It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: thing is, not so long ago, you could buy a groupees bundle knowing there might at least be ONE interesting game - now (as you stated) it is pretty much just shovelware for the most part - and a bit sickening as it being coaxed along by the preorder gamble.
When I check my earliest bundles buys from Groupees, I see amazing stuff like the first Let's Build a Doujin Bundle! and the Build a Meridian4 Mega Bundle. Tons of games and extras, and almost all of them worth having. Now it's turned into a case where the bundles are like "eh, I'll pay $1 for that one game I want".

Poupees, indeed.
Well, I wonder what you all expect for the price of $1?

If one out of five or six games in a bundle for that price is a game you really want, it's still a good deal in my eyes. If there are two or three games that look at least interesting (and Build a Greenlight Bundle more or less always have those), it's a good deal as well.

I guess that bundles would become better again, if people would stop paying the bare minimum.
Well, I finally had my epiphany while out on a walk last night, not long after thumbing through the manual for Victoria Complete, and it only took looking back at the results of 2, 2.5 months of Groupees purchases. It's all shit.

There's not a single game that would pain me to lose if multiple hard drives crashed.

IndieRoyale and Humble Weekly have done better, but I'm done with Groupees and done with most off-GOG purchases. Frankly, Victoria Complete is worth more than everything I have from Groupees.

In fact, after I skip $6 in total purchases from Groupees, I will buy Kingdom: The Far Reaches, because the shittiest GOG has to offer is worth more than the 30 or 40 games that I would receive from this racket.

If we're rounding down to the nearest penny that they see, the devs aren't going to miss my $0.
budejovice: IndieRoyale and Humble Weekly have done better, but I'm done with Groupees and done with most off-GOG purchases. Frankly, Victoria Complete is worth more than everything I have from Groupees.
No... oh no.... OH NO...

I'm all alone now. All alone in my Groupees addiction. What will I do? Who will I talk to about all these fistfulls of crap steam codes? What will I do?

I'm all alone.
yogsloth: I'm all alone.
I am sticking around this thread - if you ever need to vent about your addiction, I'm here for you!

Plus I wouldn't want to miss those games that I do find actually intriguing like Year Walk from Eye Candy 2 or The Few from the IR Mystery (though I hear it's worse than it looks). Plus, at this point I'm still hopelessly addicted to the Humble Books. :)
yogsloth: No... oh no.... OH NO...

I'm all alone now. All alone in my Groupees addiction. What will I do? Who will I talk to about all these fistfulls of crap steam codes? What will I do?

I'm all alone.
Don't worry. I'm still with you. :)

And Groupees still stays my favourite bundle site, because they have a good mixture between DRM-free games and Steam keys and because of the music they'll often add as a bonus. Found some interesting artists just because of Groupees.
Battle for Glory Bundle on IndieGala

$3.89 for 11 Steam games

- Bridge Constructor Medieval
- Onikira: Demon Killer
- Battle Group 2
- Commandos - Behind Enemy Lines
- Commandos - Beyond the Call of Duty
- Commandos 2 - Men of Courage
- Commandos 3 - Destination Berlin
- Skilltree Saga
- Praetorians
- Imperial Glory
- Deadly 30
Post edited February 18, 2015 by madth3
PaterAlf: Don't worry. I'm still with you. :)
OH THANK GOD! My fellow junkie.
PaterAlf: I guess that bundles would become better again, if people would stop paying the bare minimum.
At the start I paid a lot more than the bottom price. Didn't seem to slow the decline. You need a lot of folks to do that, and with the current offerings those folks are going to feel like suckers.

As it stands, not even the cheap bastards want to shell out for these latest bundles. Gone seem the days when Groupees bundles generated loads of press and garnered five-figure purchase levels.
Yet another Axis bundle on BundleStars:
Game Factory Bundle Special Edition for $9.99

Difference from previous ones: this includes the Battlemat Multi-player DLC
IAmSinistar: Gone seem the days when Groupees bundles generated loads of press and garnered five-figure purchase levels.
That's right and I think it has mainly to do with too many bundles. Right at the moment there are six different bundles active at Groupees alone. Besides that there are four active bundles at HumbleBundle, seven active bundles at IndieGala, two deals at IndieRoyale and probably about another dozen of small bundles that I've missed. It's no wonder that most bundles don't generate a lot of press and hype any longer.
Besides the Trinity Bundle, BundleStars has a Trinity sale too with Steam titles that work on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Discounts up to 90%.
Yeah, the garbage bundling racket is overdue for a market crash. For a brief moment, Greenlight made a good incentive to give away a decent but unknown game to bribe gamers into voting you across the line. Voting was a no-brainer for buyers - I gain a Steam key for free by voting so why not? Now that Greenlight has opened up for just about anything that can pass a compiler, there's a lot less incentive to comp cheapskates (and turn tomorrow's $15 sale into a $0.25 trade!) anymore. All those cheap sales that once converted into Greenlight votes won't convert into 5 Star reviews and popular Twitch streams, which is what you need to climb the charts now.

Mostly what's left in the bundle scene are games that were really cheap in development (looking at you RPG Maker), or old titles that are already near wrung out. I think the best strat for most of the bundles is whenever you see a preorder, shove whatever price they're asking into a swear jar. Sure, go back and pull money out of the jar if a bundle turns out to be good. On the balance, I think you'll find that the jar fills up pretty quick, and you can now afford full retail on every game that is actually worth playing.

Or get a new car. Those are pretty fun too.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by pen_sq
yogsloth: OH THANK GOD! My fellow junkie.
And yet another sucke --- optimist joins your ranks!
People have regretted buying a pig in a poke for ages (what's why the idiom exists since the middle ages). Pre-sales of game bundles is just a recent take on it. I'm not sure why people can't seem learn - I guess it gives a similar thrill as gambling, but with less risked.