It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyraxpt:
thing is, not so long ago, you could buy a groupees bundle knowing there might at least be ONE interesting game - now (as you stated) it is pretty much just shovelware for the most part - and a bit sickening as it being coaxed along by the preorder gamble.

hell, BMA2 had three games I wanted to try and people wanted the ones I didnt - YET... that preorder thng, is also preventing bonuses from happening. right now, I say groupees is poopies!
Cyraxpt:
Sachys: thing is, not so long ago, you could buy a groupees bundle knowing there might at least be ONE interesting game - now (as you stated) it is pretty much just shovelware for the most part - and a bit sickening as it being coaxed along by the preorder gamble.

hell, BMA2 had three games I wanted to try and people wanted the ones I didnt - YET... that preorder thng, is also preventing bonuses from happening. right now, I say groupees is poopies!
Uhm... Well, checking my recent groupees purchases:

BMA2 1$ - I bought (pre order) it on a whim and it was worth it because i was interested in Machines at War, the rest doesn't really interest me and the mystery game will be garbage, im sure of it because they always announce the good stuff first and create suspense with something "mysterious"... Same for the bonus goals...

Nostalgia Bundle - Only because of the synth electro/retro albums.

Build a greenlight bundle 12 - I picked Station and Contracts, not sure if it will ever be greenlighted but it was worth it because of the bonus, Seven Kingdoms 2 that later was given a steam key for the HD version.

The rest is... meh. For me, i think the last great bundle from them was either Be Mine 13 or Be Mine 14 and that was almost a year ago. And those trading coins, what was that all about?
Post edited February 18, 2015 by Cyraxpt
Cyraxpt:
so in short - you agree its mostly crap?
Lately ... it's all been crap. Let's see ... my recent purchases:

Retro 4: Earthworm Jim on GOG and a Tex Murphy on steam are the only saving graces.
BIAB3: This was the only reasonable bundle in the last while: Megabyte Punch (I have on GOG, but no Linux version), a Bird Story, Munin.
Space Bundle: More like the Space Shit Bundle. They totally suckered me with "Space".
BM17: Cinders and another Tex Murphy make it OK.

I could go on. The problem is, it's easy to find one game in most bundles that make the $1-$1.50 worth it, but generally, it's still a game I wouldn't have bought - even for $1.

I'll reiterate, I'm done with Groupees pre-orders. If they have a game in a bundle that I actually want, I can usually get it for about the same price as the pre-order, and then I don't have to suffer the other shit I got.
high rated
Sachys: https://groupees.com/wgnspoileralert

lots of crap. again.
expopower: Oh no! It's up already? Ack, I forgot to reser-

...hm...

...oh yay! I forgot about this in the last 30 minutes and didn't reserve it!
I offer for
grabs: Nothing - all gone.

Not The Robots
Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ
Spoiler Alert
<and the bonus:
Pixel Puzzles: Japan> gone

I hope I'll never again preorder any groupees bundle...
Post edited February 19, 2015 by gixgox
Regarding the groupees Spoiler Alert bundle:

I own the humble store DRM-free version of Not The Robots. It's well-made.

There's a demo version on Kongregate:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/2DArray/not-the-robots-free-demo

I enjoy it. My son gives me excited advice about avoiding sentries and obstacles, and that probably colors my opinion a bit. But it's certainly worth trying the demo, to see if it sticks to you.

All that said, I haven't bought anything from groupees since December 2013. I visit their site often, but find nothing interesting.
Not the Robots is fun. I really enjoyed it ... when I bought it in a bundle six monthes ago. I can't imagine there are too many Groupees regulars that don't already have Not the Robots.
gixgox: Pixel Puzzles: Japan
I have one friend, runewarden (who is a non-posting member here at GOG), who has PP: Japan wishlisted. If you don't get any other takers, I'd be happy to pass the code along to her ^__^
gixgox: Pixel Puzzles: Japan
genkicolleen: I have one friend, runewarden (who is a non-posting member here at GOG), who has PP: Japan wishlisted. If you don't get any other takers, I'd be happy to pass the code along to her ^__^
It's the only bonus game; as soon as it's unlocked you'll get the code.

These 2 puzzle games would have been the only games I would have bought of this bundle - of course I own them already.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by gixgox
I think groupees should add and involve a community vote for one or two game that will come for a next bundle, 1 voted game by community and the other rest for random games perhaps :\
thk47: I think groupees should add and involve a community vote for one or two game that will come for a next bundle, 1 voted game by community and the other rest for random games perhaps :\
It frightens me to think of what the community might vote for! POTCO anyone?
thk47: I think groupees should add and involve a community vote for one or two game that will come for a next bundle, 1 voted game by community and the other rest for random games perhaps :\
hummer010: It frightens me to think of what the community might vote for! POTCO anyone?
the pirates invading groupees too?!
pen_sq: I'd recommend just grabbing Enemy Mind and Not the Robots for $1 out of that.
Sachys: or just not paying groupees to continue shoveling shit at us. after BMA2, we all thought "oh, good, they finally got it" - nope, just more shit laden with shit in a shitty bowl of shit,

though yes, Not the Robots aint bad - but its a multiple rebundle!
I keep throwing the minimum at pre-order for the shit they are shoveling. Groupees seems to have an endless, steaming pile and huge shovels to get the job done.
Does anyone guess what could be the mystery game in the Square-Enix bundle?

From all those games I only want Murdered, but I'm not going to pay the whole bundle for a single game.....
Now, if there was a possibility to get another interesting game I'd try my luck.
GamersGate daily deal: NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst (Steam) -75%.