It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys, chek out this NEW indie bundle game site:

3 games for $5, several bundles are live
http://www.indiebundle.org/live-bundles/

Today on Steam:
Orcs Must Die 1 and 2 plus DLC 75% off
Sleeping Dogs and DLC 75% off!

thanks to bigpoppping for the quick help with Zodiac!
Post edited January 27, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: Hey guys, chek out this NEW indie bundle game site:

Nice find. Truly Indie. Decent prices. Heard of none of these games bar one (Journey Down...).
Interesting. A lot of those bundles only have X amount of keys....and most of the games are Desura...
Any recommendations?
Post edited January 27, 2013 by nijuu
dyscode: Hey guys, chek out this NEW indie bundle game site:

That site has actually been around since September last year. The thing is for the longest time they didn't have any new bundles so it was kind of ignored after a while. The Mothership Bundle is new since I last checked the site though, and they have done a redesign of the page to make it look better. Thanks for reminding me they exist.
I got their music bundle a while back. I liked it.
Thanks to a succesful Steam Greenlight, if you bought the game No Time To Explain through the developer's website or pledged $5 or more via their Kickstarter you now get a Steam key for it.

According to the devs the Steam version is the better release - native full screen, Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, reworked visuals, balancing, etc -- and most importantly bug fixes.

http://www.tinybuildgames.com/redeem/
dyscode: Snip
Rumor has it, there may now be an IP block on Hitman Absolution, so only copies purchased in Japan can be played in Japan. Any chance you know someone with that game here (who got it from an overseas source) who can check? I can confirm at least that the same is not true of (overseas retail) copies of Sleeping Dogs. But I've now seen two recent reports for Absolution. One for copies sold directly on Steam in Malaysia and another for copies sold via Play Asia. Although all copies were playable in December. So maybe a sign of Square becoming even more arseholeish.

Would be nice to try and get some more confirmation on this for future sales (especially GamersGate/Amazon sold copies).
ABH20: According to the devs the Steam version is the better release - native full screen, Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, reworked visuals, balancing, etc -- and most importantly bug fixes.
I'm not going to lie. Restricting native full screen, bug fixes and reworked visuals to a release only available in a DRM-laden manner is a bit of a dick move, even if it is "just Steam."
Post edited January 28, 2013 by johnki
bansama: Rumor has it, there may now be an IP block on Hitman Absolution, so only copies purchased in Japan can be played in Japan. Any chance you know someone with that game here (who got it from an overseas source) who can check? I can confirm at least that the same is not true of (overseas retail) copies of Sleeping Dogs. But I've now seen two recent reports for Absolution. One for copies sold directly on Steam in Malaysia and another for copies sold via Play Asia. Although all copies were playable in December. So maybe a sign of Square becoming even more arseholeish.

Would be nice to try and get some more confirmation on this for future sales (especially GamersGate/Amazon sold copies).
Why do companys do that there?.
ABH20: According to the devs the Steam version is the better release - native full screen, Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, reworked visuals, balancing, etc -- and most importantly bug fixes.
johnki: I'm not going to lie. Restricting native full screen, bug fixes and reworked visuals to a release only available in a DRM-laden manner is a bit of a dick move, even if it is "just Steam."
Adding features and reworking visuals for the Steam version isn't entirely unexpected of indie games these days, it gives them a better chance of being approved. I do agree that it's a dick move for the people who supported it before then, when they miss out on the improvements unless they use the Steam version.

The bug fixes is what annoys me the most. I had actually forgotten I owned the game, since random crashes made me give up on it and uninstall. Now I'm reminded I have it thanks to the devs sending an email letting me know I can get a Steam key and play the version of the game they've bothered to patch better.
ABH20: The bug fixes is what annoys me the most. I had actually forgotten I owned the game, since random crashes made me give up on it and uninstall. Now I'm reminded I have it thanks to the devs sending an email letting me know I can get a Steam key and play the version of the game they've bothered to patch better.
Now see, that's just insulting.

I had thought about buying the game for the "WTF?" factor but I just can't support that move.
nijuu: Why do companys do that there?.
Assuming this block does exist and its intentional, I would assume it's because they *think* we'll happily pay $80 for a censored version of a game that sells cheaper everywhere else in uncut form. They are, of course, completely wrong; but refuse to listen to the ever growing customer complaints telling them as such.
bansama: Rumor has it, there may now be an IP block on Hitman Absolution, so only copies purchased in Japan can be played in Japan. Any chance you know someone with that game here (who got it from an overseas source) who can check? I can confirm at least that the same is not true of (overseas retail) copies of Sleeping Dogs. But I've now seen two recent reports for Absolution. One for copies sold directly on Steam in Malaysia and another for copies sold via Play Asia. Although all copies were playable in December. So maybe a sign of Square becoming even more arseholeish.

Wow, that would be real bad news.
AS of you question, sorry, don`t know anyone, as of yet.
nijuu: Why do companys do that there?.
bansama: Assuming this block does exist and its intentional, I would assume it's because they *think* we'll happily pay $80 for a censored version of a game that sells cheaper everywhere else in uncut form. They are, of course, completely wrong; but refuse to listen to the ever growing customer complaints telling them as such.
They did that to us in Australia ie Left4Dead series. But that was more because of the lack of R18 classification, which there is now, but still its not retrospective... so were stuck with older games which were either banned or in censored form via the aussie steam store...
dyscode: Wow, that would be real bad news.
AS of you question, sorry, don`t know anyone, as of yet.
Yeah. I've asked those I know who have it; but don't expect to hear from them for a few hours yet. But yes, it would be highly shitty if this is part of Square's new plans.
Okay, one friend has checked and found their version still playable. Not sure which country it came from though, but likely the US. Not sure why Malaysia Steam sold copies would be singled out as they are priced the same as US, etc., copies. Maybe Square are stupid enough to think people only get gifts from Asian countries!