip my hat. that is really a nice, unselfish offer - I wonder how many German gir... users will make use of it.
That's me. Always thinking about gir... others. Never about me.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by sunshinecorp
Interesting release. To anyone who played both: how does it compare to the first Call of Juarez?
Post edited June 24, 2016 by Pardinuz
AlienMind: This is getting ridiculous.
I'm over 18.
Please test that and handle me correspondingly.
Or change your EULA to just not allow selling to minors.
As I was understanding previous dicussions on this GOG would have to implement some cumbersome or expensive procedures in order to comply with German law. Is that wrong?
ralfkorrek: It is - but in the end not GOG is to blame, but our laws...
It's purely GOGs "fault". At least for this title. You are still allowed to sell it in Germany - as long as it is made sure, it is not sold or advertised to minors. GOG just don't want to implenent a system that confirms the customers age....

So GOG fails on two levels. They do not sell the game, even while it is allowed to do so.
And they still break the law because they advertise the game here.

..darf nicht... ...öffentlich an einem Ort, der Kindern oder Jugendlichen zugänglich ist oder von ihnen eingesehen werden kann, ..., angekündigt oder angepriesen werden,
roflbobby: I assume they're forced to block it.
Yes and no, see above. They are forced to deny germany children access to it and choose to make it unavailable for every german.
Most likely the cost of implementing a working and law-proof age verification system are higher than the estimated revenue. So it's more than annoying, but since GOG is no charity, sadly comprehensible.
Fakum12: ...
Eine ehrlich gemeinte Frage: Findest du es wirklich geschickt, darauf hinzuweisen? Man kann sich leicht vorstellen, was die Lösung dafür sein könnte...
mk47at: Eine ehrlich gemeinte Frage: Findest du es wirklich geschickt, darauf hinzuweisen? Man kann sich leicht vorstellen, was die Lösung dafür sein könnte...
Ja, damit habe ich kein Problem. Sie machen nicht was sie dürfen und machen was sie nicht dürfen. So ist das System einfach nur kaputt.

Yeah, I don't mind pointing it out. They don't do what they are allowed to do and do what they are not allowed to do. That system is broken by default.
Anime-BlackWolf: Thanks for the region lock guys, thanks a lot. [...}
And I wondered why I'm being redirected to the games section when clicking on the link that should lead to the game's page...

I don't know the game so I can't judge whether to be disappointed or not, but:
Yesterday I thought the game page isn't ready, now fellow GOGers wrote that it's a region lock. Great.

GOG, instead of this redirection nonsense please make it clear when a game simply isn't available in my region.
What you're doing right now is confusing and makes it appear like you are trying to hide these kind of information from your customers.

I expect GOG to be transparent and straightforward about those things in front of its entire userbase.

Midoryu

PS: I honestly don't care that much about region locks. I would rather not have them, but the games I play aren't affected by most of those policies, anyway, so I have no clear opinion on this, yet.

Edited 19:08: Formatting.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by Midoryu
AlienMind: This is getting ridiculous.
I'm over 18.
Please test that and handle me correspondingly.
Or change your EULA to just not allow selling to minors.
Kristian: As I was understanding previous dicussions on this GOG would have to implement some cumbersome or expensive procedures in order to comply with German law. Is that wrong?
There are VERY few games which are "verboten" (forbidden). A list exsits. GOG can look it up.
These games can be blocked from german IPs as usual like now.
For the large list of games which are "indiziert" (forbidden for persons under 18), they could just disable all payment methods except a normal credit card. Minors can't register a normal credit card (no prepaid!) under 18. Case solved.
And in case you say "but.. what if a kid gets the credit card of the parents". In this case I say "gog can't babysit your son. In either case, you are 100% responsible for the actions of your son according to the law until he is 18. Tough luck."
Gut, wenn du meinst. Ich fände die Sperrung des Forums für deutsche Benutzer keine tolle Lösung.