It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dyscode: Snip
bansama: Rumor has it, there may now be an IP block on Hitman Absolution, so only copies purchased in Japan can be played in Japan. Any chance you know someone with that game here (who got it from an overseas source) who can check? I can confirm at least that the same is not true of (overseas retail) copies of Sleeping Dogs. But I've now seen two recent reports for Absolution. One for copies sold directly on Steam in Malaysia and another for copies sold via Play Asia. Although all copies were playable in December. So maybe a sign of Square becoming even more arseholeish.

Would be nice to try and get some more confirmation on this for future sales (especially GamersGate/Amazon sold copies).
I'll look when I get home... bought it from the US store (iirc) and it eventually unlocked... though after the US release date.

Interestingly, the copy of Scribblenauts I bought a while ago (and played with and without VPN) has reverted back to pre-load with a release mid Feb...

God I hate regional BS on digital content ><
New IndieGameStand:

Erica Reed's Cognition Ep.1 for $1.30 something. next 91 hrs.
https://indiegamestand.com/

today Dailys on GG are Alan Wake for $9, Steam, well had not seen this on sale for a long time
and for $2.49 Sanctum.
WOW
If some is interestd I can get you Alan for 7000BC, or Sanctum for 2000BC.

bansama: Rumor has it, there may now be an IP block on Hitman Absolution, so only copies purchased in Japan can be played in Japan. Any chance you know someone with that game here (who got it from an overseas source) who can check? I can confirm at least that the same is not true of (overseas retail) copies of Sleeping Dogs. But I've now seen two recent reports for Absolution. One for copies sold directly on Steam in Malaysia and another for copies sold via Play Asia. Although all copies were playable in December. So maybe a sign of Square becoming even more arseholeish.

Would be nice to try and get some more confirmation on this for future sales (especially GamersGate/Amazon sold copies).
Bigs: I'll look when I get home... bought it from the US store (iirc) and it eventually unlocked... though after the US release date.

Interestingly, the copy of Scribblenauts I bought a while ago (and played with and without VPN) has reverted back to pre-load with a release mid Feb...

Well, simple solution buy your copies from Japanese companies from some other service. Most of them also don't mind proxies / VPN. GeoIP fencing turns me soo off - even on google.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: New IndieGameStand:

today Dailys on GG are Alan Wake for $9, Steam, well had not seen this on sale for a long time
and for $2.49 Sanctum.
WOW

Bigs: I'll look when I get home... bought it from the US store (iirc) and it eventually unlocked... though after the US release date.

dyscode: Well, simple solution buy your copies from Japanese companies from some other service. Most of them also don't mind proxies / VPN. GeoIP fencing turns me soo off - even on google.
I do - Amazon/US Steam store/Greenman Gaming etc
It's when regional shennigadians STILL affect my gaming (status of game switching from being able to play (IE Steam with Scribblenauts Unlimited as the above example) that I get royally pissed. Steam implements the publisher's wishes... despite where the key came from...

and for $2.49 Sanctum.
WOW
Alan Wake is $7.48 on GMG atm without the 20% discount voucher ;)

and for $2.49 Sanctum.
WOW
nijuu: Alan Wake is $7.48 on GMG atm without the 20% discount voucher ;)
I thought it`s already gone, did not check GMG today. Man these Mondays really get me (productivity wise).

Bigs: I do - Amazon/US Steam store/Greenman Gaming etc
It's when regional shennigadians STILL affect my gaming (status of game switching from being able to play (IE Steam with Scribblenauts Unlimited as the above example) that I get royally pissed. Steam implements the publisher's wishes... despite where the key came from...
I see - that sucks big time. This hide an catch game really gets tedious...
J-Companies are all so dickish-protective with their stuff, not only games.
dyscode: Well, simple solution buy your copies from Japanese companies from some other service. Most of them also don't mind proxies / VPN. GeoIP fencing turns me soo off - even on google.
Bigs: I do - Amazon/US Steam store/Greenman Gaming etc
I rarely do Amazon US. Mainly Get Games Go for SEGA (have best discounts*), and GamersGate. I use GreenManGaming even less than Amazon US as even when using VPN, they tend to not sell games to me -- the price/buy button rarely displays, even when using a VPN. And I've had problems with their payment system and delays in getting keys for pre-orders.

As for your comment on "Steam implements the publisher's wishes... despite where the key came from". I've had many an argument with Valve on that one. That can sometimes be solved by complaining to the publisher (2K used to listen), or by countless emails to Valve employees via their contact webform (not support). That usually gets solved within a few months, or by related companies going out of business.

They certainly don't like it when you ask them to provide legal grounds for their blocking access to third party purchased Steamworks products. Probably because they know they don't have a legal foot to stand on.

But so far it's looking like US/UK copies of Square games remain playable.

dyscode: I see - that sucks big time. This hide an catch game really gets tedious...
J-Companies are all so dickish-protective with their stuff, not only games.
It's not so much J-companies... Most of the times I've experienced this has been with Western publishers (2K, WB, 38 Studios, Activision, etc.) the only common among them is Valve.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by bansama
Talisman Prologue (regular and premium edition) is on sale at Desura, $6.69 and $8.70 respectively. Premium Edition contains the soundtrack and desktop theme.

How do you search/sort by price at Desura anyway? It's hard to find the deals over there... not that most things aren't fairly cheap there already.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by JaqFrost
FYI Paypal has been unusable on GamersGate for several hours now. All purchases are going into pending and cannot be completed. So bear that in mind if you intend to buy from them today.
bansama: But so far it's looking like US/UK copies of Square games remain playable.
Hitman Absolution (Professional Edition) from Greenman Gaming - so probably a UK key - says install, not preload - so looks like there is no problem there.

Had no problems with my copies of DX: HR or Sleeping Dogs...
Crysis Collection C1,C1 WH, C1 MP (SecuRom), C2 ME (Origin)
US Only, $14
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-CRYSISCP/crysis-collection-bundle?caff=1869351
(I might 'GGgift' this in exchange for 11000BC).

Damit I just bought C2ME from directly from Origin. Well, 1100Yen for C1 and C2ME is not that bad.

bansama: But so far it's looking like US/UK copies of Square games remain playable.
Bigs: Hitman Absolution (Professional Edition) from Greenman Gaming - so probably a UK key - says install, not preload - so looks like there is no problem there.

Had no problems with my copies of DX: HR or Sleeping Dogs...
Yeah, me too with the GMG stuff (and same games) but bansama and me also noted before that our buying experiences seem to be quite different in Japan esp. on GMG.
Bigs: Hitman Absolution (Professional Edition) from Greenman Gaming - so probably a UK key - says install, not preload - so looks like there is no problem there.
dyscode: Yeah, me too with the GMG stuff (and same games) but bansama and me also noted before that our buying experiences seem to be quite different in Japan esp. on GMG.
Absolution doesn't even show on GMG for me.
JaqFrost: How do you search/sort by price at Desura anyway? It's hard to find the deals over there... not that most things aren't fairly cheap there already.
I wondered about that too, and so far it seems that you simplay can't order the games by price... my impression also was that not all games which are reduced by X% are listed under sales.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by Robette
Looks like EA sold all their Batman Arkham City GotY Edition digital copies in here . :p

" Product No Longer Available "
Post edited January 28, 2013 by ne_zavarj
nijuu: Why do companys do that there?.
bansama: Assuming this block does exist and its intentional, I would assume it's because they *think* we'll happily pay $80 for a censored version of a game that sells cheaper everywhere else in uncut form. They are, of course, completely wrong; but refuse to listen to the ever growing customer complaints telling them as such.
I was unaware that there are censored games in Japan? I thought this was mainly a german/australian problem? Did they censor violence or what is the reason for censoring games in your country?
JaqFrost: Talisman Prologue (regular and premium edition) is on sale at Desura, $6.69 and $8.70 respectively. Premium Edition contains the soundtrack and desktop theme.

How do you search/sort by price at Desura anyway? It's hard to find the deals over there... not that most things aren't fairly cheap there already.
There's no way to search by price nor can you add to a wish list of any sort.

I can confirm that Talisman is pretty good and would also suggest the other recent boardgame titles Minion Master and Dungeonlands.