It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Foxhack: I hate everyone who can get games added to their Origin account.

I always get the same guy who has no idea what he has to do. Or calls me a liar.
Im guessing its one of those phone systems which reroutes the customer to same agent as much as possible... always a ****ing pain in ass for agents to get same painful customer back (from experience lol) ;). Tried calling from a different number? heh
Falci: Well, I agree with Tizzysawr, it's probably just some games. NFS Shift didn't add itself (though it doesn't have a CD key) and neither did Shank 2.
Nearly every EA game has got a cd key hidden in the registry which can be used to register the game on Origin. I haven't got Shank 2, but it's a fairly new game so the key should be available right in Steam, NSF Shift might need some digging in registry.
Daily Deal at GamersGate:
Darksiders €5.00
EVE Online: Crucible is 66% off until the 30th of March.

The Steam version tends to fall far behind on updates though, so it's best to just buy it on Steam for the CD-key which you'll need to register through the CCP website anyway when you make an account with them. Then download the game from CCP to get the most up-to-date version of the game.
ABH20: EVE Online: Crucible is 66% off until the 30th of March.
And there are some people getting 75% off coupon right now for Eve Online so it can be very cheap if you can put your hand on one of those coupons.

The Steam version tends to fall far behind on updates though, so it's best to just buy it on Steam for the CD-key which you'll need to register through the CCP website anyway when you make an account with them. Then download the game from CCP to get the most up-to-date version of the game.
It doesn't matter since the client updates itself after you start the game anyway.
Post edited March 23, 2012 by gyokzoli
Falci: Well, I agree with Tizzysawr, it's probably just some games. NFS Shift didn't add itself (though it doesn't have a CD key) and neither did Shank 2.
nagytow: Nearly every EA game has got a cd key hidden in the registry which can be used to register the game on Origin. I haven't got Shank 2, but it's a fairly new game so the key should be available right in Steam, NSF Shift might need some digging in registry.
You're a genius! :D I found the key to NFS Shift in the Registry and added it to Origin. Worked like a charm.

I couldn't find any reference to Shank 1 or 2 in the Registry though. :(
nagytow: Nearly every EA game has got a cd key hidden in the registry which can be used to register the game on Origin. I haven't got Shank 2, but it's a fairly new game so the key should be available right in Steam, NSF Shift might need some digging in registry.
Falci: You're a genius! :D I found the key to NFS Shift in the Registry and added it to Origin. Worked like a charm.

I couldn't find any reference to Shank 1 or 2 in the Registry though. :(
For Shank there is a CD key option in Steam if you use Detail view in your Library.
Falci: I couldn't find any reference to Shank 1 or 2 in the Registry though. :(
Isn't there a serial key available directly on Steam like for many other games? I'm talking about right click on a game --> show serial number (or something like that).
Falci: I couldn't find any reference to Shank 1 or 2 in the Registry though. :(
nagytow: Isn't there a serial key available directly on Steam like for many other games? I'm talking about right click on a game --> show serial number (or something like that).
No, there isn't. I had checked that already. :(
Falci: No, there isn't. I had checked that already. :(
Are you sure? I add my Steam key for Shank (1) to Origin without any problems.
Attachments:
shank.jpg (74 Kb)
Post edited March 23, 2012 by kjx
kjx: Are you sure? I add my Steam key for Shank (1) to Origin without any problems.
I think the keys get only added if the game is currently installed, at least that what is happening when you check the registry.
Nope. My Shank is not installed. And I NEVER install it via Steam (nor by Origin).

But you have right: Dead Space (the first one) must be installed if you want to see the key in registry.
Post edited March 23, 2012 by kjx
nijuu: BTW - I know weird place to ask, but which of the DLC for Mass Effect 2 are worth purchasing (via Bioware store) ?
Lair of the Shadow Broker is pretty good, they say.
If you need Kasumi, depends on you.
kjx: Are you sure? I add my Steam key for Shank (1) to Origin without any problems.
Doh! You are right. Shank 1 has a serial key on Steam. Since Shank 2 doesn't have one (that I could find, that is) and Shank 1 has no online mode, I just assumed it didn't have a key either. And it is not installed so I wasn't directly looking at it.

Thanks for pointing that out. :D Now Shank 1 is added to my Origin account. :) I still have to figure out how to find Shank 2's key if there is one anywhere.
Post edited March 23, 2012 by Falci
Falci: Thanks for pointing that out. :D Now Shank 1 is added to my Origin account. :) I still have to figure out how to find Shank 2's key if there is one anywhere.
Can't help you with that as I haven't got Shank 2, but I'm quite sure the key has to be somewhere there :)