It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A fistful of vengeance.

<span class="bold">GUN&trade;</span>, a gun-trotting action/adventure in the wild West, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com.

There is something about the Old West that keeps fascinating us. The dusty towns, the gold rush, the dames of questionable moral fiber, the bullet-ridden saloons, the twitchy duels, the tobacco-chewing villains - they blur the line between history and fantasy in a particularly alluring fashion.
GUN is about breathing in all these things as Colton White and also engaging in bounty-collection missions, poker matches, buffalo hunts, train robberies, horseback shootouts, and just about everything that an open-world adventure has to offer to a daring gunslinger such as yourself. Just remember that sometimes the stealthy, more cunning approach is preferable to direct violence, even against the lowlifes that have wronged you.

Enter the vast, opportunistic land of the Wild West and dish out justice with your <span class="bold">GUN&trade;</span> in hand, DRM-free on GOG.com.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sZo5BxQDkto
Post edited June 23, 2016 by maladr0Id
great release, many thanks!
mistermumbles: While I wait for this to go on sale I have Techland's Call of Juarez trilogy - none of that Cartel garbage, thank you very much - to keep me busy in my wild west shooting, tooting, rooting... something something. All three for only $11, too. ;)

It is really a shame that Red Dead Redemption never made it to PC. I would snap it up in a heartbeat if Rockstar decided to port it retro-actively, even after having thoroughly completed it on a PS3 some years back.
Red Dead Revolver was also never released for PC either.
a great game. the only thing bad was the missing of multiplayer.
And another game not available to Germans. Ah well, if GOG doesn't want my money, I'll get the game elsewhere.

(and yes, as others discussed, it is GOG's decision to block age restricted games for everyone in Germany instead of implementing an optional age verification)
And while I'm at it: all legal age Germans who want to buy this and other age restricted games here might want to vote for an optional age verification:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/optional_age_verification_eg_for_german_users

and all other users who want to help out their German fellow GOGites, are of course welcome to vote too!
Lifthrasil: and all other users who want to help out their German fellow GOGites, are of course welcome to vote too!
Done. ;)
Lifthrasil: and all other users who want to help out their German fellow GOGites, are of course welcome to vote too!
mistermumbles: Done. ;)
Thanks!
Does anyone know if this game works with an Xbox 360 controller?
Kristian: As I was understanding previous dicussions on this GOG would have to implement some cumbersome or expensive procedures in order to comply with German law. Is that wrong?
AlienMind: There are VERY few games which are "verboten" (forbidden). A list exsits. GOG can look it up.
These games can be blocked from german IPs as usual like now.
For the large list of games which are "indiziert" (forbidden for persons under 18), they could just disable all payment methods except a normal credit card. Minors can't register a normal credit card (no prepaid!) under 18. Case solved.
And in case you say "but.. what if a kid gets the credit card of the parents". In this case I say "gog can't babysit your son. In either case, you are 100% responsible for the actions of your son according to the law until he is 18. Tough luck."
That may, as a practical matter, exclude most people under the age of 18, but is it a sufficient procedure under German law?

The question is what are the requirements of German law for a age verification system to be good enough?
Kristian: That may, as a practical matter, exclude most people under the age of 18, but is it a sufficient procedure under German law?
No, it's not.

Kristian: The question is what are the requirements of German law for a age verification system to be good enough?
That's the fun part: You have to show the vendor your ID card. Works great in a retail store. If you order something from amazon (physical stuff), the postman has to check your ID card before giving you your package.

I forgot to mention what's a good enough system for digital goods bought on a website? No, I didn't ;) Welcome to Germany.
Kristian: That may, as a practical matter, exclude most people under the age of 18, but is it a sufficient procedure under German law?

The question is what are the requirements of German law for a age verification system to be good enough?
Not most, all, and that was the point.
The point is, rather to not sell the "indiziert" (forbidden in germany to people under 18) games at all, to just sell them to people over 18, which in my opinion is solved by enabling only buys with a normal credit card which you can't register to someone under 18 in germany. So in the end gog sold it to someone 18 which is the one responsible. The end.
Thus GOG would not have to do verification itself and also not use some more obscure 3rd party like suggested in this thread. They could even offer that other verification system alongside this one. I just think it's the least intrusive.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by AlienMind
schmidt100: The shoppage of "GUN" doesnt show up and its not possible to find the game via the search function.
omega64: The game is region locked, not sold to Germans.
You'll need to trade with someone to get it.
@gog.com Team: Sorry gog.com, but this region lock for certain games sucks. Its also annoying to see games on sale and its not possible to buy them. Maybe you shoud block the news and offers as well for unwanted customers :)
Post edited June 27, 2016 by schmidt100

AlienMind: Not most, all, and that was the point.
The point is, rather to not sell the "indiziert" (forbidden in germany to people under 18) games at all, to just sell them to people over 18, which in my opinion is solved by enabling only buys with a normal credit card which you can't register to someone under 18 in germany. So in the end gog sold it to someone 18 which is the one responsible. The end.
Thus GOG would not have to do verification itself and also not use some more obscure 3rd party like suggested in this thread. They could even offer that other verification system alongside this one. I just think it's the least intrusive.
" games at all, to just sell them to people over 18, which in my opinion is solved by enabling only buys with a normal credit card which you can't register to someone under 18 in germany. "

Well in your opinion it is solved by doing that, but what about the opinion of German law?
Kristian: Well in your opinion it is solved by doing that, but what about the opinion of German law?
care to elaborate? how does this conflict with the law? if you're trying to say is that my words are not proofed for business then yes. gog needs to contact their lawyer to proof it. that's not my job. at least i made a practical proposal. but until now, gog said NOTHING about this topic other than a half-baked "i'll forward your words to my superior" feel-good-sentence... weeks ago.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by AlienMind
Kristian: Well in your opinion it is solved by doing that, but what about the opinion of German law?
AlienMind: care to elaborate? how does this conflict with the law? if you're trying to say is that my words are not proofed for business then yes. gog needs to contact their lawyer to proof it. that's not my job. at least i made a practical proposal. but until now, gog said NOTHING about this topic other than a half-baked "i'll forward your words to my superior" feel-good-sentence... weeks ago.
Well who is to say that their lawyers haven't already told them what they need to do? They may already have explored this issue with their lawyers and concluded that what they have to do to comply with German law is too expensive. If say a proper age verification system would cost §20/transaction. Surely that would be totally unreasonable to demand of GOG.

From what other knowledgeable people have said in this dicussion it seems extremely unlikely to me that your suggested solution would be in compliance with the law.

Others mentioned systems that are out there that seem to be very costly. Those would not exist if limiting the payment methods would be an option.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by Kristian